PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Hero PC with Rock Band Guitar

jcap
October 10th, 2008, 10:18 AM
I know on the Xbox these instruments are incompatible with one another, but there's no reason it should be that way on the PC as well. On Windows Vista, the Rock Band guitar is automatically detected and the driver is installed for it, but when playing rock band, none of the frets act properly. Unfortunately, there's no setting in Guitar Hero, even on the PC, to customize controls for anything other than your keyboard layout.

I know there are apps out there such as ControlMK (http://www.redcl0ud.com/controlmk/index.html) (which I am about to try, will leave feedback) which emulate the keyboard buttons from a controller (or other input device), but I'd love to know if there is some "fix" or anything for this, or even another app or driver that can correct this problem.

jcap
October 10th, 2008, 11:57 AM
ControlMK doesn't work well. You can't map all of the buttons to keys on your keyboard. Instead, I used Xpadder (http://xpadder.com/index.php), and it works great. Still, if anyone has other suggestions, or a full Xpadder profile, I'd love for you to share them.

Saggy
October 10th, 2008, 01:33 PM
Have you seen this video yet? If you have, well I tried.

width = 470 height = 263

flibitijibibo
October 10th, 2008, 02:45 PM
Yeah, I use XPadder to bind the keys to their rightful spots. Just make sure that when navigating menus, use the keyboard ONLY, or else it will use the incompatible controller map. Only use the controller on the songs themselves.

jcap
October 10th, 2008, 06:00 PM
I didn't see that video before, but thanks for it.

Xpadder is doing the job great. The only thing I can't figure out how to do is the whammy bar and X-axis for the mouse.

Pyong Kawaguchi
October 10th, 2008, 08:59 PM
The whammy bar doesnt seem to work for me either to well, use JOY2KEY and It might work better.
The game is alot easier when using the short buttons :D

Kalub
October 12th, 2008, 08:31 PM
Trade someone for their GH controller, its better anyways....

jcap
October 13th, 2008, 10:26 PM
Why would someone want to trade the gay Rock Band guitar for the great Guitar Hero one?

BobtheGreatII
October 14th, 2008, 12:32 AM
Why would someone want to trade the gay Rock Band guitar for the great Guitar Hero one?

Oh god, please be sarcasm. :phonegonk: