PDA

View Full Version : God Damn Boot Sequence

paladin
December 5th, 2008, 01:25 PM
For some reason, every time I have something plugged into a usb port on my computer, it fucks up my boot sequence. For example: I just got a new tablet, and when I tried to start my computer this morning, it sat at a black screen for 30 minutes before I realized something was wrong. So I restarted and the same thing, though I only waited about 2 minutes. I went into the BIOS and looked at the boot sequence and for some reason it was changed to boot from my tablet. This happened to me before with my printer. After changing it and restart it worked fine, but I wanted to test to see if it would stay, even though I saved the settings. I restart and BAM, black screen. For some reason, anything that pluged into my usb ports on my mother board changes my boot sequene. I assume it has to do with the motherboad, but can someone tell me what the problem is and/or if it is fixable?

I have MSI PN7 Platinum 680i Sli mother board.

This that change the boot sequence:

WACOM Bamboo Tablet
Western Digital External HDD
HP Photosmart Printer

Haloking365
December 5th, 2008, 04:55 PM
You need to change the default boot order in the BIOS.

To do that:

When your computer first starts(before it shows windows loading), either press F2 or F12. This will open the BIOS. Navigate to the boot sequence tab and find boot order. You can manually change these values yourself. Change the first (usually the top one) to HDD, and you should be good from there.

Cortexian
December 7th, 2008, 01:20 AM
Usually the best solution is:

1) CD Drive.
2) Hard Drive.
3) Other shit.

Timo
December 7th, 2008, 01:42 AM
Guys he's saying that when he adds the stuff it changes his boot sequence, not that it's borked in the first place.