PDA

View Full Version : Ignore

metsfan0908
October 29th, 2008, 06:41 PM
Ok, now that i got your attention if any of you have any experience with Ubuntu 8.04 hardy edition i need your help to try and get my wireless router working for my dell Inspiron 1501 laptop right now i can only get connection through Ethernet which i cant really do all the time because the modem is in another room and i cant go in there 24/7

any ideas? i have the broadcom B43 driver installed it says for wireless but wireless still doesn't work

Please help me...:confused2:

Cortexian
October 29th, 2008, 07:56 PM
Naming your thread title to do with the topic is a plus. That way you get views from people that may actually be able to help.

Rob Oplawar
October 29th, 2008, 08:09 PM
I have the same Ubuntu version, and I have an inspiron 1420. My wireless ethernet manage works about 50% of the time, and the other 50% it seems the operating system can't even tell the wireless card exists. If anybody knows what the problem is, I'd be glad to hear it too.

itszutak
October 29th, 2008, 08:57 PM
Topic title was annoying.
Ok, now that i got your attention if any of you have any experience with Ubuntu 8.04 hardy edition i need your help to try and get my wireless router working for my dell Inspiron 1501 laptop right now i can only get connection through Ethernet which i cant really do all the time because the modem is in another room and i cant go in there 24/7

any ideas? i have the broadcom B43 driver installed it says for wireless but wireless still doesn't work

Please help me...:confused2:

I had the exact opposite problem- my wireless worked, but the ethernet would not.

I know you can change settings through one of the top corner buttons; have you tried fooling around with those?

metsfan0908
October 29th, 2008, 09:00 PM
I've used my Ethernet to do something i forgot what then i ended up wit 158 updates so i installed all of them and started fixing everything then i thought i had it and i unpluged my cable and i lost total connection D: