PDA

View Full Version : Uber Texturing Program

Matooba
October 18th, 2008, 08:00 PM
I found this and thought id share. This is really great. Grab a trial.

http://www.texturemaker.com/images/tour/interface.jpg

Texture Maker is a seamless texture generator and designer. The application contains everything needed to create seamless textures for use in 3D rendering packages, game development, web graphics, image and video editing.

It can create procedural and hand painted textures from scratch, remove visible seams from existing images, crop textures from photos by applying a perspective correction, render seamless tiles from structure sample patches and combine existing textures and height maps with realistic illumination.

Also animated textures are no problem with Texture Maker. The program is even capable of generating seamless animation loops.

Texture Maker can be extended with plugins and automates complex operations with its scripting abilities. Nearly all functions take advantage of multiple CPUs in the system.

Feature Summary:

All functions are optimized for seamless textures
More than 130 different generators, filters and deformation tools
Nearly 700 presets for quick results
Standard tools for color correction, rescaling, adding borders etc.
Can render animated textures with seamless loops
Automatic mip-mapping for zoomed-out textures
Multi-Texture Mixer
Shader for realistic illumination
Textractor tool to extract textures from photos with perspective correction
ISampler tool to create large, homogeneous, seamless textures from sample patches
Kaleidoscope tool to render symmetrical tiles
Genetic Texture Generator for quick abstract tiles
Convert grayscale textures to RGB normal maps
Landscape renderer which produces environment maps
Particle System for animated textures like weapon effects and fluids
Realtime texture preview on standard primitives and pre-rendered models
Fully scriptable and batch rendering
Programmable hotkeys for optimal workflow
Extensive help system
Plug-Ins
Support for multiprocessor systems (SMP) and hyperthreading

http://www.texturemaker.com/images/tour/particles.jpg
The integrated Particle System Animator is only one of the possibilites to create seamless animation loops. You can use it to create animated textures and effects such as liquids, fire, snow and muzzlefire. The module can also export the results as color and alpha channels for 3D rendering applications.

http://www.texturemaker.com/images/tour/previews.jpg
All textures can instantly be previewed in 3D on standard primitives and pre-rendered models.

Screenshots:
http://www.texturemaker.com/images/screenshots/Main01.png

http://www.texturemaker.com/images/tour/fdengine.jpg
The integrated Landscape Renderer can visualize your height maps and textures, so you can see how they look when used in the "real world". The engine can also render spherical panoramas and cubic environment maps, ideal backgrounds for your game maps and 3D scenes.

http://www.texturemaker.com/images/screenshots/Textractor.png

http://www.texturemaker.com/images/screenshots/FirstDayEngine.jpg

http://www.texturemaker.com/images/screenshots/NormalMap.jpg

Download: Click Here (http://www.texturemaker.com/getfile.php?file=TextureMaker31Setup.exe)

Your Welcome :P

Sel
October 18th, 2008, 08:05 PM
Looks pretty cool.

Might check out later.

Advancebo
October 18th, 2008, 08:31 PM
this is the program i have been looking for, i saw it on another website, but the download link was down. thanks :D

Zeph
October 18th, 2008, 09:15 PM
It's improved soo much over time. I remember when it sucked.

Phopojijo
October 18th, 2008, 10:01 PM
It's not free.

Figured I'd let you all know that :p

Advancebo
October 18th, 2008, 10:15 PM
Eddddddit can remain legal -- Phopojijo

Matooba
October 18th, 2008, 10:23 PM
That would be why i put "Grab a Trial" on the first line. o.O
BTW, A single computer license is only 29.99.

Higuy
October 19th, 2008, 01:40 PM
Hawt.
+reps

DEElekgolo
October 19th, 2008, 01:59 PM
I remember telling dano about this a while back.

DarkHalo003
October 19th, 2008, 02:06 PM
If this were free, then it would be phenomenal. I have way too many trial items on my computer though.lol. Damn 3ds Max being so expensive....how much is 3ds 6?

Ifafudafi
October 19th, 2008, 02:14 PM
How many times can you put seamless into a product description?

Looks quite interesting; The cubemap creator is particularly sexy. As it encompasses more than just Halo, the topic itself might belong in TT, but w/e.

Downloading trial at the moment.

