PDA

View Full Version : Attn: WoW Whores

Cortexian
November 10th, 2008, 07:55 AM
Shitty cam pics.

No you can't have any.

I estimate 650-700 copies, larger boxes contain collectors editions.

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/5704/1110080452om7.jpg

http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/2929/1110080453bd8.jpg

http://img394.imageshack.us/img394/6486/1110080453afp7.jpg

http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/5183/1110080456asv1.jpg

http://img389.imageshack.us/img389/5764/1110080456bcp5.jpg

http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/9017/1110080457kg7.jpg

http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/8373/1110080503hm7.jpg

IMPORTANT! IMPORTANT! IMPORTANT!

StankBacon
November 10th, 2008, 08:15 AM
what store do you work at?

Cortexian
November 10th, 2008, 08:34 AM
what store do you work at?
. (http://futureshop.ca)

Sel
November 10th, 2008, 10:01 AM
People still play world of gaycraft? :raise:

Sever
November 10th, 2008, 10:46 AM
Thank god it's not on the 14th - I don't want to fight through a bunch of WoW nerds just to get my copy of Mirror's Edge.

Kornman00
November 10th, 2008, 11:23 AM
I'm so glad I never got sucked into the whole WoW fad

HDoan
November 10th, 2008, 12:42 PM
I tried it for an hour and then a quit, what makes it so popular.. All I see are a bunch of high levels camping on little people who just started and you kill boars.

flibitijibibo
November 10th, 2008, 01:09 PM
It's mostly the shit after the massive amounts of grind that makes it any fun. Most quests are just "lol kill x animals" at the start to get you to quickly level up so you can do less boring stuff.

Rook
November 10th, 2008, 01:13 PM
I already pre-ordered wotlk. :eekdance:

Amit
November 10th, 2008, 03:50 PM
I already pre-ordered wotlk. :eekdance:

I feel sorry for you. Now the Mines of Moria, now you're talking. I don't think I'll get that just yet seeing as my main character is only lvl 25 in Shadows of Angmar.

Cortexian
November 10th, 2008, 04:00 PM
People still play world of gaycraft? :raise:
Yea, 12 million monthly subscribers last I checked.

Thank god it's not on the 14th - I don't want to fight through a bunch of WoW nerds just to get my copy of Mirror's Edge.
You will be anyways, all the people that don't line up to get it on the 13th will be in on the 14th.

I'm so glad I never got sucked into the whole WoW fad
Same here.

I tried it for an hour and then a quit, what makes it so popular.. All I see are a bunch of high levels camping on little people who just started and you kill boars.
That's basically what I thought as well. It's just not interesting at all from the start, LotRO on the other hand...

I feel sorry for you. Now the Mines of Moria, now you're talking. I don't think I'll get that just yet seeing as my main character is only lvl 25 in Shadows of Angmar.
You need to level better Amit, I'm up to 3 fully raid geared level 50's now :v:... Except my dad told me that since I'm 18 now I need to get a credit card and pay for it on my own thing, so I can't play until I get a card and set it up again.

Hotrod
November 10th, 2008, 04:01 PM
World of Warcraft isn't bad, but it isn't amazing. Sure, I enjoyed playing it at my friend's house for an hour or so, but I wouldn't want a subscription.

CabooseJr
November 10th, 2008, 04:49 PM
I don't think it's bad at all, It's actually kinda fun, although I can only sit down and play it for 1 hour because that is how long I can actually play it until I got bored and want to play a different game.

Syuusuke
November 10th, 2008, 05:44 PM
Should've doused it in kerosene at LIGHT IT ON FIRE!

But that's too mean.

Are you even allowed to do this now? D:

Kalub
November 10th, 2008, 09:30 PM
I would so be excited if I didn't just cancel..... boring game is boring

rossmum
November 10th, 2008, 11:03 PM
Never touched it, never will. Your teasing has no effect on me, for all I care those boxes could be full of raw sewage. Warcraft never really appealed to me and a grind-tastic MMO full of people who literally have no lives outside of the game is not exactly my sort of thing.

legionaire45
November 11th, 2008, 01:00 AM
The people at Digipen said that I would fail instantly even if I just looked at WoW hard enough.

Some of my friends at school are obsessed with WoW and yet I have never had the urge to play it. MMO's just stopped being fun a long time ago for me. After that shitty Hero Online game and Runescape there just isn't anything fun to me.

Cortexian
November 11th, 2008, 02:39 AM
Never touched it, never will. Your teasing has no effect on me, for all I care those boxes could be full of raw sewage. Warcraft never really appealed to me and a grind-tastic MMO full of people who literally have no lives outside of the game is not exactly my sort of thing.
Good, you're just like me then. If you would be so kind as to read the thread title you'll notice that it's aimed at teasing the WoW whores, not people like you and me.

I'm so glad I worked the midnight gears released instead of the WoW one... I don't want to deal with the pasty basement dwellers that only come out to buy the expansions.

