PDA

View Full Version : /me signing out

Zeph
December 2nd, 2008, 05:56 PM
Well, I dont care anymore.
I mainly stuck around after the h2v leak because I thought we'd turn this site into something I'd be proud of. It hasn't gone anywhere and it probably never will.
Now we just have a forum loosely based around "making good maps". Even so, it's not really that. The same seeds of self-destruction that were sewn in Gearbox during the CE days still haven't died out. I'm still seeing the same crap from then today and it's just not appealing anymore.
The forums may have some activity, but the community is dead. We would rather slay people struggling to find their niche in game development than help them get there simply because the scenes they make while learning aren't next-gen.
Our idea of having this forum be a proper place with rules, order, and flow is just ridiculous when we mindlessly allow ignorance and uneducated opinions to go around freely.
Vista sucks.
Why?
*silence*
Hey, look at my first map.
It sucks.
Why?
*silence*

I give up.
This site wont be anything more than it is now.
We've got an owner who shows up randomly.
We've got an admin who did some work, but wont do anything else because of how fucking screwy the original work was.
We've got an admin who is supposed to be doing work, but has two jobs instead and somehow found it worth his while to de-admin an admin a couple of times for bullshit reasons. The jury is still out on whether he does work.
We've got two jr. admins who have been doing the busy work of admins.
We've got, three mods?
We've got a fucking mafia ready to go to war with anyone in a heartbeat.
We've got a community that does next to nothing.

We've had the people and the foundation to get something amazing done, but nada. I could put more into this site to try and get us there, but I wouldn't get a single thing out. I'm off to more productive things.

Hmm, it seems the third time is really a charm. Last two times I got started on putting something like this up but had been too busy with RL to get it finished. As it seems Polar is intent on keeping me out of the staff at this point, and probably the board itself here soon, I'll just sum it up shortly.

http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/4379/droppodmv4finaloh2.jpg
to
http://www.modacity.net/forums/showthread.php?t=9314

http://www.spacebrick.net/pictures/gallery/bench_early.jpg
to
r5fsgSeLKzg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/waveoflag/Weapons/myfirstmodelevar.png
to
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/655/mc1jl9.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j88/ll_JAY_ll/Stairscopy.png
to
4Ed7dsrrqR8

Now if modacity user number 2,973 showed up tomorrow and showed something akin to the first image in those pairs, what would you do?

\o
It's been mostly fun guys.

CodeBrain
December 2nd, 2008, 05:58 PM
o/

Sorry your leaving Zeph, bai.

ultama121
December 2nd, 2008, 06:15 PM
Bye man, never really knew you, but I should atleast say my good byes.

Hotrod
December 2nd, 2008, 06:17 PM
Damn, I'm sorry to hear that you're leaving. It's been good having you here, and I wish you the best of luck and success in the future.

Syuusuke
December 2nd, 2008, 06:21 PM
°/

Adios zephilitis. I adore your tolerance to this forum and respect your decision of signing off.

Rob Oplawar
December 2nd, 2008, 06:23 PM
let me be the first to say:
YAAAAAAAAY

InnerGoat
December 2nd, 2008, 06:23 PM
I'm sorry to see you go all of a sudden.. You were a great mod to work with and I will miss you :(

Limited
December 2nd, 2008, 06:26 PM
I agree this place is beginning to be a ghost town, there isnt really much happening here, I am partly to blame because I pretty much haven't done anything. I come here because I feel I'm loyal to the Halo series, its my favourite series ever created, I come here to hang out with people who have same interests :)

I understand you, but feel kinda bad about the other day in vista thread.

This is by far the best halo board I've come across, and the people here are great, we may not be the most creative bunch but its all good :)

I remember when I knew you years ago, good times they were, I'll miss you :)

LlamaMaster
December 2nd, 2008, 06:29 PM
This thread makes me sad for some reason. He did bring up some very fucking valid points though. We ARE a pathetic "modding" community. Every decent map here NEVER gets finished. I'm looking at you: Rob, Snaf, Dane, Me, WoL, and pretty much every other "senior" member. That's not why I come here though, I'm just here for the shits and giggles. That's all this forum really is.

Anton
December 2nd, 2008, 06:33 PM
Bye buddy who lives close to me D: I'll miss you.

I hope you enjoy yourself in the future.

Disaster
December 2nd, 2008, 06:33 PM
to Llama: Damn, I feel bad now :(

I'm gonna miss you zeph even though we never new each other D:
Wish I had gotten the time to talk with you and get to know ya :P

Saggy
December 2nd, 2008, 06:36 PM
Glad to see you go. It's a smart move. Enjoy real life.

Also:
Woah, what's up with Zeph's sig?

supersniper
December 2nd, 2008, 06:38 PM
... I'm going to step it up now.
Zeph your inspired me.

flibitijibibo
December 2nd, 2008, 06:39 PM
I'll miss you, Zeph ol' buddy. Even though we never really worked together all too much (read: never, other than a couple-a Halo 3 games). If only H2V's kit could have been unlocked, then you could be wrong in the best way possible. I guess we'll have to wait until Halo 3, eh? Maybe THEN we can have a sound tool that will make me useful in Modacity's popular game (Source/Unreal mappers, I'm still here). I wish I weren't bound to such a little-used part of a mod, but it's what I do best. If I could model/draw like the lotta you, I'd definitely be trying to make Zeph wrong. Oh well, back to SONAR 6 for me.

Good luck with whatever you do next. o/

So uh, is anyone filling in for you? Like you said, we've only got like, 3 mods.

Heathen
December 2nd, 2008, 06:41 PM
You've been here longer than me and I for one liked you.

Later I guess.

Or not if you review the term.

Hotrod
December 2nd, 2008, 06:45 PM
Yeah, I've always liked you too, maybe because we've never gotten into any fights.

Boba
December 2nd, 2008, 06:50 PM
Bye Zeph, I love you in a completely hetero way. <3! Have a nice life.

Xetsuei
December 2nd, 2008, 06:52 PM
Oh hey, about time.

And yes, Vista sucks.

teh lag
December 2nd, 2008, 06:53 PM
The only time we met was way back in the dev of SP1... somehow you made it onto my aim contact list. See you, I guess.

cheezdue
December 2nd, 2008, 06:57 PM
Good luck.

Jean-Luc
December 2nd, 2008, 07:01 PM
Sorry to see you go. Wish I could have gotten to know you a bit better :gonk:

blind
December 2nd, 2008, 07:04 PM
I'm sorry to see you go all of a sudden.. You were a great mod to work with and I will miss you :(
lmfao.

LinkandKvel
December 2nd, 2008, 07:06 PM
True. I only come here for off-topic and what not. Not much new to offer anymore *cough* Open Sauce *grunts*

I think us main peeps are just getting older along with the game. I've almost said my final goodbye to Halo CE. One more year maybe. There will be a day where we all disband and seperate. And when that happens the internets will feel lonely but I won't ever forget this community.

blind
December 2nd, 2008, 07:08 PM
So uh, is anyone filling in for you? Like you said, we've only got like, 3 mods.
I'm up to the task.

blind for moderator '08

flibitijibibo
December 2nd, 2008, 07:12 PM
True. I only come here for off-topic and what not. Not much new to offer anymore *cough* Open Sauce *grunts*

I think us main peeps are just getting older along with the game. I've almost said my final goodbye to Halo CE. One more year maybe. There will be a day where we all disband and seperate. And when that happens the internets will feel lonely but I won't ever forget this community.
Pretty much this. My bookmarks toolbar is basically a Modacity toolbar, and I nowadays only have links to home, index, off topic, tech talk, and the user CP. Even if this isn't exactly a game modding community like it was when I first came here, I'll always remember the old and current times... Good stuff.

E- Heh, someone's already waiting to fill your seat, Zeph. Though, TBH, I'd-a asked for it (assuming they were to fill his spot in) if I knew I would moderate more than the main forums as much as a good moderator would. I'd probably spend all my time cleaning up Off Topic/Tech Talk.

Bastinka
December 2nd, 2008, 07:18 PM
To be honest, I won't miss you :)

CabooseJr
December 2nd, 2008, 07:20 PM
I'll miss you Zeph.

Ki11a_FTW
December 2nd, 2008, 07:33 PM
bye zeph, im gonna miss all those infractions you would give me :-\

please some one give me one last infraction before i burst to tears :(

Phopojijo
December 2nd, 2008, 07:35 PM
Guys... don't be assholes...
http://www.modacity.net/forums/showpost.php?p=330744&postcount=22
http://www.modacity.net/forums/showpost.php?p=330750&postcount=26
http://www.modacity.net/forums/showpost.php?p=330737&postcount=18
http://www.modacity.net/forums/showpost.php?p=330701&postcount=6

Seriously.

Bastinka
December 2nd, 2008, 07:37 PM
I was being honest :P

Ki11a_FTW
December 2nd, 2008, 07:38 PM
So was i, so give me a damn infraction

ill take an infraction for zeph anywhere anytime

SnaFuBAR
December 2nd, 2008, 07:42 PM
While you may have a point, you are just as much of, if not more so, an asshole as the people you're trying to condemn. Good riddance.

bye

paladin
December 2nd, 2008, 07:42 PM
Tschus. I'll miss you :(

Phopojijo
December 2nd, 2008, 07:55 PM
So was i, so give me a damn infraction

ill take an infraction for zeph anywhere anytimeNah... you were just dancing on the line... much like Snafu.

