PDA

View Full Version : COD5 multiplayer

343guiltymc
October 8th, 2008, 08:35 PM
http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3170445
Like the release the dog thing, really hope it's better than the walling chopper in COD4.

Cortexian
October 9th, 2008, 12:58 AM
They run in from multiple locations around the map... That's going to be shit hard to avoid...

*Goes and plays more CoD4*

Hunter
October 9th, 2008, 06:10 AM
The dogs sound cool. And the new perks sound cool. Can't wait to burn someone. :D

Pooky
October 9th, 2008, 03:23 PM
Loving the lack of helicopter, heli was the fucking stupidest thing in CoD4.

Hoping the game is better optimized than CoD2, the only WWII multiplayer I tried besides DoD:S. Fun fact, I can play CoD4 multiplayer on high visuals and get better FPS than CoD2 on medium. <__<

The_Wraith
October 9th, 2008, 03:26 PM
I like the Heli in CoD4. The only thing is I wish you at least got some points for shooting them down...

Pooky you need to buy (for like 10 bucks) CoD 1 and CoD: UO and you will be in WWII MP heaven. The epic battles at Kursk, Foy, and Sicily on Base Assault are just....wow.

Record was a 3 hour match on Kursk. Pretty intense shit.

Pooky
October 9th, 2008, 03:29 PM
I like the Heli in CoD4. The only thing is I wish you at least got some points for shooting them down...

The thing was annoying as hell to get killed by, but at least you get an assload of experience for killing it. One time I actually killed a helicopter with my USP during last stand, I think I got like 2000 experience and 3 challenges :lol:

The_Wraith
October 9th, 2008, 04:25 PM
The thing was annoying as hell to get killed by, but at least you get an assload of experience for killing it. One time I actually killed a helicopter with my USP during last stand, I think I got like 2000 experience and 3 challenges :lol:Umm. I never get ANY points for downing helis aside from the one achievement. Hence my wishing for some.

I down Helis all the time with just about any weapon. They are stupid easy to take down but usually your teamates don't even try and instead run around the map getting killed by it.

Rentafence
October 9th, 2008, 05:40 PM
Apparently COD5 is gonna have suppressors and red dot type scopes, minus the dot.

Pooky
October 9th, 2008, 07:03 PM
Umm. I never get ANY points for downing helis aside from the one achievement. Hence my wishing for some.

I down Helis all the time with just about any weapon. They are stupid easy to take down but usually your teamates don't even try and instead run around the map getting killed by it.

Then you're doing it wrong. iirc helis are 500 experience or something when you kill them, on PC.

itszutak
October 11th, 2008, 12:10 PM
Not on xbox :smith:

The_Wraith
October 11th, 2008, 12:33 PM
Not on xbox :smith:
^^^^

Rosco
October 12th, 2008, 04:21 PM
activision cant seem to give me my vip badge.

:saddowns:

Cortexian
October 12th, 2008, 04:34 PM
I never get any experience for killing Helis on PC CoD4... I think you're breaking the game Pooky.

Pooky
October 15th, 2008, 12:39 PM
I never get any experience for killing Helis on PC CoD4... I think you're breaking the game Pooky.

Wish CoD 4 had saved films then... because I have no idea what that could have been :|

Evil_Monkey
October 15th, 2008, 01:48 PM
Got the beta of CoD5. I personally think the dogs should be either taken out or replaced, they are so annoying. I knifed a dog twice then shot it and it still killed me, also 2 bites = kill.

Timo
October 15th, 2008, 02:01 PM
At the moment they don't make enough noise really. I heard distant barking, but there was one behind me. I thought I was being shot, but by the time I turned around I was dead from the second bite v_V

InnerGoat
October 15th, 2008, 02:43 PM
What are you talking about buy a real sound system please!

Also, FPS on a console v_V

Pyong Kawaguchi
October 15th, 2008, 07:20 PM
The beta is mostly just a WWII facelift of CoD4
also Recon Plane? :wtf:

Rosco
October 16th, 2008, 04:15 PM
If it was real life I think the plane would probably give coordinates, but this is waaay easier.

