PDA

View Full Version : BIG PROBLEM need help asap

nick3d
November 10th, 2008, 05:32 PM
Well, i switched on my computer 2day, and it come up with a blank screen and opens up documents. and only document so this is why i can access the internet, but no toolbar comes up and theres no start menu so i cannot access anything but my files and internet, my desktop iv got no icons wat so ever. iv tried everything i can think of and it just wont work, iv backed up all of my files but dont know how to do my programs. iv most probs got a virus, from a link which i was sent. and windows defender cant find this bug or anything. i either need to do a full system re stall or find another way of doing so. But i cant figure out how to do it, iv done it before but i dont know how to do it any more. My computer is a Acer 5520i with 2gig ram 120 hd dual core processor, and installed with windows vista home premium. please get back to me asap. need help please, and thanks for takin time to read this

Sel
November 10th, 2008, 05:33 PM
You have a blank screen that can open documents and get you on the internet?

Seriously what the fuck are you trying to say, learn to use grammar.

nick3d
November 10th, 2008, 05:34 PM
thats alls that comes up. i cant access anything really iv got no desktop or start menu or toolbar i need a way to fix it.

And plus "my documents" just pop up out of no where, iv got a blank background, and cant access my desktop. it is pissing me off, and do you think i give a shit about my grammar at this moment in time, im in a midlife crisis lol, and if you cant help me then just fuck off and dont comment.

either send me intructions to do a full system restore or whatever it is or if you understand whats happening then help me out please!

nick3d
November 10th, 2008, 05:49 PM
Needs bumping sorry for double post

Im sorry but i need help so needs be bumped as much as possible

Heathen
November 10th, 2008, 05:50 PM
Ouch. I hate reading you.

Try a system restore.

Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore....

Owait..no start bar.

Pwnt.

nick3d
November 10th, 2008, 05:52 PM
Ouch. I hate reading you.

Try a system restore.

Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore....

Owait..no start bar.

Pwnt.

What you mean by that? "I hate reading you"

And what does "Pwnt" mean iv been needing to know that for a while

and yes there is no start bar

And for fucks sake enough -rep about my fucking grammar, pissing me off, im after help about my computer not about english lessons. so what if there is a couple of spelling mistakes, im in a rush thats why its shit, and it aint that bad atleast you can read it,

teh lag
November 10th, 2008, 05:55 PM
If you cannot type coherently, don't expect people to take the time to figure out what you're saying. Be calm, freaking out is an easy way to fuck shit up more than it already is.

Have you tried starting Explorer manually?
(task manager>new task>explorer.exe)

From there, and do a virus scan and look into system restore as Heathen said.

and it aint that bad atleast you can read it

It is. I have to read everything twice to understand what you're saying. Just calm the fuck down, or you might end up doing something you'll regret. Trust me, I've done the same.

Heathen
November 10th, 2008, 05:57 PM
1. How old are you?

2. You could go to C:\WINDOWS\system32\Restore and click rstrui.exe.

Needles
November 10th, 2008, 05:59 PM
Press CTRL+ALT+DELETE. Click on "start task manager". Click on the "applications" tab. Click on "new task" and type in explorer.exe. Then click "ok".

1. How old are you?

His profile says he's 16.

nick3d
November 10th, 2008, 06:01 PM
16 whats any of this got to do with my age :S

And that wont work as well the "rstrui.exe" file doesnt work :S

nick3d
November 10th, 2008, 06:03 PM
And its done now thanks to that explorer.exe thing. Thank you every one who has helped

Heathen
November 10th, 2008, 06:06 PM
Well age because you type very badly and I figured if you were really 16 you'd know how to type by now.

How does it not work? What happens?

nick3d
November 10th, 2008, 06:08 PM
Just doesnt show up, its alright now, but as soon as i used that explorer.exe thing it popped up straight after my desktop and everything loaded.

E:
Iv had a computer since christmas just gone, and I was on msn non stop every day for about 3 months and was talking in text talk, thats why when im rushing my grammar is shit.

Heathen
November 10th, 2008, 06:14 PM
kay. Dont rush. You lose respect fast that way.

nick3d
November 10th, 2008, 06:16 PM
I had to rush needed to get it over and done with considering I was trying to do it for like 4 hours lol.