The problem is if I wait for it to *cross* the line, people will wonder why infractions fly around.

The point of moderating is to point out what is heading in the wrong direction before it arrives there. It's much like good parenting... however that's a bad example as most people are shitty parents.

Letting the Red and Yellow fly around places barriers on "Bad things".

... Contrary to popular belief that is not ideal.

The best thing to do is to point out what's wrong and let people learn to not even head in the bad directions in the first place. Sure it takes a lot more patience... but teach a man to fish... you know.

That's something that many people just simply don't understand.

A successful moderator (or parent) is someone who teaches their members (or children) to make the correct choices in life... not one who blocks all the bad ones.

Edit: Fixed typos... belief not believe... and teaches not teachers. Also underlined patience as it's a key point.

Heathen
December 2nd, 2008, 07:56 PM
Well he has done things for the site so I am grateful. I wont dick it up...

Also, win^

Not because he is green, because I completely agree. I always liked your ways Phopojijo.

You never tossed around ouchies...you just simply said
"Cut that shit out"

"Use soft words but carry a big stick"
Although this isnt what the proverb meant, I like it in this situation.

Xetsuei
December 2nd, 2008, 08:08 PM
Guys... don't be assholes...

Seriously.

Sorry he has a grudge on me for no reason and won't talk to me about it. Always been an asshole to me, I think it's great he's leaving.

Rob Oplawar
December 2nd, 2008, 08:15 PM
Now there's somebody who knows how to moderate.
Unlike Zeph. JUST SAYIN.
Ok, I couldn't resist saying it, but really, I'm done now.

Phopojijo
December 2nd, 2008, 08:16 PM
Now there's somebody who knows how to moderate.
Unlike Zeph. JUST SAYIN.
Ok, I couldn't resist saying it, but really, I'm done now.That kinda damages your point... just sayin.

Bodzilla
December 2nd, 2008, 08:47 PM
say what you will about our history zeph and the head clashes's we've had, but it actually made me respect you more for it (even if some of the things where........), because it's better to be surrounded by people who challenge your ideas, then a bunch of yes men.

While i'll say i didnt always think you where the right choice you wherent all bad either.

Bodzilla
December 2nd, 2008, 08:48 PM
Sorry he has a grudge on me for no reason and won't talk to me about it. Always been an asshole to me, I think it's great he's leaving.
you've never done anything to help yourself Xet.
a few more years and a few beatings and Maybe you'll be able to see things from a different point of view.

See ya round bro'hem.
edit: No hidden youtube dude. -- Phopojijo

supersniper
December 2nd, 2008, 08:59 PM
I like the song guys, but it really brings the mood even lower...

Corndogman
December 2nd, 2008, 09:04 PM
You know, I've always been thinking the same thing in my head that Zeph has said, but I never really knew how to say it. Guess I don't have to anymore.

Phopo, you've been my favorite moderator since... well, when you became one. You do the job very well, I just wish you were around more often. And I'm not just saying that because of your involvement in this thread, I've thought that for a while now.

Pooky
December 2nd, 2008, 09:15 PM
say what you will about our history zeph and the head clashes's we've had, but it actually made me respect you more for it (even if some of the things where........), because it's better to be surrounded by people who challenge your ideas, then a bunch of yes men.

While i'll say i didnt always think you where the right choice you wherent all bad either.

Pretty much this.

DarkHalo003
December 2nd, 2008, 09:18 PM
Zeph, you were one of the coolest people on this forum. Sad to see you go. Hope wherever else you go is cooler than here.

Matooba
December 2nd, 2008, 09:18 PM
For me this is just a part time hobby, but hell................Your rude demeanor has, I'm sure, made people wanting to learn, just turned off completely. If a student of mine ever came to me with something that needed work I certainly would have gave him encouragement. Your staff here, however, does not understand how to teach, only judge (which isn't criticism). So without further a due,Bye.

Atty
December 2nd, 2008, 09:21 PM
;_;

one of my oldest friends on the internets, a true and valued opinion among many trollers.

good bye zeph. :( :( :(

Con
December 2nd, 2008, 09:44 PM
Bye Zeph, I'll miss you. :(

legionaire45
December 2nd, 2008, 10:01 PM
This site is a dinosaur.

