PDA

View Full Version : Problem with ATI Radeon HD 3650

CodeBrain
November 4th, 2008, 03:44 PM
Ok, if you can recall the computer buying thread, I bought that computer I posted in the first post. If you want to look it up, its called HP Pavilion Elite M9426F.

Anyway, the computer is great, got it at a steal too. The deal went down from 999.99 to 899.99. Im like "Oh god, awesome" so I bought it. Also bought a 24 inch monitor (1920x1200 resolution is GODLY.)

Games run faster now, however there are problems with certain games. Here is the problems I have.

Warcraft III and Garrys Mod: If Im playing Zombie Survival, anytime I get hit, my screen goes fully red (red meaning damage has been taken) for about 1.5 secs, then fades away back to the game. In Warcraft III, this happens too, in a different way. Everytime I navigate through the menus, the video card readjusts the lightning, causing it to be darker/lighter in certain areas. No idea why this happens.

Halo CE: It might be the resolution, however the title screen is streched. When moving to the game selection, mouse disappears and some images disappear. When ingame (I used cmt_snow_grove as a example) The hud is messed up (Images messed up, numbers not were there supposed to be/not there. Somewhere on the map, the sheild, health, ammo meter, and grenade section are in the middle of my point of view, which really is annoying. I can go through it too. If I reload, it makes certain pieces come, and some go away. Once the reload is done, it returns to the way it was before (messed up)

If anyone were to clear whats happening here, ill give +6 rep :D

Hotrod
November 4th, 2008, 04:02 PM
About Halo CE, the game is quite old, and wasn't designed with Widescreen resolutions in mind, so expect things to be a bit strange. Try it at different resolutions to see what that does.

For Warcraft 3, it's possible that it's the monitor doing that, because mine does the same thing at times, so, from what I know, it shouldn't be much of a problem.

Sorry about Garrys mod, I don't have any idea.

And, here's the same old questions :

Are your drivers up to date?

Have you tried running it in an older DirectX mode (if possible for the game)?

Abdurahman
November 4th, 2008, 04:02 PM
Normally I would suggest you to

Throw that card in a fire and get a (Nvidia Geforce 9600GT for 89.99 at newegg if you're on a budget), or get a Radeon HD 4850 if you want to spend a little bit more. Both these cards will obliterate the 3650 in ANYTHING!!!

But I won't, so maybe you should install the latest drivers, and/or mess around in catalyst?

PS: Oh yeah, you got ripped off on that PC. The 3650 is shit.
PSS: If you got the monitor in that deal, then never mind. But if you bought that separately? Yeah you got ripped off.

Sel
November 4th, 2008, 04:24 PM
Manually define a widescreen command arguement for halo ce and you can run it widescreen without it stretching.

-vidmode w,h,r

or

-width x

Syuusuke
November 4th, 2008, 04:50 PM
For the stretchiness, use Yelo battery... and there's an option to fit the display to your resolution without stretching it!

I think it could still stretch even with that command.

Sel
November 4th, 2008, 05:35 PM
Not if he matches the resolution to his aspect ratio.

legionaire45
November 5th, 2008, 12:54 AM
Seriously, why do people make fucking threads asking for computer advice if they ignore it anyway?

Install the latest drivers and the newest version of directX. If that doesn't work, then nuke the OS and install a new copy. They put so much shit on these store bought computers that sometimes I wonder how they even run explorer.exe without crashing.