Bodzilla
November 11th, 2008, 02:48 AM
lol, warcraft has such a great story line, i just wished it wasnt so doused in Grind to force peopel to play for longer and get the subscription fee....

so many things in it are just blatant ways of making it harder and longer to get shit done it's a little disgusting.
if i got to play parts of the story without needing 10 other highly skilled players it would be a much better game to me, but thats kinda the point with an MMO. but all it does is just frustrate the fuck outta me.

Cortexian
November 11th, 2008, 03:05 AM
lol, warcraft has such a great story line... :words:
Meh LotRO has a better story line because, well it's Lord of the Rings...

PvE Lovers = LotRO
PvP Lovers = WoW / Possibly WAR

Bodzilla
November 11th, 2008, 03:42 AM
It's not about being better, It has a great story line full stop.

I read a series from it a while ago and it kicked some serious ass.

DaneO'Roo
November 11th, 2008, 03:58 AM
If your gunna play one of them, Warhammer Online is where it's at. It's at least got some hair on it's balls. I still wouldn't play it though.

justin108
November 11th, 2008, 04:05 AM
Well I do not play any, but I have been convinced of Crysis without even playing it, I plan on checking it out tomorrow finally. Thank you to all that have recco it to me. The controller loving fuck that i am.

Hotrod
November 11th, 2008, 06:33 AM
In all honesty, I don't see the point of MMOs. Are you're really doing is paying a shitload of money to play a game, in plus of buying it. I guess it's really your choice, but that's just my point of view.

rossmum
November 11th, 2008, 06:42 AM
I'd absolutely love some more MMOs that weren't the same grind bullshit. MMORTS, Eve done right (pure space combat), yes please - but it'd be equally nice if it was a one-off payment. Subscription fees are a fucking bitch, honestly. Find another way to milk money from the franchise.

Limited
November 11th, 2008, 08:44 AM
^
What he said

Syuusuke
November 11th, 2008, 09:23 AM
Well you see, not everyone that plays WoW have no lives...I was surprised my friend, who is totally outgoing, plays it.

Except he's some lvl 31 dump.

Kalub
November 11th, 2008, 10:06 AM
Selling 70 MBE Lock, 70 MUD Rogue, pst.....

Zeph
November 11th, 2008, 10:11 AM
I'd absolutely love some more MMOs that weren't the same grind bullshit. MMORTS, Eve done right (pure space combat), yes please - but it'd be equally nice if it was a one-off payment. Subscription fees are a fucking bitch, honestly. Find another way to milk money from the franchise.

:\

Subscription fees aren't that bad. It'd cost me a lot more to pay for a server on a first person shooter if I were to stop playing EVE and switch over.

rossmum
November 11th, 2008, 10:29 AM
Some of us are too poor to pay for servers or subscriptions, though.

Cortexian
November 11th, 2008, 10:43 AM
Some of us are too poor to pay for servers or subscriptions, though.
Private servers.

^ Not discussion about piracy because they don't actually "crack" the client version of the game. It's all server side, so the only people really doing anything wrong are the ones hosting the private servers.

Anyways, it's always a discussion about one MMORPG being better than others. I personally love LotRO because it just does what no other MMORPG could do, let you play in Middle-Earth. Almost all fantasy style MMORPG's borrow from LotR lore, Warhammer especially.

Zeph
November 11th, 2008, 10:59 AM
Private servers.

^ Not discussion about piracy because they don't actually "crack" the client version of the game. It's all server side, so the only people really doing anything wrong are the ones hosting the private servers.

Anyways, it's always a discussion about one MMORPG being better than others. I personally love LotRO because it just does what no other MMORPG could do, let you play in Middle-Earth. Almost all fantasy style MMORPG's borrow from LotR lore, Warhammer especially.

Yeah, except that the WOW developer has inserted it into their EULA that you can only use the software to play on their servers. If they were to catch you on a private server, then your account(s) could be null and void.

armoman92
November 11th, 2008, 11:37 AM
I wouldn't want a subscription.

aren't they like $10 a month, thats expensive. WoW is too time consuming. I like quick action shooters, basically Halo (and GoW2).

Cortexian
November 11th, 2008, 01:56 PM
aren't they like $10 a month, thats expensive. WoW is too time consuming. I like quick action shooters, basically Halo (and GoW2).
$15 iirc.

$15/month x 12 million subscribers = $180,000,000/month for Blizzard.

Hotrod
November 11th, 2008, 03:54 PM
That times 12, well, you can do the math.

An MMORTS would be quite an interesting concept, I'd definitely try it out.