The fact that trolling and general stupidity flourishes here is not a cause but a symptom. The real problem with this site is that the staff are not policing the site. The moderators who care are too busy dealing with personal problems and such (which is fine) to moderate. The other moderators are busy fucking around in the conspiracy forum making shitposts when they should be doing their job.

The mods are actively encouraging the shitposting when they openly ridicule new members. Instead of fucking around with them, how about stopping for a moment and telling them how to improve? There will always be "hopeless" individuals but at the very least you can point them in the right direction and tell them to figure things out on their own. I've been trying to help people get into 3D modeling via xfire for a while and I have had some moderate success. However, for every person I help I'm sure 10 of them have been trolled and discouraged from continueing. There is a point where "honest criticism" simply becomes an easy way to dodge a warning.

What does this site need? First off, the site needs more staff. Having 10 or so staff worked fine back in the H2V days but there are too many people joining for that to be effective.

The current staff need to decide whether they really want to be staff. I respect Zeph's decision to leave. I would have that same respect for any other mod who deems themselves unworthy of being in charge.

The administration team needs to get some fucking coders in to fix issues when they happen. Issues should be fixed in a few hours or days, not months. The easiest way to piss someone off and discourage them from joining a website is to show them a giant error page every two seconds because no one wants to call up the hosting company and demand better service.

Ghost has funded the site since it's founding and I am grateful of him for that. However, I think that it would help if he could actually post on the site and show that he exists. Before he posted about getting the whole vBulletin thing fixed I hadn't seen one of his posts in months.

Forums that are unused should be cut. Look at the UT3 and Crysis sections. I doubt more than a handful of people on this site own legal copies of those games and yet the sections are still there eating up space. The Source section has a lot of potential due to the number of people here who play TF2, and yet there is almost no discussion in there.

Fun fact: Aerowyn, the section moderator for the Source section, last logged on in August.

STLRamsFan
December 2nd, 2008, 10:07 PM
Take care man, been fun. Drop by sometime.

Skill
December 2nd, 2008, 10:08 PM
trolling and general stupidity flourishes here
Welcome to the Internet.

I'd have something more heartfelt/poignant to say if I had been a member of this community longer, but goodbye and godspeed Zeph.

t3h m00kz
December 2nd, 2008, 10:09 PM
:words:

this

and this.

Except I like Unreal, dick >:V

Welcome to the Internet.

Image boards or Youtube is one thing. But when stupidity, shitposting and trolling exists actively within an actual community that has a purpose and goals they're trying to achieve, modding in this case,

A. new users are turned off, wasting their potential as upstanding, active members,
B. the community is viewed in a negative light by other people and communities,
C. there's constantly conflicts, arguments, and grudges being held,
D. the members are too full of themselves to cooperate and collaborate with the other members to work on projects.

Which pretty much leads to shit not getting done, AND people outside of the community having no respect for it.

"Welcome to the internet" is just another excuse for letting this stuff slide. This isn't 4chan, this is a modding community.

PenGuin1362
December 2nd, 2008, 10:24 PM
I'm not really real Zeph! Come back! I really am part of your imagination!

aufiderzen buddeh :(

il Duce Primo
December 2nd, 2008, 10:38 PM
I find irony in this post, I do agree with most of the things Zeph has stated but on the otherside he is just following what he just pointed out. Too much drama in the community. Drama though isn't where it starts though. It's the lack of control people have in the community that cause them to shit post, troll, and just discourage people. All of that just makes more drama and that's all we have. Zeph pointed it out in hope it will be fixed (I hope) but he even knows it won't get fixed but he still tries to help. Irony?

Well thanks for trying! :)

Amit
December 2nd, 2008, 11:02 PM

Fun fact: Aerowyn, the section moderator for the Source section, last logged on in August.

Correction: Aerowyn last logged in November 16th, 2008. Not too long ago. That section is pretty well off anyways. It doesn't need to be moderated.

Gwunty
December 2nd, 2008, 11:33 PM
http://www.modacity.net/forums/styles/smilies/extra/haw.gif
A very long time ago, I got pissy butthurt over a infraction. I told you that you would leave sometime before christmas. I win
Now if I hadnt deleted that PM, this post would have had more win.

Apoc4lypse
December 3rd, 2008, 12:04 AM
For me this is just a part time hobby, but hell................Your rude demeanor has, I'm sure, made people wanting to learn, just turned off completely. If a student of mine ever came to me with something that needed work I certainly would have gave him encouragement. Your staff here, however, does not understand how to teach, only judge (which isn't criticism). So without further a due,Bye.

see... e: I apparently don't read sig rules either, oh well :awesome:

Bodzilla
December 3rd, 2008, 12:25 AM
Forums that are unused should be cut. Look at the UT3 and Crysis sections. I doubt more than a handful of people on this site own legal copies of those games and yet the sections are still there eating up space. The Source section has a lot of potential due to the number of people here who play TF2, and yet there is almost no discussion in there.

the biggest problem source has is we dont have modders or mappers, and with me, n00b, phobias, ross and timo living in Aus and NZ we dont see alot of custom maps, biggest thing we've got to do is have a whinge or fap over a new update.

and i said that about aerowyn ages ago.

