View Full Version : Guitar Hero 4

nick3d
November 10th, 2008, 06:26 PM
Who has it?

Is it any good?

Are the songs good on it?

Rentafence
November 10th, 2008, 06:29 PM
I would venture to guess it's the same damn thing as the last 3, so if you played the others you probably know the answer. =/

Heathen
November 10th, 2008, 06:41 PM
It IS good.

Fun as balls.

LinkandKvel
November 10th, 2008, 06:45 PM
I would venture to guess it's the same damn thing as the last 3, so if you played the others you probably know the answer. =/

Actually there were gameplay changes so your pretty much sounding like an ass.

Sel
November 10th, 2008, 06:48 PM

I'm drowning in hypocrisy here.

As for guitar hero, learn to play a guitar, takes just a teensy bit more effort, and is far more rewarding than matching colours in a video game.

Heathen
November 10th, 2008, 06:50 PM
n u

Saggy
November 10th, 2008, 06:59 PM
Meh, the games ok imo. Has some pretty good songs, but the music editor lacks and a lot of songs are already on Rock Band/Rock Band 2. There have been many reports of instruments not working straight out of the box, or just stop working. I am no way a Rock Band fanboy, and I was really looking forward to this game, hoping it would take what made Rock Band succesfull and add to it (with stuff like the music editor), but tbh it failed.

Rentafence
November 10th, 2008, 07:19 PM

It's still DDR with your fingers, ass. ;)

Heathen
November 10th, 2008, 07:23 PM

hardly.

LinkandKvel
November 10th, 2008, 08:01 PM

Slider on guitars, plus drums added. Thats not DDR, DDR is hard as shit.

As for guitar hero, learn to play a guitar, takes just a teensy bit more effort, and is far more rewarding than matching colours in a video game.Guitar Hero is fun I don't care what anyone says. Also I'm betting you can't beat expert......

Saggy
November 10th, 2008, 08:08 PM
Guitar Hero is fun I don't care what anyone says. Also I'm betting you can't beat expert......
No offense, but are you taking pride in the fact that you can play a plastic toy guitar? If you take that much pride, take a real challenge and learn to play a REAL guitar. Again, no offense.

LinkandKvel
November 10th, 2008, 08:13 PM
Thats like saying "You take pride for no scoping in halo with a joystick? Take a real challenge and no-scope in REAL life." It's a VIDEO game. It's all in good fun.

Saggy
November 10th, 2008, 08:14 PM
It's all in good fun.
That's exactly what I mean, and I was just asking and making sure that you seriously didn't take pride in playing Guitar Hero on expert.

LinkandKvel
November 10th, 2008, 08:16 PM
I can't even FINISH a song on expert :lol:

Saggy
November 10th, 2008, 08:19 PM
Oh wow, I guess I misunderstood your post. I thought you were bragging that you could beat expert and he couldn't. Meh, whatever.

jngrow
November 10th, 2008, 08:43 PM
What's wrong with taking a little pride in being good at something? Guitar Hero is a game, and plenty of people are proud at being good at those.

Of COURSE, GH isn't as difficult as playing real guitar- aside from basic rhythm and coordination, it's pretty much an entirely different skill set. So when someone says "hell yes, expert mode", they aren't saying it's the most impressive thing ever, they are just a little excited for doing something a good deal of people can't do, even though I don't know anyone who plays GH long enough and doesn't eventually get to expert.

All of the "OMG FAG LERN REEL JIITAR" needs to stop. GH is less expensive (well, not 4), you can just pick it up and play it. Regardless of what you think, real guitar actually takes much more dedication and is really hard to start, so the "if you spend that time playing real guitar then it would be good" needs to stop also.

I actually don't know a single fucking person who thinks being good at GH amounts to any real guitar playing skill.

This is coming from someone who plays guitar, and also GH.

Buuuuuuuut FUCK!

This thread is SUPPOSED to be about how good GH4 is, and I haven't played it yet. I'll probably get Rock Band 2, hoping that the peripherals are compatible with GH4.

Saggy
November 10th, 2008, 08:49 PM
This thread is SUPPOSED to be about how good GH4 is, and I haven't played it yet. I'll probably get Rock Band 2, hoping that the peripherals are compatible with GH4.I can confirm that Rock Band 2 peripherals are compatible with Guitar Hero World Tour.

Heathen
November 10th, 2008, 08:50 PM
Oh wow, I guess I misunderstood your post. I thought you were bragging that you could beat expert and he couldn't. Meh, whatever.

I can. Because I am fucking cool.

Guitar Hero is easy as shit.

I never got it.

