PDA

View Full Version : *sigh* leakers make me cry

sevlag
November 29th, 2008, 02:01 PM
ok modacity, I admit I'm a RPG nub that made that shitty map alpha 4. which is in its fetus stage of planning.

my thing is this:

The map was originally intended to test out things for potential maps, since RPG beta 4 was so large we thought "hey its big, perfect testing ground for shit"

then it grew into a small project we dubbed "epsilon". nothing big, but we messed around with stuff here and there and one day one of my friends who was in the server with us said "hey can we RP, all this stuff seems good for one", we did a half-assed one that really went no where because the lack of "use-able content". This was a year ago

fast foward to now:

Epsilon was still in its fetus stage and we decided to let the RPC clan have fun with it, I've known wolokai and lexi for awhile and the members I met were good folks so I lent them "fetus".

one member shares a map folder with a ODST small child and the ODST leaked it.
--------------------

anyways, I know there is nothing I can really do, but now I feel like a real map maker seeing how the map got leaked, even though its in the "fetus stage".

ok, I'm done, flame if you want, but I wanted to bring this to attention

Gwunty
November 29th, 2008, 02:15 PM
http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=22289
OMFG LOLOLOLOLOLOL :lol:
I lol'd so much that I think I got aids.

RhoMbie
November 29th, 2008, 02:28 PM
no wai.
you cant be serious.

sevlag
November 29th, 2008, 02:29 PM
I lol'd so much that I think I got aids.wow you found my post quick. but yeah, most people didn't even bother with the dev commands, just took the nooby way with the all vehicles cheat

EDIT:

no wai.
you cant be serious.hey rhom, I honestly don't want your opinion as CIA shown alot of hostility towards me and my friends on CE, so anything you post in this thread I will take as a offensive comment towards me, I am not being immature as I could throw a tantrum here, but I won't. I'm saving my caps lock for halomaps and the small children that make up most of that community over there

thehoodedsmack
November 29th, 2008, 02:35 PM
Yeah... Nobody stole it... you handed it out... That's the risk you take. Sorry. :\

Alwin Roth
November 29th, 2008, 02:36 PM
dude your posting this everywhere, the map was leaked cause you weren't careful.

BTw, leave grunts alone nao... he has aids...

Timo
November 29th, 2008, 02:44 PM
How much money do you plan on spending on this, to get nothing? You gave the map to him with no legal terms, and he uploaded it to a website. How do you expect to get a court order to take it down with nothing?

sevlag
November 29th, 2008, 02:47 PM
I didn't freely hand it out, which is what alot of people assumed, the people who had it were people I had known for awhile and had been given other test maps similar to alpha.

meh damage is done, what really gives me a good laugh in the end is people are too stupid to use "object_create_anew" to spawn some of the better things, and from what I've heard the marine biped is somewhat like torture to those who can't figure out how to properly use it.

so in the end, I win even though I lost. and sorry that you got AIDS grunty, a cure for forum AIDS is to find a nooby-er post than the one that gave you the said AIDS.

How much money do you plan on spending on this, to get nothing? You gave the map to him with no legal terms, and he uploaded it to a website. How do you expect to get a court order to take it down with nothing? know that I'm clamed down a bit, I see that the talking pineapple is right, its pointless to file the lawsuit. let them have fun with the fetus, chances are it will die out quicker than beta 5 and 4-overkill on objects 4

EDIT:
I don't want this topic getting out of hand, Timo, or someone, delete this thread and/or lock it please, I'd actually would prefer if you deleted it

Gamerkd16
November 29th, 2008, 02:49 PM
Dude, it's a lost cause. There is no point in getting a lawsuit. The payment for a lawer alone wouldn't be worth a fetus staged map. Not to mention, you did steal this from who created RPG 4. It's not really yours. And I thought you were sick of mods.

know what? since half of you tw@s couldn't even build a map if you tried (besides modding blood gulch to the point that its just getting old).That's essentially what you made. You took RPG 4 and modified it to something else. You sound very hypocritical.

If you sent them the map, and it's protected, then you're fine in a way. That's as far as they can go with it. You can just take your map and add on to it. They will only get the crappy beta and they can't modify it. If you sent them the scenario file, well...you're kinda screwed.

Just be lucky your map wasn't in final stages yet. It was leaked young, be glad for that.

RhoMbie
November 29th, 2008, 02:51 PM
you're indescribably silly sev.
Take a moment to look over everything you said on here and on halomaps.
:haw:

ICEE
November 29th, 2008, 02:54 PM
If you did have any chance of throwing a lawsuit at anyone (which you dont), it wouldn't be at halomaps. it would be against whoever "stole" the map from your PC.

Corndogman
November 29th, 2008, 02:54 PM
You gave it to your friends by your own will, nobody stole it from your hard drive. That sounds like freely giving it away to me.

It went through tool, therefore you do not own it. Now shut the fuck up.

Gamerkd16
November 29th, 2008, 02:55 PM
You know, by making a big scene about this map you are just encouraging people to download it. I wouldn't look twice at a map like that, mainly because I don't really like the RPG series. But now because you are making such a big deal about it I wanna see what's up, so I'm downloading it.

Disaster
November 29th, 2008, 03:00 PM
I lol'd so much that I think I got aids.
I second this motion :lol:

E: this is like handing out free sex then calling rape when you finish because you forgot to use a condom.

PenGuin1362
November 29th, 2008, 03:13 PM
No one cares about your shitty map.

mech
November 29th, 2008, 03:26 PM
Lol. my box map bawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

So did you make this map in 3ds max?