FluffyDucky™
December 3rd, 2008, 01:02 AM
How do you know that a source project is not going to come up? People need to be more optimistic... even if this place is going to the shit, at least it's not like [HIV] forums. No offense Bacon, the forums are great to muck around in but it has gone a long way down the drain from what it used to be. These forums still have a great community no matter what people say... also have people to control the bullshit that tends to go on.

The only reason this place is going downhill is because of the people that have a negative attitude to where this forum is going. Maybe if we stop being all sad and actually produce something, you pessimists will be happy.

I understand a lot of you have jobs and what not but hey, heaps of map makers and skinners and modelers who produce work have a job and can still get it done. As for the newbs that come in... instead of saying "dsfjkh;asdjklh its shit" why not help them? They could be the next big thing in the modding world and you don't know it yet.

Look at Dane, he has gone a long way, if other need a bit a of a push to get things happening then what the hell? There is nothing wrong with these forums imo... I enjoy comming here and enjoy looking at the things that pop up in the Studio Section. You can't say nothing is happening, why does it have to be a finished map? Whats wrong with a skinned moddle? A beutiful picture taken by Timo? Who cares, it is something.

Good things will come, but you can't just sit around for them to happen, you gotta go out of your way and make them happen.

Also... bye Zeph.

Masterz1337
December 3rd, 2008, 01:03 AM
Sorry to see you go Zeph, I know some of my more recent posts may make that sound false but I do like you the majority of the time, and I hope you realize the posts I made are nothing personal.

Best of luck.

Stormwing
December 3rd, 2008, 01:13 AM
Modacity is just a random place I go to when I'm bored nowadays. Doesn't feel like all that much happens around here.
But in the end this community is primarily a CE one, and as much as we might try to keep it going, CE will eventually be abandoned by most people. And as such, this community probably won't expand very much anytime soon. It really doesnt seem like there's any reason to come here save to chat with the same little group over and over again, and we're not going anywhere. The constant negative attitudes don't help much either.

tl;dr - stagnation due to lots of reasons.

also the above may not be very readable because i am totally fucking tired.

and zeph: see you on eve then. o7

n00b1n8R
December 3rd, 2008, 01:27 AM
Did Zeph ever actually make anything?

Although he did raze some more than valid points, I still say good riddance to a shit mod.

rossmum
December 3rd, 2008, 01:29 AM
Yes, Zeph actually did make things.

And yeah, this place is getting a bit shit

Timo
December 3rd, 2008, 01:34 AM
Lets try to keep it civil here - no need to start taking pot shots. Sad to see you go man, been good working with you.

mR_r0b0to
December 3rd, 2008, 02:42 AM
i'll cya in eve o7

ExAm
December 3rd, 2008, 02:54 AM
Have a good time in RL, you overzealous ass, you :downs:

DaneO'Roo
December 3rd, 2008, 04:30 AM
Zeph your point about new users and art doesn't really work with me. I got flamed that my work was shit by whole bunches of people when I first started, the difference is that I'm one of the ones who persisted and listened, yet was aware.

What I think is why don't we turn this community into an art community, and really pump out the links and tutorials and get everyone creating. Seriously, some of you people could be absolute naturals at it, and you'll never know because you have never tried.

FluffyDucky™
December 3rd, 2008, 04:54 AM
Optimistic post is optimistic. Good to see people exploring possibilities! More of you should. :)

Seriously, some of you people could be absolute naturals at it, and you'll never know because you have never tried.

^This. And yes dane, your point about when you were starting off is a very good example. You listened, you learned, you most likely got a bit of help and now look where you are.

You are one of those people who don't just sit there and expect mind blowing things to come out of no where. You are one of those people who actually realize it doesn't work like that... and then you go out and make it happen yourself. You've come far... and there is always room for improvement, no one is perfect.

DaneO'Roo
December 3rd, 2008, 05:03 AM
Yes, Zeph actually did make things.

And yeah, this place is getting a bit shit

The place started getting shit coincidentally when Tweek started getting banned.

