PDA

View Full Version : Fallout 3

dg
October 8th, 2008, 11:27 PM
...is awesome beyond belief. Seriously. I hate console games and I love Fallout 3. Get it, play it, love it.

And yes, gore is good. Get used to blowing off limbs because it looks neat.

Amit
October 8th, 2008, 11:39 PM
It's out for PC? Damn I'm going go get some...lol.

dg
October 9th, 2008, 09:23 AM
Nah, it's for 360 right now. That's why I can't believe I love it so much.

If dark humor is your thing, you will not be disappointed!

DEElekgolo
October 9th, 2008, 10:01 AM
I wasn't interested in the game. It seemed to much like an oblivion mod.

343guiltymc
October 9th, 2008, 03:43 PM
Wow...

Arteen
October 9th, 2008, 07:06 PM
Nah, it's for 360 right now.

October 9, 2008 (Rockville, MD) – Bethesda Softworks®, a ZeniMax Media company, announced today that its highly anticipated title, Fallout® 3, has gone gold and will be available on store shelves and online in North America on October 28, in Europe and Australia on October 30, and in the UK on October 31.
Hmm.

dg
October 9th, 2008, 08:23 PM
Hmm.

Tell that my Sony DL-DVD. And my brother-in-law's 360.

Hmm. :-D

Hotrod
October 9th, 2008, 09:14 PM
That's strange...how would you have it?

leorimolo
October 9th, 2008, 09:16 PM
Yeah, It should "arrive" by tommrow morning... Looking forward to it, looks like an amazing game

randreach454
October 9th, 2008, 09:45 PM
hes got the reviewers copy which was leaked, and may contain bugs, a lot like the saints row 2 copy leaked a couple days ago...
Though since no real retail versions have came out, no one can actually verify if there truely is any difference, though with the saints row 2 reviewers copy, live was disabled..

TeeKup
October 10th, 2008, 01:59 PM
..the hell is wrong with you?

Pooky
October 10th, 2008, 02:56 PM

Same company?

But yeah, no.

343guiltymc
October 10th, 2008, 03:24 PM
http://www.fpsbanana.com/news/19263
My X1300 class card is on the supported list. phew I barely made it.

Amit
October 10th, 2008, 09:29 PM
http://www.fpsbanana.com/news/19263
My X1300 class card is on the supported list. phew I barely made it.

Don't even count on it, dude.

Hotrod
October 10th, 2008, 10:44 PM
Have fun trying to run that in a semi-playable form with that card.

343guiltymc
October 11th, 2008, 07:01 AM
Have fun trying to run that in a semi-playable form with that card.
Don't worry I'm used to that. :(

PlasbianX
October 28th, 2008, 07:18 PM
So who else got this besides me? Im having a ton of fun although the whole running outta ammo after like 2 enemies sucks :<

Pyong Kawaguchi
October 28th, 2008, 08:17 PM
I don't have it, im poor and stupid >.>
Throw rocks at me.

Pope
October 31st, 2008, 02:25 AM
Holyyyyy shiiiiittttt. I'm shitting bricks. The scope of the game is amazing. VATS can be a little pissy for the shooter player but if you understand what it's getting at, it's fine. By far I've had like two major "OH SHIT" moments that just made me get out of my seat.

So far amazing.

dg
November 1st, 2008, 09:42 AM
VATS has some pretty sweet slow motion action.

I do not like having to keep upping my repair skill all the time though...

kenney001
November 1st, 2008, 10:20 AM
very unimpressed with their animations....they suck. Thats one major thing that really bothers me about it...

I just got out of the vault, and so far its been pretty boring....maybe I have to keep going a little bit.

Roostervier
November 1st, 2008, 10:44 AM
I just bought this at gamestop, installing as we speak. :3

FireDragon04
November 1st, 2008, 04:38 PM
First half of the game is 'meh'
Second half is 'wow'.
Environments and missions change up and get more exciting, along with the story becoming really engrossing towards the last quarter of the game. Awesome stuff, 10000 times better then oblivion to me because, 1: its a science-fiction game, 2: its not medievil/mythical, 3: its difficulity.

NullZero
November 1st, 2008, 06:29 PM
Can't wait to play it, hopefully I'll be able to play it on decent settings with the following setup? :

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400
Geil Black Dragon PC2-6400 800Mhz 2GB Kit (2x1GB)
HIS HD 4850 512MB GDDR3

JunkfoodMan
November 1st, 2008, 07:04 PM
Yes, you can. Look at my specs. Im running the game at 1680x1050, ultra high settings, No AA. FPS ranging from 45 to 60.

NullZero
November 2nd, 2008, 05:40 AM
Thanks Junk :D

TeeKup
June 10th, 2010, 02:41 AM
Don't mind me I'm just bumping and old thread.

Ive been playing some Fallout 3 recently to help me get invigorated for Vegas, and I gotta say I HATE being lvl 30. Seriously this is some retarded shit.

I've got 2 albino radscorpions, a Giant Radscorpion, 2 regular radscorpions, a deathclaw, 2 sentry bots all around me. As I'm sneaking by them I could see my character shaking in his Chinese Stealth Armor boots. To top the situation a enclave vertibird just landed and out comes a Hellfire Trooper and a 2 regular troopers in Hellfire armor.

....Yeah this is going to be fun.

Sorry for the bump but I felt it needed to be posted. :phonegonk:

rossmum
June 10th, 2010, 04:32 AM
cry me a fucking river you baby, fawkes and dogmeat kill everything for me to the point where i have to tell them to fuck off if i want to get any kills myself :maddowns:

TeeKup
June 10th, 2010, 05:08 AM
Having partners makes combat boring.

...Oh I died by the way.

rossmum
June 10th, 2010, 07:37 AM
To be dead honest, combat in Fallout 3 is boring no matter what. You can either run and gun with practically no useful cover, or you can play accountants by using VATS. Bethesda cocked up royally in assuming that retaining VATS as optional would offset the change in gameplay, because unless you use it (or have the action points to do so) there's no real sense of urgency beyond "AAAAAAAAA SHOOT FASTER AND MORE ACCURATELY YOU HORRIBLE SHITTY PIECE OF SHIT GUN".

Shit, I could go on for literal hours describing the ways in which Bethesda stuck their dicks in what could've been an excellent game, but even if this is the place to do so, I don't have the time. At the end of the day I enjoy it still, even if nearly all of said enjoyment comes from exploring the wasteland in search of homeless teddy bears (I'm not kidding, this is literally what I spend most of my time in the game doing).

basically fuck bethesda they're horrible developers and should have learned by now that they can't just make the same game over and over again and expect it to be good. oh, wait, this is pc gaming we're talking about, those are the only kinds of games that seem economically viable.

fuck modern gaming

sevlag
June 10th, 2010, 09:23 AM
it gets boring when you hit the level cap so i found fun things to do, like becoming a god of destruction :D

stealth boys, ghoul mask (for effect) samurai gear, jing-wei's shock sword, samurai sword, and the experimental MIRV

rivet city needs to learn to lock their door at night