You press the buttons as they come down and then when they are on the right spots you strum....whats so hard?

I just like it because it makes me feel like a hardass.

Saggy
November 10th, 2008, 08:54 PM
I can. Because I am fucking cool.

Guitar Hero is easy as shit.

Oh yeah? BRING IT!
JK, don't hurt me D:
Also, I agree with jngrow. I was ignorant to think that being good at GH amounts to any real guitar playing skill. Oh well, just drop the topic know and let it be about GH4/WT or whatever.

Cortexian
November 10th, 2008, 09:11 PM
No offense, but are you taking pride in the fact that you can play a plastic toy guitar? If you take that much pride, take a real challenge and learn to play a REAL guitar. Again, no offense.
qft.

I hate all the GH/RB fan boys that think they're totally amazing because they can play a plastic guitar. I actually got into an argument with some lamer because he thought that playing GH on expert was harder than playing a real instrument. I just pointed out the fact that he wouldn't even know how to hold bagpipes, yet I play them at competitive grade.

Thats like saying "You take pride for no scoping in halo with a joystick? Take a real challenge and no-scope in REAL life." It's a VIDEO game. It's all in good fun.
"No scoping" in real life isn't really that hard, I've got 3 or 4 deer while hunting by just snap shooting (bringing the rifle up and firing really quick, no using the sights or optics at all) in the woods.

I don't see all the hype of Guitar Hero at all, the original to present versions are all the same thing to be honest. I'd be less of a hater if they just brought out song packs for the original like expansions. Plus World Tour is just a rip off of Rock Band, so now they're completely out of ideas.

jngrow
November 10th, 2008, 09:18 PM
qft.

I hate all the GH/RB fan boys that think they're totally amazing because they can play a plastic guitar. I actually got into an argument with some lamer because he thought that playing GH on expert was harder than playing a real instrument. I just pointed out the fact that he wouldn't even know how to hold bagpipes, yet I play them at competitive grade.

"No scoping" in real life isn't really that hard, I've got 3 or 4 deer while hunting by just snap shooting (bringing the rifle up and firing really quick, no using the sights or optics at all) in the woods.

I don't see all the hype of Guitar Hero at all, the original to present versions are all the same thing to be honest. I'd be less of a hater if they just brought out song packs for the original like expansions. Plus World Tour is just a rip off of Rock Band, so now they're completely out of ideas.

I want to meet these people. I have trouble believing they exist (people on the internets don't exist btw, it's all a conspiracy, all bots, sort of like the truman show, but with tubes.) I do agree with the expansion stuff though.

HURR HURR MANLY MAN KILL DEER RRRRRRAAAAAAARRRGGGH. j/k :P

LinkandKvel
November 10th, 2008, 09:27 PM
qft.

I hate all the GH/RB fan boys that think they're totally amazing because they can play a plastic guitar. I actually got into an argument with some lamer because he thought that playing GH on expert was harder than playing a real instrument.They say that because some songs on guitar hero require alot more strumming than the actual song. Also I almost beat career on hard. I feel leet :D but i still suck compared to expert lol

Sel
November 10th, 2008, 09:31 PM
They say that because some songs on guitar hero require alot more strumming than the actual song. Also I almost beat career on hard. I feel leet :D but i still suck compared to expert lol

Oh wow there's more strumming whoopdee fucking shit. No one cares how fast you can strum when playing a real instrument, because believe it or not (I forgive you for not knowing this, after all you listen to rap and there's no talented instrumentals in there, so obviously you would make this misconception) the more important part of playing a guitar is selecting the notes.

blind
November 10th, 2008, 09:32 PM
Guitar hero is fun and is a social game!

also lmao at selentics post. you're wrong.

FRain
November 10th, 2008, 09:34 PM

:confused2: So, retarded donkey DDR sex?

E: Hit Enter too early.

I've played Guitar Hero, and it's much too fucking hard to play that shit because you're just pushing buttons, the frets are huge, too, and you've got to press the entire fret down, while the guitar you only have to press a small area. I'm a beginning guitar player, and playing the real guitar is more satisfying than playing a plastic guitar that makes absolutely no noise.

Kalub
November 10th, 2008, 09:34 PM
Fun game is fun, I like playing the drums the best though :D

jngrow
November 10th, 2008, 09:35 PM
They say that because some songs on guitar hero require alot more strumming than the actual song. Also I almost beat career on hard. I feel leet :D but i still suck compared to expert lol
As far as I can tell, there isn't, just some songs are played differently (ie finger picking/other methods) that translate into much harder GH songs. Only times where it's squeedly-deedly-screech is where it might have more strumming than normal, but most people wouldn't notice.

e: also selentic, that was a terrible generalization, sort of a bizarre, out of place, angry flame...

