PDA

View Full Version : Obama 30 minute TV Special 10/29

Jean-Luc
October 29th, 2008, 12:19 PM
Liberal or not, this sounds pretty special:

Barack Obama will be a one-man television blitz on Wednesday, saturating prime-time with a 30-minute ad and popping up on the buzzy late-night TV scene.

The ad is expected to be a video montage of typical people talking about the challenges they face, with Obama explaining how he can help. A campaign adviser said the taped ad will feature a live cut-in to Obama, who is scheduled to be at a rally in Florida at the time.

During a stop in Raleigh, N.C., he will be interviewed by Charlie Gibson of ABC's "World News."
Later, in Florida, Obama will tape an appearance on Comedy Central's irreverent "The Daily Show" with Jon Stewart. The segment will run at 11 p.m. EDT.

During the same 11 p.m. slot, Obama is scheduled to appear at a campaign rally for the first time with Clinton, whose wife, Hillary Rodham Clinton, lost to Obama in the primaries.

Anyone going to watch?

jngrow
October 29th, 2008, 05:37 PM
Date? O nvm. I wish I still had cable.

Mass
October 29th, 2008, 06:24 PM
I'll watch the daily show, dunno about the rest.

flibitijibibo
October 29th, 2008, 07:39 PM
Just watched it, and I have to say, he's got a damn good marketing team. If my family didn't make over $200K, I'd say it's a done deal. Unfortunately, since we do make about $200K, his policies don't really help us; it'll actually make things more difficult for us.

CN3089
October 29th, 2008, 07:42 PM
Just watched it, and I have to say, he's got a damn good marketing team. If my family didn't make over $200K, I'd say it's a done deal. Unfortunately, since we do make about $200K, his policies don't really help us; it'll actually make things more difficult for us.

only people above $250k will have their taxes raised :ssh:

Masterz1337
October 29th, 2008, 07:52 PM
Yeah it's 250k. But basicly your saying his policies are good, but you won't help the country as a whole, because your family doesn't want to contribute to the country, and the other 95% of the citizens who are worse off than you?

If I made more than 250k a year, I'd still vote for Obama, put your country first, the country has for your family.

Huero
October 29th, 2008, 08:01 PM
Uh, no.
He's just saying it will affect him negatively. :I

flibitijibibo
October 29th, 2008, 08:59 PM
Yeah, what huero said. I'm all up for helping us get out of the economic shithole we're in, but it may require like, cutting essential services to have the money for it. See, where I live, a plastic bag costs about as much as an apartment does anywhere else. Supposedly it's because our education is really good. If we lived anywhere else, I'd have no problem with the increase, but because of our location, we'll be cutting it close. We'll probably move as soon as I graduate or something.

LinkandKvel
October 29th, 2008, 09:58 PM
65I0HNvTDH4
^This

jngrow
October 29th, 2008, 10:16 PM
GAH OWNED.

thehoodedsmack
October 29th, 2008, 10:31 PM
He should do a cover.

Jean-Luc
October 29th, 2008, 10:43 PM