Rob Oplawar
October 25th, 2008, 06:36 PM
One crash on Halo 3 to alarm me:
http://www.spacebrick.net/pictures/blog_gallery/crash2.jpg
Another crash on Halo 3 to raise my suspicions:
http://www.spacebrick.net/pictures/blog_gallery/crash1.jpg
And a third crash on PGR3 to confirm:
http://www.spacebrick.net/pictures/blog_gallery/crash3.jpg

All these happened within 5 minutes of each other, and my 360 had only been on for about 15 minutes before that, and I had it upright with a cooling base on it. Now it r ded.

Thank god I gave in a few months ago...
Move over 360, I just became a PS3 guy.

Bodzilla
October 25th, 2008, 06:48 PM
Ahhhh microsoft.

and to think they knew all about these problems in during production, testing shipping and selling, but hey when your a software company, you can just patch it later right.

Right??

Roostervier
October 25th, 2008, 06:49 PM
Ew, PS3 sucks.

jngrow
October 25th, 2008, 06:52 PM
no more warranty? or is this like, the gillionth 360broked.

Bad Waffle
October 25th, 2008, 06:55 PM
were you using one of those third party coolers that attaches through the power thing?

Roostervier
October 25th, 2008, 07:00 PM
were you using one of those third party coolers that attaches through the power thing?
Yeah, I heard those can get fused to the xbox or something. :S

Sever
October 25th, 2008, 07:59 PM
They actually are worse for the console than nothing, since they sap power from the console, rather than having their own power supply.

Spy's sappin' mah Xbox... while playing the Orange Box!

flibitijibibo
October 25th, 2008, 09:36 PM
Yeah, the fan probably fucked everything up. Well, in any case, feel free to make and send me videos of LittleBIGPlanet... T_T

Masterz1337
October 25th, 2008, 09:43 PM
Does this mean our long nights alone together are finally ruined?

Bodzilla
October 25th, 2008, 09:50 PM
If anything masters it just got better.

no distractions.

Atty
October 25th, 2008, 10:31 PM
Wait, so because of one hardware failure you're going to ditch the 360?

Sorry Microsoft can't make a perfect product, I'm sure they'll be glad to know one more ignorant twat will be staying away from their products.

StankBacon
October 25th, 2008, 10:50 PM
ps3... lol.

Phopojijo
October 25th, 2008, 10:54 PM
They actually are worse for the console than nothing, since they sap power from the console, rather than having their own power supply.

Spy's sappin' mah Xbox... while playing the Orange Box!
That and they change the air pressure distribution causing nodes (areas of stale air) in places that shouldn't... Sure it may cool the box as a whole, but some things will HEAT up that shouldn't... and it just takes 1 part to blow to kill a box.

Intercoolers are a *bad* idea.

randreach454
October 25th, 2008, 11:34 PM
But it can be fixed by a person with the knowhow(me), which is good news if you get one of those crappy things..

Zeph
October 26th, 2008, 12:01 AM
And here I thought you lost your virginity.

Heathen
October 26th, 2008, 12:23 AM
Intercoolers are baaaad.

Rob Oplawar
October 26th, 2008, 12:40 AM
Naw. I've had this 360 since they first came out. It's a first-gen. I'm amazed it lasted this long-- all my friends and family who had first gen 360s lost theirs to RROD years ago. This isn't one of those intercoolers that clips on with the power cable or whatever it was you guys were talking about- it's got its own power cord, and it acts as a stand for the 360, and I am pretty confident that it is the reason my 360 survived so long.
As for the "nodes (areas of stale air) in places that shouldn't" bit- I'm skeptical about this.

No, I'm not ditching the brand altogether. Eventually I intend to see if it can be fixed or if I can get it replaced, and if not, I'll probably go ahead and upgrade to an elite. Because I am dependent on Halo 3.

But for now, I can live without it, and all my love will go to my PS3. I just beat COD4, and I'm halfway through GTA4, and I know both of those games are also on the 360, and you can bite me.
I'm gonna go ahead and add a massive hard drive to it and install linux on it. Let's see the 360 do that.

Heathen
October 26th, 2008, 12:45 AM
Oh

Atty
October 26th, 2008, 12:47 AM
And here I thought you lost your virginity.Impossible.

Rob Oplawar
October 26th, 2008, 12:50 AM
And here I thought you lost your virginity.
Why would I post that in the Tech forum?

Unless... well, now that you mention it, the only way I'm ever gonna get laid is if I build myself a lady robot.

legionaire45
October 26th, 2008, 01:34 AM
I believe the proper term is "ho-bot".

Sucks about your xbox. I wouldn't ditch the 360 becuase of a single failure - MS has already fessed up to it and is replacing units, so be happy. When both of the PS2s in my house failed around the same time within a few years of purchase I didn't get shit from Sony except "Pay us to fix it!"

Zeph
October 26th, 2008, 02:03 AM
Why would I post that in the Tech forum?

Unless... well, now that you mention it, the only way I'm ever gonna get laid is if I build myself a lady robot.

no clue what board it's in. I got here from the vBadvanced portal.

Rob Oplawar
October 27th, 2008, 12:47 AM
So apparently this thing may still be under warranty. I'm gonna call Microsoft and see if I can get it replaced. Fingers crossed.

Bodzilla
October 27th, 2008, 02:01 AM
Wait, so because of one hardware failure you're going to ditch the 360?

Sorry Microsoft can't make a perfect product, I'm sure they'll be glad to know one more ignorant twat will be staying away from their products.
http://venturebeat.com/2008/09/05/xbox-360-defects-an-inside-history-of-microsofts-video-game-console-woes/

educate yourself.

Zeph
October 27th, 2008, 03:34 AM
http://venturebeat.com/2008/09/05/xbox-360-defects-an-inside-history-of-microsofts-video-game-console-woes/

educate yourself.

I dont understand the point of that article. The guy bashes Microsoft, but vindicates them in the end.

Anyways, when is Valhalla due out?

Bodzilla
October 27th, 2008, 03:42 AM
it's not a bashing it's that it could of been so much better, so much more defined with a 10th of the known bugs they sold to consumers to reap the profits.
But bean executive salary's > your interest, investment and trust.

I havent heard a 100th of the problem from Nintendo or Play station. and it's because of extreme undercutting made on microsofts part to ninja our money and fuck off into the dark before we wised up that there was serious fucking problems.

E: i dunno about you guys but i dont like being treated like an expendable piece of shit, especially when they want me to buy there products.