The springfield looks ugly, but I like taking someone down, unscope and watch my guy pull the bolt back to see the cartridge spit out. :)

SnaFuBAR
October 16th, 2008, 04:20 PM
i hope their guns don't look like shit and actually look like what they're supposed to be this time.

TeeKup
October 16th, 2008, 04:28 PM
Who remembers the Springfield from CoD3? It was a BOX. It wasn't a rifle, it was a goddamn BOX.

Daishi
October 16th, 2008, 05:05 PM
I remember that piece of work. It was a piece of shit.

Hunter
October 16th, 2008, 05:41 PM
I got the beta, and I don't really like it :/ Give it back to InvisionWard!

CtrlAltDestroy
October 16th, 2008, 06:44 PM
They need to fire their animator.

Timo
October 17th, 2008, 12:48 AM
I got the beta, and I don't really like it :/ Give it back to InvisionWard!

Yes, InvisionWard, that's the one.

ultama121
October 17th, 2008, 01:03 AM
I really don't think this Call of Duty news was worthy of its own thread (seeing as its mostly speculation), so I'll go ahead and post it here.
Call of Duty 7 may return to WWII

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/42348/Call-of-Duty-7-May-Return-To-World-War-II

http://sa.tweek.us/emots/images/emot-downsbravo.gif

SnaFuBAR
October 17th, 2008, 01:18 AM
so i had a look at some cod5 ingames in a commercial. hahahhahahahha omg the weapons are GARBAGE!

The_Wraith
October 17th, 2008, 01:20 AM
so i had a look at some cod5 ingames in a commercial. hahahhahahahha omg the weapons are GARBAGE!It's amazing Snaf hasn't been picked up by any developers yet, isn't it?

TeeKup
October 17th, 2008, 12:33 PM
It's amazing Snaf hasn't been picked up by any developers yet, isn't it?

Because he's telling the truth? They are garbage. The bipeds are the only things I think are WORSE.

I really don't think this Call of Duty news was worthy of its own thread (seeing as its mostly speculation), so I'll go ahead and post it here.

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/42348/Call-of-Duty-7-May-Return-To-World-War-II

GOD IN HEAVEN, NO!

Pooky
October 17th, 2008, 01:16 PM

Uh he is a developer

Rosco
October 17th, 2008, 04:18 PM
All Treyarch do is make the game to keep us going for next year. That's all they're doing. It makes us realise how much better the next game is. :)

SnaFuBAR
October 17th, 2008, 04:33 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA

ultama121
October 17th, 2008, 06:13 PM
Man Snaf... you might as well open up your own company eventually... Seriously...

What game are you currently working on anyway? (It's fine if you can't tell, just curious ;))

LesserOf2Evils
October 17th, 2008, 06:49 PM
I've been playing the demo all day and its definitely worse the Cod4. Dogs are way overpowered. Got 12 kills with 1 call. Weapons are horrible. I just use the semi-autos because everything else recoils like hell. Bolt actions aren't even 1 hit kill so their all useless.

Spawns are the killer though. The game dosen't even check to see if there's some one near by. You can just look at a spawn point and they will keep spawning there. Had times where 8 people would spawn all around me and in the middle of my team when the other side of the map was open.

I'm not going to buy it in other words.

Edit: Whats snaf up to? I've meddled with Direct-x and XNA myself.

SnaFuBAR
October 18th, 2008, 01:31 AM
Man Snaf... you might as well open up your own company eventually... Seriously...

What game are you currently working on anyway? (It's fine if you can't tell, just curious ;))
I would love to give every detail I can but... NDA...

The_Wraith
October 18th, 2008, 03:32 AM
Uh he is a developerI'm sorry, I meant a corporate and professional developer that gets paid an actual salary. Sorry I didn't clarify. :(

Of course if you don't want to actually explain as to what company he currently works for, I'll set aside the notion of what a smug bastard you are.