Timo
December 3rd, 2008, 05:27 AM
He had more infractions than anyone else has on this forum - 30.

all i saw was BOOHOOHOHOHOHOH CRAI CRAI CRAI

well gee, big fucking careface, i'm sure everyone here gives a shit about what your little prwogwammy looks like.

i'd also like to point out that your post, being not only very constructive, it is also totally not irellevant and very usefull to the topic at hand.

gtfo.

it's good to see you've fallen back into your old habits, you failure you.

enjoy rolling in your own shit hunter.

You honestly can't tell me he's what's missing in this forum http://sa.tweek.us/emots/images/emot-psyduck.gif

CN3089
December 3rd, 2008, 05:32 AM

You honestly can't tell me he's what's missing in this forum http://sa.tweek.us/emots/images/emot-psyduck.gif

What's missing is Veegie. As the replacement super mod. http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c251/CN3089/Emoticons/awesomebert.gif

Hotrod
December 3rd, 2008, 06:40 AM

Exactly, even though he might have made things better at times, he's also done many things against other members, as shown. If people don't get that insulting and disrespecting members is actually a bad thing to do, then they should suffer the consequences.

t3h m00kz
December 3rd, 2008, 06:54 AM
Jesus tits cheesy vaginas, I SMELL REVOLUTION

Stormwing
December 3rd, 2008, 11:17 AM
What I think is why don't we turn this community into an art community, and really pump out the links and tutorials and get everyone creating.
There's a good idea. Make The Studio the...main place, and focus on creating a strong art-based community with a video game modding as part of it. It seems like there aren't many places where traditional art and video games really get to combine, and IMO traditional art + video games = awesome.

Jelly
December 3rd, 2008, 01:01 PM
Disable rep, get some more unbiased mods like Timo and Phopojijo. And tpblind.

Phopojijo
December 3rd, 2008, 01:46 PM
There's a fine line between unbiased and fair... no-one is unbiased.

Not that it's honestly relevant because I know what you meant, but yea.

Bodzilla
December 3rd, 2008, 02:10 PM
Disable rep, get some more unbiased mods like Timo and Phopojijo. And tpblind.
y0.

ExAm
December 3rd, 2008, 04:27 PM

You honestly can't tell me he's what's missing in this forum http://sa.tweek.us/emots/images/emot-psyduck.gifTweek is a bigoted asshole tbh.

Phopojijo
December 3rd, 2008, 04:36 PM
Guys seriously... relax... one more time and I'll need to lock this.

Pooky
December 3rd, 2008, 04:38 PM

Wait, someone had more infractions than me?

StankBacon
December 3rd, 2008, 04:44 PM
at least it's not like [HIV] forums. No offense Bacon, the forums are great to muck around in but it has gone a long way down the drain from what it used to be. These forums still have a great community no matter what people say... also have people to control the bullshit that tends to go on.

comparing these forums with hiv forums is pretty silly.

this is supposed to be some professional modding website, while hiv is a clan forum, with no purpose really.

pretty much everything zeph said is true, this website will never go anywhere, especially with the current owners/admins/mods.

FlyingStone
December 3rd, 2008, 04:44 PM
I'm just as surprised as pooky is. :)

See ya later Zeph.

Phopojijo
December 3rd, 2008, 04:49 PM
pretty much everything zeph said is true, this website will never go anywhere, especially with the current owners/admins/mods.Yeah... that's not true.

NullZero
December 3rd, 2008, 05:01 PM
How do you know that a source project is not going to come up? People need to be more optimistic... even if this place is going to the shit, at least it's not like [HIV] forums. No offense Bacon, the forums are great to muck around in but it has gone a long way down the drain from what it used to be. These forums still have a great community no matter what people say... also have people to control the bullshit that tends to go on.

I would police HIV forums much stricter, but then we would have no more posters :\

Zeph, didn't really know you much but make the most of future life.

Zilla, dane, or ducky for mod !
Oh, and blind :).

StankBacon
December 3rd, 2008, 05:04 PM
Yeah... that's not true.

sorry, it is.

cheezdue
December 3rd, 2008, 05:06 PM
This website can't go to shit. Ive so many great things around here that inspire me to create 3d models. Sure some users here don't finish their work, but it shows how creativity this community has.

bobbysoon
December 3rd, 2008, 05:19 PM
I deserved my infraction, and I appreciate you reversing it after I apologized. You're ok in my book

Phopojijo
December 3rd, 2008, 06:22 PM
sorry, it is.Don't want to derail Zeph's leaving thread... but you don't know what's going on behind the scenes.

FlyingStone
December 3rd, 2008, 07:04 PM
We are getting into the p0rnz biz right?

Right?

p0lar_bear
December 3rd, 2008, 07:05 PM
We are getting into the p0rnz biz right?

Right?