Corndogman
October 19th, 2008, 07:51 PM
Ah, I had a trail of this quite a long time ago, but I never really used it to its full potential.

Looks like its improved a lot though, maybe I'll check it out.

Masterz1337
October 19th, 2008, 08:21 PM
Particle creator? COOOOOOOOOOONSSSSSSSSCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRR RSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Heathen
October 19th, 2008, 08:46 PM
ha^

DaneO'Roo
October 19th, 2008, 09:29 PM
I remember telling dano about this a while back.

Yeah and the program is a complete load of dogshit when it comes to making REAL textures. The way it generates those patterns, there is a stock vector pattern inset into each particular effect. There's not much variation.

This program isn't for making high quality textures. The only avenue I could see it being used for is making small things like cubemaps and terrain displacement maps and shit like that. Shit that doesn't require alot of hand detailing.
Don't even mention the tiling stuff to me either. It's still just clone tooling the areas via algorithm using stuff you have, which means repetition in the texture. The way it also blends textures, can also cause total logical inaccuracies, like making water streaks seemingly defy gravity by pointing in different directions, as an example.

Sure, you can import some photos and gel them all together and get some nice looking texture, but at the end of the day, you've learnt little more than how to click some buttons in a program, and the texture is still just a photo. It's not properly optimized and it's going to be full of inaccuracies.

No program texture can ever be as good as a hand made one. When calculating normals and specular leveling from base images, there's always going to be flaws. Programs like Crazy Bump and Texture Maker aren't the be all and end all. I'm very against these quick fast food style texture programs I keep seeing. They lower the motivational standard for creating quality content. All people care about is how fast their fucking work flow is.

Go ahead and get it if you like, but it's definitely not worth paying money for in my opinion.

By the way, Crazy Bump is a good program if used in conjunction with editing in photoshop. Don't get me wrong, just don't expect to import a photo off the bat and make a marvelous texture out of it.

Matooba
October 19th, 2008, 09:44 PM
It also comes with a photoshop plugin.

Photoshop Exchange Plugin (TextureMaker31ExchangePlugin) at the download section, if you want to use TM as a Photoshop plugin. The new plugin supports alpha channels.

Disaster
October 19th, 2008, 09:45 PM
Yeah and the program is a complete load of dogshit when it comes to making REAL textures. The way it generates those patterns, there is a stock vector pattern inset into each particular effect. There's not much variation.

This program isn't for making high quality textures. The only avenue I could see it being used for is making small things like cubemaps and terrain displacement maps and shit like that. Shit that doesn't require alot of hand detailing.
Don't even mention the tiling stuff to me either. It's still just clone tooling the areas via algorithm using stuff you have, which means repetition in the texture. The way it also blends textures, can also cause total logical inaccuracies, like making water streaks seemingly defy gravity by pointing in different directions, as an example.

Sure, you can import some photos and gel them all together and get some nice looking texture, but at the end of the day, you've learnt little more than how to click some buttons in a program, and the texture is still just a photo. It's not properly optimized and it's going to be full of inaccuracies.

No program texture can ever be as good as a hand made one. When calculating normals and specular leveling from base images, there's always going to be flaws. Programs like Crazy Bump and Texture Maker aren't the be all and end all. I'm very against these quick fast food style texture programs I keep seeing. They lower the motivational standard for creating quality content. All people care about is how fast their fucking work flow is.

Go ahead and get it if you like, but it's definitely not worth paying money for in my opinion.

By the way, Crazy Bump is a good program if used in conjunction with editing in photoshop. Don't get me wrong, just don't expect to import a photo off the bat and make a marvelous texture out of it.
I hate crazy bump. I use the photoshop nvidia filter to make my normals from a hand painted heightmap. This program is neat and all but like dane said, hand painted is still supreme. I'd rather make the texture tile myself or make my own cubemaps then pressing buttons

Hunter
October 20th, 2008, 04:14 AM
CrazyBump is awesome. Apart from you have to pay for it now :( I cant get any old betas to install, it makes me pay XD

Pooky
October 21st, 2008, 10:03 AM

I knew you'd say that.

Really, this seems like it's a lot more for people who want to do something in 3D but have no help and can't skin, not for people with actual artistic abilities.

Hunter
October 21st, 2008, 11:17 AM
I don't like it :/