Kalub
November 10th, 2008, 09:37 PM
OH jesus, just shut up and play the game like it, or don't. Just don't shit up my forums with your arguing and flamewars.

Sel
November 10th, 2008, 09:45 PM
e: also selentic, that was a terrible generalization, sort of a bizarre, out of place, angry flame...

I'm sorry for not considering someone from detroit, white or black, grunting and cussing over a drum beat, to be music. :raise:

On a plus side, the guitar hero developers seem to realize this, and thus have not put rap songs into their games, atleast that was the case with 3, idk about 4 :awesome:

Kalub
November 10th, 2008, 09:53 PM
OH jesus, just shut up and play the game like it, or don't. Just don't shit up my forums with your arguing and flamewars.

k?

Heathen
November 10th, 2008, 09:55 PM
I'm sorry for not considering someone from detroit, white or black, grunting and cussing over a drum beat, to be music. :raise:

On a plus side, the guitar hero developers seem to realize this, and thus have not put rap songs into their games, atleast that was the case with 3, idk about 4 :awesome:

Beastieboys.

Or is that shit I am thinking of?

Kalub
November 10th, 2008, 09:58 PM
This thread needs moar Beastieboys, here let me help:

wddY7qCn-ig

Heathen
November 10th, 2008, 10:00 PM
gross. If I wanted to have my ears filled with shit, I'd do so.

Kalub
November 10th, 2008, 10:02 PM
Then don't push play you over-sized plush doll shaped like a monkey!

<3

LinkandKvel
November 10th, 2008, 10:10 PM
Alot of people think rap instrumentals are JUST drums. It's basically a piano with different soundfonts in which we make for melodies. Ignorance is bliss. I listened to rock a bit before, but thanx to GH2 my respect for it has gone up :)

Kalub
November 10th, 2008, 10:12 PM
I prefer trance. Dunno why, but sharp overly complex synth melodies bring a tear to my eye....

Heathen
November 10th, 2008, 10:19 PM
Damn Kaleb. Your fun.

Kalub
November 10th, 2008, 10:20 PM
Kay-lub, like a fat girl saying "Luv", sheesh......

:awesome: I have a feeling this will fail @ being ninja awesome

Heathen
November 10th, 2008, 10:38 PM
hahahahaha.

Also, wtfe. I misspelled.

p0lar_bear
November 10th, 2008, 11:54 PM
You press the buttons as they come down and then when they are on the right spots you strum....whats so hard?

Last I checked, Jordan has yet to be full comboed. Someone came close but missed ONE note somewhere in there.

Also, Slash has stated in an interview that Guitar Hero is an entirely different animal than a real guitar. The feeling's there, but it's not the same. The whole point of GH was to make air guitar into something more tangible. Don't need a lot of skill to enjoy it, but then again you could crank up the dfficulty, practice a lot, and get in on the faggot competitive crowd if that's your thing.

On a plus side, the guitar hero developers seem to realize this, and thus have not put rap songs into their gamesKing of Rock is in Guitar Hero: Aerosmith, but that's a more like a Hip-Hop/Rock hybrid song though.

Bodzilla
November 11th, 2008, 01:11 AM
I have a real guitar and my sister has Guitar hero.

i bust out on my guitar but cant play the game For shit!

nick3d
November 11th, 2008, 04:34 AM
Im on expert on all of them, cant wait till saturday when i have the new guitar hero. And plus iv never had rock band, but i believe that guitar hero is the better, well thats because iv only played guitar hero. Could some one tell me what songs are on the new 1, and how many?

And plus when was it released in america?
and the beat thing where you edit songs or whatever. can you put songs onto your xbox then upload them on guitar hero then edit them so you can play them, but like do all the chords yourself, or is that just a rumor?

Cortexian
November 11th, 2008, 04:16 PM
Im on expert on all of them, cant wait till saturday when i have the new guitar hero. And plus iv never had rock band, but i believe that guitar hero is the better, well thats because iv only played guitar hero. Could some one tell me what songs are on the new 1, and how many?

And plus when was it released in america?
and the beat thing where you edit songs or whatever. can you put songs onto your xbox then upload them on guitar hero then edit them so you can play them, but like do all the chords yourself, or is that just a rumor?
Psh, Rock Band is so much better because it actually nudges you towards socializing with other people.