GET OUT OF MY PM INBOX :maddowns:

PlasbianX
December 3rd, 2008, 07:17 PM
GET OUT OF MY PM INBOX :maddowns:

Stop PMing teekup then!

ICEE
December 3rd, 2008, 07:30 PM
E: Fuck it I retract my statement. Not worth it

Bodzilla
December 3rd, 2008, 07:31 PM
Stop PMing teekup then!
Yeah plas!

or someone you think is teekup :-3

Corndogman
December 3rd, 2008, 09:08 PM
pretty much everything zeph said is true, this website will never go anywhere, especially with the current owners/admins/mods.

It's not the people, just their actions. This place has the potential to go somewhere but someone needs to do something about it for it to happen.

t3h m00kz
December 3rd, 2008, 10:12 PM
Well, I mean, a person is defined by their actions. If a person's actions don't change, it's probably time to look for another person. And from what I understand this has been going on for a while now. Correct me if I'm wrong

n00b1n8R
December 4th, 2008, 01:50 AM
Wait, someone had more infractions than me?
Those are the exact words I thought too. o/

`CaSs!~
December 4th, 2008, 05:04 PM
Nah... you were just dancing on the line... much like Snafu.

The problem is if I wait for it to *cross* the line, people will wonder why infractions fly around.

The point of moderating is to point out what is heading in the wrong direction before it arrives there. It's much like good parenting... however that's a bad example as most people are shitty parents.

Letting the Red and Yellow fly around places barriers on "Bad things".

... Contrary to popular belief that is not ideal.

The best thing to do is to point out what's wrong and let people learn to not even head in the bad directions in the first place. Sure it takes a lot more patience... but teach a man to fish... you know.

That's something that many people just simply don't understand.

A successful moderator (or parent) is someone who teaches their members (or children) to make the correct choices in life... not one who blocks all the bad ones.

Edit: Fixed typos... belief not believe... and teaches not teachers. Also underlined patience as it's a key point.

http://www.modacity.net/forums/showpost.php?p=322951&postcount=108

I'm guessing that was such a bad thing to say?

The part in quotes ( " " ) refers to a neg rep I got.

BEAUTIFUL USE OF INFRACTION BY ZEPH, I SEE IT DEEPLY IRRITATED YOUR EGOCENTRIC FEELINGS.

Bye Zeph, I won't miss you.

Lastly:

Vista sucks.
Why?
*silence*

There were more than plenty reasons stated by me and others, you are just too ignorant to realize it. Either that, or you are unable to read.

t3h m00kz
December 4th, 2008, 06:43 PM

The first post didn't seem worthy of an infraction, for sure, but the one you just made seems like warning material. Just a heads up.

I wouldn't call vista "bad," some of the features are nice, but the incompatibility and performance is ass. Honestly, I'd prefer a dual boot with Vista available over not having Vista at all... but cheesy vaginas do I love my XP

/off topic

TheGhost
December 5th, 2008, 02:16 AM
All I can say at the present moment is, I'm sad to see you go. =(

It's really hard to find quality people, and I think you definitely are one. It's even harder to get a staff together that will work well together. I'm sorry I let it get to the point it got with you and the rest of the team. I should have tried harder to intervene or resolve things. I know a lot of people will miss you if you leave, so I hope you at least come and post every once in a while. You did a great job as a mod. I hope this isn't goodbye.

Timo
December 5th, 2008, 09:44 AM
http://www.modacity.net/forums/showpost.php?p=322951&postcount=108

I'm guessing that was such a bad thing to say?

The part in quotes ( " " ) refers to a neg rep I got.

BEAUTIFUL USE OF INFRACTION BY ZEPH, I SEE IT DEEPLY IRRITATED YOUR EGOCENTRIC FEELINGS.

Bye Zeph, I won't miss you.

Lastly:

There were more than plenty reasons stated by me and others, you are just too ignorant to realize it. Either that, or you are unable to read.

Come on man, he's stepping down. There's no need for this :|

ShadowSpartan
December 5th, 2008, 10:11 AM
As it seems Polar is intent on keeping me out of the staff at this point, and probably the board itself here soon, I'll just sum it up shortly.
Timo, it sounds like he was forced out and that it was not his choice whether to step down or not.

Timo
December 5th, 2008, 10:48 AM
Well either way he's on his way so there's no need to be a dick.

paladin
December 5th, 2008, 03:30 PM
You should probably lock this thread. I think it has served its purpose.

Phopojijo
December 5th, 2008, 03:56 PM
Agreed.