Cortexian
November 11th, 2008, 04:15 PM
Yeah, except that the WOW developer has inserted it into their EULA that you can only use the software to play on their servers. If they were to catch you on a private server, then your account(s) could be null and void.
Yes, they`ll ban that account that you made on the private server. Only idiots sign up on private servers with the same credentials as there real server. Plus they don`t care about private servers to be honest, that $180,000,000 they make a month isn`t being affected enough to take action.

jngrow
November 11th, 2008, 08:52 PM
If a straight up action-MMORPG came out, I might pay subscription for that. My dream game would be Fable 2-esque combat (lots of tweaks of course) in an MMORPG.

Cortexian
November 11th, 2008, 10:07 PM
Mass Effect style Sci-Fi MMORPG would rock. Third person shooter MMORPG ftw.

jngrow
November 11th, 2008, 10:16 PM
^That's another good RPG with great action.

Bodzilla
November 12th, 2008, 05:46 AM
only a few hours to go.

May god have mercy on our souls

TPE
November 12th, 2008, 03:10 PM
ZOMG WOTLK

Honestly I can't wait for it. I was in the beta for a while and WotLK makes TBC look like TOTAL shit. So much lore it makes you feel like your playing WC3.

Hotrod
November 12th, 2008, 04:19 PM
I can only imagine my two friends that play WoW when we get to school tomorrow... It's not going to be a fun day for me, at all...

Cortexian
November 12th, 2008, 05:23 PM
I can only imagine my two friends that play WoW when we get to school tomorrow... It's not going to be a fun day for me, at all...
They won't be there, why will it not be fun... :p

Hotrod
November 12th, 2008, 08:00 PM
Oh, they're not the kind of people to skip school over a video game, they will be there.

Cortexian
November 12th, 2008, 08:32 PM
Oh, they're not the kind of people to skip school over a video game, they will be there.
Oh pfff, they're not nerdcore enough for mention on this forum then.

flibitijibibo
November 12th, 2008, 08:46 PM
If my only char wasn't level 21, I'd probably be getting this expansion. I don't even have Burning Crusade for that reason. >.>

Have fun being all high level in the snow. I'll just be watching over in Auberdine... (Night Elf Rogue, to further explain how shitty I am at WoW)

Bodzilla
November 13th, 2008, 12:34 AM
NIGHT ELF???

LOL ALLIANCE FAG.

FOR THE MUTHA FUCKING HORDE

Hotrod
November 13th, 2008, 06:45 AM
Right, well today's the sad day...

Rook
November 13th, 2008, 08:32 AM
NIGHT ELF???

LOL ALLIANCE FAG.

FOR THE MUTHA FUCKING HORDE
Hah
<~ Draenei Paladin.

Well I got the expansion the first thing I dont was made a Death Knight, since I'm level 62 and not 70.

TPE
November 13th, 2008, 10:10 PM
Oh, they're not the kind of people to skip school over a video game, they will be there.raidzb4gradez

Cortexian
November 13th, 2008, 11:11 PM
raidzb4gradez
QFT.

I never need to study for exams anyways, if I do I get facts mixed up and then get lower test scores. Don't ask me why my brain is constantly mind-fucking that up.

Kalub
November 13th, 2008, 11:32 PM
Free! I'll paypal you $45 right now if you go open one of those boxes and pm me the key

Bodzilla
November 14th, 2008, 01:09 AM
Hah
<~ Draenei Paladin.

Well I got the expansion the first thing I dont was made a Death Knight, since I'm level 62 and not 70.
you are not fit to be called a death night.

For the horde.

legionaire45
November 14th, 2008, 02:38 AM
Only 1 person was absent from school today yesterday to my knowledge (My senior class only has like 90 students).

A bunch of my friends stated that their parents were getting copies today. I bet that my school is going to be empty tomorrow today :3.

Kalub
November 14th, 2008, 02:44 AM
I bought mine now.... who knows how it will play out though.

Also, Bod, FTH! FTW!

Kiwibird
November 14th, 2008, 03:04 AM
The game is really only fun if you have real life friends to play it with. Or internet peoples you know well to play it with. I wouldn't play it at all if five of my close high school friends didn't play it. The most fun I have in the game is not doing raids, or battlegrounds, but rather attacking alliance(FOR THE HORDE) with my friends or just doing anything with them in-game, really.

Hotrod
November 14th, 2008, 06:46 AM
Something was wrong yesterday, my friends didn't even talk, or want to talk about the new expansion...Could it be that they are getting over WoW?

Bodzilla
November 14th, 2008, 07:51 AM
raidzb4gradez
This man knows his shit.

o/

Kalub
November 14th, 2008, 01:50 PM
Thread jack, post your characters!

http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/9605/aonencx7.jpg
http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/2807/druxdm4.jpg
http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/1985/gloomelm8.jpg

Rook
November 15th, 2008, 01:23 AM
Yeah and another reason they charge sub for games like WoW is without money from users even after they buy the game the servers have to be maintained. They deal with some serious hardware to have as many servers as they do with a cap around 10,000 people per server. Then they have to keep good coders in, very good to update and fix serious bugs in a network that big at a fast rate to keep the paying users satisfied.