SnaFuBAR
October 18th, 2008, 03:59 AM
There's a reason I don't post Halo CE stuff anymore, Wraith. I simply don't have time to work on it anymore, because I have to focus on creating game content for a new game, not a mod. Stop trying to talk shit, you're just a fool.

The_Wraith
October 18th, 2008, 04:01 AM
There's a reason I don't post Halo CE stuff anymore, Wraith. I simply don't have time to work on it anymore, because I have to focus on creating game content for a new game, not a mod. Stop trying to talk shit, you're just a fool.Ah I see you work for a secret company. I got it.

SnaFuBAR
October 18th, 2008, 04:07 AM
Stop trying to talk shit, you're just a fool.
hth

Also, nobody in this community even likes you, why do you post?

The_Wraith
October 18th, 2008, 04:13 AM
hth

Also, nobody in this community even likes you, why do you post?Because I can, anyway are you going to answer my question?

SnaFuBAR
October 18th, 2008, 04:19 AM
Look at post 35. Do you know what an NDA is?

The_Wraith
October 18th, 2008, 04:20 AM
Yeah, that would pertain to what project you're working on, not where you work.

SnaFuBAR
October 18th, 2008, 04:23 AM
You are too dense, I don't know why I bother. You would know because you wrote the NDA, right? Wrong. Fucking moron.

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/1924/palindaughternj4.png

The_Wraith
October 18th, 2008, 04:25 AM
Right, where you work is in the NDA. I'm sure. Sorry, FUCKING MORON. Had to add that to give my post more meaning and thought. Every joke on the internet claims, but oh, it's sekrit.

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff154/wfl_graphics/Funny/middle_finger_flame.jpg

Fuck this is awesome.

SnaFuBAR
October 18th, 2008, 04:27 AM
I would C&P the NDA, but uh... that would be a breach of the NDA.

Go die in a blazing inferno backdraft from hell, ok?

The_Wraith
October 18th, 2008, 04:29 AM
I would C&P the NDA, but uh... that would be a breach of the NDA.

Go die in a blazing inferno backdraft from hell, ok? No. :lol:

GREAT POST. A great post requires a greater post.

SnaFuBAR
October 18th, 2008, 04:29 AM
GREAT POST.

Rosco
October 18th, 2008, 04:34 AM
Weapons are horrible. I just use the semi-autos because everything else recoils like hell. Bolt actions aren't even 1 hit kill so their all useless.

Bolts are useless until you get a scope, bayonet or grenade launcher. I guess you didn't use them enough to get the scope, it increases the accuracy giving you a better chance at one shots.

Ever take the scope off of the r700 in CoD4? That's what happens. See if you take a shot with a simple bolt rifle, no attachments, you're aiming at an ememy quite far off. You have no idea where you actually hit this guy because although the iron site is accurate, it does not let you see your enemy with ease.

Timo
October 18th, 2008, 04:41 AM
So it's getting pretty intense itt. You're both arguing into brick walls. Ever see two brick walls arguing? It doesn't end pretty.

SnaFuBAR
October 18th, 2008, 05:26 AM
I honestly think their 3p weapons look like something from ps1.

Pyong Kawaguchi
October 18th, 2008, 10:48 AM
The game looks like something from ps1
and sounds are horrid.

Hotrod
October 18th, 2008, 11:26 AM

Fuuuuuuuuuuuck. Why don't they do something original for once?

And it seems that I'm not missing out on much here by never having played COD5.

mech
October 18th, 2008, 11:34 AM
Games don't need to be original when you know people will buy it.

ODX
October 18th, 2008, 11:35 AM
Honestly, no. I think CoD5 will be fine enough for WWII, seeing as it does use the CoD4 engine. Really, unless they make you fight as the fucking Nazi's, then I don't want a WWII game with more lies about how great America was.