Atty
July 20th, 2009, 02:38 AM
bumpin' cause i just got repped from this thread whats the deal duders

Atty
July 20th, 2009, 02:43 AM
i unlocked the thread hth

Boba
July 20th, 2009, 02:53 AM
terrible mod loveyouforever

ThePlague
July 20th, 2009, 02:56 AM
Pretty cool shit he did, too bad he left :C

CN3089
July 20th, 2009, 03:00 AM
I still talk with Zeph he seems p chill although he doesn't lose as many carriers as he used to :allears:

Atty
July 20th, 2009, 03:01 AM
still wondering why some kid repped a post from like 2 yearsa ago wtf get on my calender

Heathen
July 20th, 2009, 03:03 AM
I repped because I miss Zeph.

And I love you Atty.

And holy shit that was almost 2 years ago.

Atty
July 20th, 2009, 03:05 AM
how the jesus did you find this thread? Ouija board?

CN3089
July 20th, 2009, 03:06 AM
What's missing is Veegie. As the replacement super mod. http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c251/CN3089/Emoticons/awesomebert.gif

quoting this because i'm down

Atty
July 20th, 2009, 03:09 AM
where was that posted

i bet it was in the admin discussion forum becuase you know, veegie is the only choice for the position

CN3089
July 20th, 2009, 03:18 AM
where was that posted

i bet it was in the admin discussion forum becuase you know, veegie is the only choice for the position

if only there was some sort of link to the post when you quote it.. :ohdear:

Bodzilla
July 20th, 2009, 03:18 AM
you trying to give me a heart attack!

for a minute i thought our dearest departed was back!

Heathen
July 20th, 2009, 03:20 AM

I know :{
I thought the same thing and I am the one that repped him :{

I actually went through and reread this whole thread, gave some +'s and -'s.

And then googled Zeph to no avail.

CN3089
July 20th, 2009, 03:25 AM

4:14 - Zeph: christ, I accidentally changed the password in pidgen and cant remember what it is
4:14 - [CHAOS PYROS] brosef:
http://www.modacity.net/forums/picture.php?albumid=1&pictureid=250http://www.modacity.net/forums/picture.php?albumid=1&pictureid=250http://www.modacity.net/forums/picture.php?albumid=1&pictureid=250_____http://www.modacity.net/forums/picture.php?albumid=1&pictureid=250http://www.modacity.net/forums/picture.php?albumid=1&pictureid=250http://www.modacity.net/forums/picture.php?albumid=1&pictureid=250_____http://www.modacity.net/forums/picture.php?albumid=1&pictureid=250
http://www.modacity.net/forums/picture.php?albumid=1&pictureid=250__..http://www.modacity.net/forums/picture.php?albumid=1&pictureid=250_____http://www.modacity.net/forums/picture.php?albumid=1&pictureid=250__..__._____http://www.modacity.net/forums/picture.php?albumid=1&pictureid=250
http://www.modacity.net/forums/picture.php?albumid=1&pictureid=250__..http://www.modacity.net/forums/picture.php?albumid=1&pictureid=250_____http://www.modacity.net/forums/picture.php?albumid=1&pictureid=250http://www.modacity.net/forums/picture.php?albumid=1&pictureid=250http://www.modacity.net/forums/picture.php?albumid=1&pictureid=250__.__http://www.modacity.net/forums/picture.php?albumid=1&pictureid=250
http://www.modacity.net/forums/picture.php?albumid=1&pictureid=250__..http://www.modacity.net/forums/picture.php?albumid=1&pictureid=250_______..._..http://www.modacity.net/forums/picture.php?albumid=1&pictureid=250____.http://www.modacity.net/forums/picture.php?albumid=1&pictureid=250
http://www.modacity.net/forums/picture.php?albumid=1&pictureid=250http://www.modacity.net/forums/picture.php?albumid=1&pictureid=250http://www.modacity.net/forums/picture.php?albumid=1&pictureid=250_____http://www.modacity.net/forums/picture.php?albumid=1&pictureid=250http://www.modacity.net/forums/picture.php?albumid=1&pictureid=250http://www.modacity.net/forums/picture.php?albumid=1&pictureid=250_____http://www.modacity.net/forums/picture.php?albumid=1&pictureid=250

NuggetWarmer
July 20th, 2009, 03:25 AM
why is this thread back

oh

n00b1n8R
July 20th, 2009, 04:01 AM
I actually thought he was a p shit mod.
Though he was still better than shitlash.

ultama121
July 20th, 2009, 06:04 AM
I thought he was a fine mod... uhh wait why did we bump this?

TheGhost
July 20th, 2009, 09:40 AM
All right guys. I'm locking this again.

SnaFuBAR
July 20th, 2009, 03:30 PM
Hey, posting in a locked Zeph thread because he'd have a heart attack if he knew i were mod :haw: