PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a Guy Fawkes mask?

Syuusuke
October 13th, 2008, 09:17 PM
Anyone have a Guy Fawkes mask that they're not gonna use (especially for halloween)? I figured, why buy one if I could borrow one for awhile and maybe give it back?

Yea?

PlasbianX
October 13th, 2008, 09:47 PM
I got one but im in ohio. Come down here and take it D:

k4is3rxkh40s
October 13th, 2008, 10:44 PM
I got one, too. 'Cept I'm in Washington

Corndogman
October 14th, 2008, 04:47 PM
hmmm, I was wondering, where exactly could you buy one of these?

Syuusuke
October 14th, 2008, 05:04 PM
Probably in your local costume shop, but the ones around here are quite flimsy... Need something a bit more durable.

Or online.

I got one but im in ohio. Come down here and take it D:

I don't remember Ohio being in the South...
In fact, you're directly West of me.
D:

I got one, too. 'Cept I'm in Washington
You're...too far.

Unless you wanna ship it to me =D I'll pay for s+h.
no not strippers and hoes.

k4is3rxkh40s
October 14th, 2008, 05:27 PM
hmmm, I was wondering, where exactly could you buy one of these?

Hot Topic, Spencer's, any costume store, really. They're all a cheap plastic and cost generally about $10, unless you buy the whole set in which case they come with that weird mask material like the ones for the generic Scream guy costumes, which stay in the shape they've been sitting in their bag for who knows how long and are even harder to breathe out of.

no not strippers and hoes.

Spoil my fun :(
I'd say I'd do it, but now my friends are trying to organize a 7 man Guy Fawkes Halloween group. :/

Con
October 14th, 2008, 06:11 PM
so why is anon obsessed with these masks

Syuusuke
October 14th, 2008, 06:23 PM
Even dumb questions get good answers on Yahoo! Answers. (not saying this was a dumb question)

What's the connection between Guy Fawkes mask and scientology
In the movie "V for Vendetta", the mask was worn by those who were rebelling against a corrupt and abusive totalitarian government.

The mask is worn by member of the group "Anonymous" while peacefully protesting the "Church" of Scientology because (1) it's necessary to protect one's identity from the "Church" of Scientology since virtually all known critics are harassed and threatened, and (2) to convey the same message as was found in "V for Vendetta", one of united opposition against a harmful and corrupt organization.

I thought it was more for anonymity hence Anonymous...whatever.

Con
October 14th, 2008, 06:33 PM
ah, makes sense

Bodzilla
October 15th, 2008, 01:29 AM
i thought it was because it was connected to epic fail guy, because V for vendetta was epic fail.

n00b1n8R
October 15th, 2008, 02:35 AM
EFG wears a GF mask because he's an anon :downs: