PDA

View Full Version : Halo wars competition

007useless
October 6th, 2008, 10:00 PM
ok im just thought this might be a cool thing to do for halo pc and halo ce. my idea was to try to make a huge competition for people who still likes playing halo, just to see who is the best of the best or who has the best team/clan. im not sure if people will like this so i wanted to know if some of ya think its a great idea. plz no negative comments i'm just wondering if ya like the idea or not.

xfire = uselessdream :)

TeeKup
October 6th, 2008, 10:02 PM
Grammar, Punctuation, Spelling. (http://owl.english.purdue.edu/handouts/grammar/)

007useless
October 6th, 2008, 10:03 PM
lololol I'm sorry dude i kinda don't care if I misspell words, bad habit I guess.

Gamerkd16
October 6th, 2008, 10:38 PM
Yeah, but if you want people to take you seriously here you're going to have to start caring.
Mozilla Firefox Spell Checker FTW

jngrow
October 7th, 2008, 12:17 AM
Well, it's a VERY simple idea. Kinda random/pointless/already exists if people wanted to do it.

Also, lol times new roman.

Cortexian
October 7th, 2008, 02:58 AM
We tried this in 2007, it was called the HALO: Custom Edition League. It failed horribly because the winning clan cheated or some shit some how, I don't really know all the details...

Anyways, no.

And learn to post.

Timo
October 7th, 2008, 04:19 AM
lololol I'm sorry dude i kinda don't care if I misspell words, bad habit I guess.

We care. It's part of the rules that you use proper grammar and spelling. So if you want to be part of this community, I suggest you start to use it.

Hunter
October 7th, 2008, 05:43 AM
This compotition will be pointless and I can say the a fact there will be someone who will; use an aimbot and cheat some how.

007useless
October 7th, 2008, 07:07 AM
That is why someone else (maybe 2) will be sightjacking the other players, and if they cheat their team is disqualified. its a very simple process.

Sel
October 7th, 2008, 07:14 AM
lol.

Who plays halo seriously anymore anyway?

007useless
October 7th, 2008, 07:45 AM
over a 1000 people play halo still and bout 500 and halo ce.

Pooky
October 7th, 2008, 08:09 AM
over a 1000 people play halo still and bout 5000 and halo ce.

There's a difference between playing seriously and going into a server to aimbot and call people fags.

Lateksi
October 7th, 2008, 05:23 PM
I'm sure a contest of some kind would be popular but who would want to be the guys who do all the work to get things working? Who would want to be the babysitter for cheaters? Well I would sure be a sightjacker but I'm just a single person.

Sel
October 7th, 2008, 05:38 PM
over a 1000 people play halo still and bout 5000 and halo ce.

What the fuck?

That made no grammatical sense whatsoever.

Learn to spell, and get your numbers right.

Almost 100,000 people play halo PC over the course of a month, and that's just legit players who didn't pirate the game.

Needles
October 7th, 2008, 06:06 PM
Sounds fun, but people using cheats could be a big problem.

STLRamsFan
October 7th, 2008, 06:08 PM
That is why someone else (maybe 2) will be sightjacking the other players, and if they cheat their team is disqualified. its a very simple process.

Believe me there's more to it than just that. No matter how many rules you have, someone will always be retarded enough to ruin it for everyone else. Running the last Halo Custom Edition League proved to me that Halo CE was way past its prime and that people really do not care anymore. Doing another tournament would just be a joke to people that sign up. This would have been good back in the day when we actually tried. However, Halo's turned into a chat room for the majority of us nowadays.

And don't think I do not know what I'm talking about, cheating is not the only thing that goes on during these things.

007useless
October 7th, 2008, 07:29 PM
Wow guys thanks for boosting my confidence. Lol. I'm pretty sure that many people wouldn't be cheating. 1st of many of those kids don't know where to get the new aimbot for version 1.08, and if they do it wouldn't be hard to record them and post it on youtube so the teammates know he was really botting and not just the person sightjacking him making up some fib. Some people like the idea of this challenge and i really don't mind being the one organizing it. Its very simple, 5 players a team (maybe one sub) they will be playing on a empty dedi or a host server (host will be the one sightjacking people). Game type will vary between ctf, team slayer, team oddball). The weapons will also vary. I'm really thinking that this will work out. If you like the idea my xfire is
uselessdream.
I'm making a league on xfire http://www.xfire.com/clans/halowarscompetition/. (http://www.xfire.com/clans/halowarscompetition/)
There will be some more rules to come and I'll be informing more info on this forum and on the leagues home page.

(P.s) I think my grammer and puntuation is improving, I'll be working on that more.)

supersniper
October 7th, 2008, 08:41 PM
I thought we already had a league?
http://www.modacity.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50

STLRamsFan
October 8th, 2008, 10:41 AM
It's actually dead. After the last one I did, I'm not going to do it again. Big waste of effort and time. And believe me Useless, it will not work. There are not many people on CE anymore that give a damn about competition on the game. There's not only cheating, there's fake players (Players that come from Halo PC to pose as Halo CE players. See the Addict incident in the HCEL forum to know what I'm talking about), impostor players, wall-hacking, complaining, people not showing up, the tons of time restraints (which is a major problem in such a small community), and so on. Not worth your time and your money.
Go ahead and give it a shot, but I know what I'm talking about from experience.

thehoodedsmack
October 8th, 2008, 01:15 PM
You'd need it set up in a LAN setting or something, at like a Modacity geek-end or whatnot. The internet's just too full of shady crooks.

Cortexian
October 8th, 2008, 01:33 PM
I like how my post pretty much summed up why it won't work, except I did it on the first page. I still try to play this game seriously, and I wish I could find some other guys that would like to do the same to create an actual clan... If there are real clans out there then there's basis for competition, unfortunately I don't think there are enough good players left to make more than one LEGIT clan... *cough*[HIV]*cough*

Pooky
October 9th, 2008, 03:32 PM
I like how my post pretty much summed up why it won't work, except I did it on the first page. I still try to play this game seriously, and I wish I could find some other guys that would like to do the same to create an actual clan... If there are real clans out there then there's basis for competition, unfortunately I don't think there are enough good players left to make more than one LEGIT clan... *cough*[HIV]*cough*

And people like you are why I can still go on CE and grief :)

As a matter of fact I remember you being a recent target :lol:

Cortexian
October 10th, 2008, 12:56 PM
And people like you are why I can still go on CE and grief :)

As a matter of fact I remember you being a recent target :lol:
Probably, but I just sit in my chair and laugh when people try and grief me in Halo... Because that's all that happens in Halo now-a-days.

Pooky
October 10th, 2008, 02:50 PM
Probably, but I just sit in my chair and laugh when people try and grief me in Halo... Because that's all that happens in Halo now-a-days.

Then I sure hope you were laughing in the HIV server while you tried to tell me how Ghost was going to ban me and teek was going to gay me :downs:

TeeKup
October 10th, 2008, 04:30 PM
Then I sure hope you were laughing in the HIV server while you tried to tell me how Ghost was going to ban me and teek was going to gay me :downs:

I'm sorry what?

Pooky
October 10th, 2008, 04:32 PM
I'm sorry what?

That's what he said to me.