LinkandKvel
November 11th, 2008, 04:32 PM
I dislike rock band. Doesn't give the same hype as playing GH.

nick3d
November 11th, 2008, 04:59 PM
Psh, Rock Band is so much better because it actually nudges you towards socializing with other people.
What do you mean? "Nudges you" :confused2:

So basically it trys to force you to socialize :S

Dead confusing lol

Kalub
November 11th, 2008, 05:47 PM
It actually tries to get you to start a band, ect.

nick3d
November 11th, 2008, 05:59 PM
i thought that gh4 did the same?

Kalub
November 12th, 2008, 01:46 AM
Dunno, they are the same game in nature, just differ in presentation.

Jelly
November 12th, 2008, 02:23 AM
Last I checked, Jordan has yet to be full comboed. Someone came close but missed ONE note somewhere in there.
Hellashes managed it a while back, then a bunch of other people did it as well.

Source (http://www.scorehero.com/rankings.php?group=2&game=0&diff=4&song=561&page=1&highlight=1)

LinkandKvel
December 15th, 2008, 08:01 PM
Just brought this yesterday and it is completely :awesome:, and for you that doubt anything has changed ALOT has. May not seem like it has but it very much so. Xbox Live just got better.

Heathen
December 15th, 2008, 08:11 PM
Was this sold anywhere as guitar hero 4? I am almost certain its just Guitar Hero: World Tour.

cheezdue
December 15th, 2008, 08:11 PM
DDR made me loose weight. D:

LinkandKvel
December 15th, 2008, 08:21 PM
Was this sold anywhere as guitar hero 4? I am almost certain its just Guitar Hero: World Tour.

It is. Guitar Hero 4 was the pending name before they went to world tour.

KiLLa
December 16th, 2008, 04:55 AM
I haven't played the game personally, but the whole aspect of being able to improvise, and create your own music...is more than enough reason to want it..
I've played previous titles, and sure they're fun for awhile, but I loose intrest, and would rather play guitar, and create my own music..
Hell, maybe being able to create, and structure your own music, could actually inspire, and help you expand your playing ability and musical knowledge?
Bottom line is, the creation side of things, is more than enough reason to spark my intrest..
Than again, I've never played it yet, and am only basing it off of what I've read in magazines..

Kalub
December 16th, 2008, 08:36 PM
I would agree if I personally hadn't seen the creation tool.... :gonk:

Saggy
December 16th, 2008, 08:47 PM
Yeah, the song creator is more of a midi creator imo.

LinkandKvel
December 16th, 2008, 08:50 PM
It is. Your making it on a video game what did you expect?

kid908
December 16th, 2008, 09:59 PM
i don't really like the song line up. interface is very good tho. have fun with it b/c i prefer gh3 song lineup.

p0lar_bear
December 16th, 2008, 11:07 PM
If you want to make your own Guitar Hero tracks and want more/have the talent to do more than MIDI creation, I would recommend using Frets on Fire instead. At least there, you're supposed to record the guitar and band audio.

nick3d
December 25th, 2008, 03:13 PM
Alls I can say about this game is that its the best game out :)
As well as Fable 2 and Need For Speed Undercover

LinkandKvel
December 27th, 2008, 06:18 PM
Is it me or DOES IT FUCKING TAKE FOR FOREVER TO GET MATCHED UP BAND v. BAND ON XBOX LIVE?!?!?!?!?!

Con
December 27th, 2008, 07:39 PM
it cant be longer than halo 3 :o

p0lar_bear
December 27th, 2008, 10:30 PM
it cant be longer than halo 3 :o

Sup Social Slayer with population of 75k and you can't find me ONE FUCKING GAME fffffffffffffffffff.

Geo
December 27th, 2008, 11:02 PM
^ Loled at the reality of that. Fucking halo 3 xbl.... :fail:

LinkandKvel
December 28th, 2008, 01:32 AM
Also my orange fret button stopped working. Hello brand new replacement guitar.

Did I mention it's completely free?

Ki11a_FTW
December 28th, 2008, 03:26 AM
didnt even notice this thread, i got this game the day it came it, epic EPIC win game right here.

LinkandKvel
December 28th, 2008, 03:32 AM
didnt even notice this thread, i got this game the day it came it, epic EPIC win game right here.

XBL Gamertag?

LinkandKvel
January 19th, 2009, 09:14 PM
Bump........so I just got my replacement guitar back today...............then I dropped it. FUCK!!!

DaneO'Roo
January 19th, 2009, 09:48 PM
What you dropped it a whole 2 feet off the ground? Must be a p shit guitar.

Bad Waffle
January 19th, 2009, 10:24 PM
maybe he dropped it on hardwood or something.