LesserOf2Evils
October 18th, 2008, 11:52 AM
Cod4 >>>>> Cod5 beta so far. Graphics are very similar but the spawns and weapons suck.

ultama121
October 18th, 2008, 04:12 PM
I would love to give every detail I can but... NDA...
Its all good. :) I'll just know to expect some awesome stuff. ;)

StankBacon
October 18th, 2008, 04:51 PM
can anyone post some screens or something of these weapons you all speak of?

i want to bask in the shittyness.

also, lol Wraith got raped.

343guiltymc
October 18th, 2008, 05:46 PM
http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/22141
They look okay to me, better than COD4's crap.

LinkandKvel
October 18th, 2008, 09:12 PM
They look okay to me, better than COD4's crap.wtf.no....Spawns are shitty as hell and SMGs are WAY overpowered. Oh yea three shots from my rifle doesn't kill the guy but three from this SMG will. getthefuckouttahere with that bullshit. Only reason I would buy it is because co-op. Not sure why it wasn't in CoD4. Co-op should be one of the first things in discussion now-a-days.

rossmum
October 18th, 2008, 10:30 PM
Honestly, no. I think CoD5 will be fine enough for WWII, seeing as it does use the CoD4 engine. Really, unless they make you fight as the fucking Nazi's, then I don't want a WWII game with more lies about how great America was.
*Germans.

Unless you're actually referring to the Nazi Party, which I strongly doubt you would ever see any combat action in.

And it's about fucking time someone did, actually. I'd love to be able to play as some lowly Heer rifleman and go all through the war on both fronts, but noooooo.

SnaFuBAR
October 18th, 2008, 10:46 PM
unless he means the SS which were full on nazis.

rossmum
October 18th, 2008, 10:59 PM
Depends, technically it was the military wing of the Party but even there they had a few decent people who got in due to social status and etc.

But yeah, it should be Heer anyway, too much focus on the SS in games. You'd almost think they made up the bulk of the German armed forces.

n00b1n8R
October 19th, 2008, 06:01 AM
I want to pew pew dirty asians in the Pacific. Does this game cater to my needs? (I've never played a COD and heard something about a pacific campaign)

rossmum
October 19th, 2008, 07:12 AM
Yeah, it does

but it's going to suck just to let you know

n00b1n8R
October 19th, 2008, 07:14 AM
ktnhx <33

rossmum
October 19th, 2008, 07:15 AM
The fact they took CoD4 and tried to make it WW2 is its undoing

oh, that and the fact Treyarch are behind it

I can hardly wait for the next surge of retards who think that it's an accurate portrayal of anything let alone WWII, ugh

Rosco
October 19th, 2008, 12:31 PM
The fact they took CoD4 and tried to make it WW2 is its undoing

oh, that and the fact Treyarch are behind it

I can hardly wait for the next surge of retards who think that it's an accurate portrayal of anything let alone WWII, ugh

I don't think it was a Treyarch decision to do WW2. Their job is to create a call of duty to keep us satisfied until Infinity Ward do the proper job. If Call of Duty is owned by Activision, then Infinity Ward do what they wish with the series, I'm guessing that it was brought back to WW2 because Treyarch are not allowed to continue the story Infinity Ward have going.

SnaFuBAR
October 19th, 2008, 12:40 PM
what they shouldn't be allowed to do is suck so bad.

ultama121
October 19th, 2008, 03:43 PM
^That sums it up pretty well...

Rosco
October 20th, 2008, 04:14 PM
It rakes in money because it's titled CoD. A large number of people who don't like this wont make a difference, ;p

343guiltymc
October 20th, 2008, 05:57 PM
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3170775
Thank god...

ultama121
October 20th, 2008, 06:11 PM
PRAISE DA LORD.

SnaFuBAR
October 20th, 2008, 06:22 PM
Too bad they're doing it wrong.

Hotrod
October 20th, 2008, 09:11 PM
Thank goodness that this is the end, I wouldn't have been impressed if they insisted on doing more WW2 stuff.