PDA

View Full Version : Wacked Out Videos

Heathen
December 6th, 2008, 05:28 PM
WHAT
THE
FUCK
G4

I know I was late to the party but I have tried to hang on as long as I could.

I have been with G4 since it was ZDTV. Shortly after I got into ZDTV they changed to TechTV but were still faithfully good.

Things started going to shit slowly and then it just got worse. G4TechTV was a bit much and started getting a little bullshitty. G4 is now almost complete and utter bullshit.

I am now quitting G4.

And fyi Ziff,

354>310

Mass
December 6th, 2008, 05:36 PM
Yeah, pretty much.

I like the movies they're showing now, though. It's an improvement on twenty-four hour ninja warrior. Wish they had more to show.

Heathen
December 6th, 2008, 05:45 PM
All I ever watch lately is AOTS and X-play if I dont feel like hating it that day.

And I hardly watch either recently.

ima_from_America
December 6th, 2008, 05:50 PM
I stopped watching G4 after X-Play introduced their "Pepsi Pick of the Week".

thehoodedsmack
December 6th, 2008, 05:54 PM
AoTS is like watching the Off-Topic forums in real life... =_=

X-Play WAS a copy and paste of 99% of the online reviews of the game, combined with the occasional comedy skit (which was BAD to begin with). But now it's becoming more and more like AoTS with a game segment... =_=

All the other programming is pretty much a waste of space as well, but they don't broadcast most of it on the Canadian version! >:P

LlamaMaster
December 6th, 2008, 06:01 PM
It's suffering from MTV syndrome. Slowly everything related to games is being filtered out to make room for generic bullshit. In itself, some of the shows are okay (Ninja Warrior, Unbeatable Banzuke, and even Human Wreaking balls is somewhat interesting), but when compared to what the network is supposed to show, G4 sucks gigantic hairy donkey dick. Give it a few years and everything will be a reality show. (sup MTV)

cheezdue
December 6th, 2008, 06:02 PM
AOTS is the only good surviving left on G4. I got pissed when they moved Lost to a later time at night.

mech
December 6th, 2008, 06:25 PM
I've always hated G4 TV, the only good thing on that channel is COPS and that show with the chinks jumping over shit.

Heathen
December 6th, 2008, 06:26 PM
It's suffering from MTV syndrome.
qft

I've always hated G4 TV, the only good thing on that channel is COPS and that show with the chinks jumping over shit.
Cops and Ninja Warrior were never on G4tv

Saggy
December 6th, 2008, 06:37 PM
I live in Canada and G4 isn't hat bad, like you said. The only shitty show on there that I've seen is Codemonkeys. Everything else, like Reviews on the Run, Electric Playground, X-Play, and The Lab with Leo Laporte or w/e are mainly the shows that are always on. Oh and Happy Tree Friends, don't know if that's still on though.

English Mobster
December 6th, 2008, 06:47 PM
Leo doesn't run on our G4, sadly.
I miss him.

Donut
December 6th, 2008, 07:09 PM
Oh and Happy Tree Friends, don't know if that's still on though.
holy fucking shit, that played that on tv? jesus christ nobody tells me anything. does anyone know if thats still on?

cheezdue
December 6th, 2008, 07:12 PM
Last time I saw Happy Tree Friends was on AOTS. But that was almost a year ago.

Heathen
December 6th, 2008, 07:47 PM
Dude. Canada is sucking less now.

Also, I actually am okay with code monkies.

ExAm
December 6th, 2008, 10:05 PM
You might be thinking of Spike, which has wildest police videos and MXC.

mech
December 6th, 2008, 10:08 PM
I like spike TV , they always have breasts on. I was thinking of channel G4, not G4 tv then I guess.

Heathen
December 6th, 2008, 10:26 PM
No, G4tv was the older version.

And ExAm, judging by your reaction you arent aware that Cops and Ninja Warrior play on US G4.

Its bullshit.

ExAm
December 7th, 2008, 05:13 AM
All I saw was "It doesn't run on" in one post and my faux ADD kicked in :v:

Amit
December 7th, 2008, 10:24 PM
I miss him.

He's helpful, but boring. What happened to that hot British bitch with huge fucking tits? She got replaced by that scrawny Briana McIvor dude.

I live in Canada and G4 isn't hat bad, like you said. The only shitty show on there that I've seen is Codemonkeys. Everything else, like Reviews on the Run, Electric Playground, X-Play, and The Lab with Leo Laporte or w/e are mainly the shows that are always on. Oh and Happy Tree Friends, don't know if that's still on though.

ARE YOU SHITTING ME? Happy Tree Friends showed here? WHEN? I'm in the GTA and that stuff never shows. It used to be Leo Laporte shows 24/7 but now it's pretty much AOTS 24/7. AOTS is good and funny, though. What's wrong with it? I find most of X-Play's reviews crappy and vague. Sesslar and Webb will hate a game's mechanics so much that they fail to see anything else good in the game, be it story or art style/graphics, and then, they just mock it.

Phopojijo
December 7th, 2008, 10:35 PM
I miss him.http://live.twit.tv/

He has ~30 hours per week of self-made content... click the "Twit Live" logo to see his schedule (he's going on vacation for 2 weeks in about a week)

They have an IRC chat at irc://irc.dslextreme.com/#twitlive

He is also attempting to hire Sarah Lane... Martin Sargent also pops in every once in a while.
Patrick Norton appears every once in a while on Sundays... Steve Gibson every Wednesday...

Saggy
December 7th, 2008, 10:48 PM
ARE YOU SHITTING ME? Happy Tree Friends showed here? WHEN? I'm in the GTA and that stuff never shows. It used to be Leo Laporte shows 24/7 but now it's pretty much AOTS 24/7. AOTS is good and funny, though. What's wrong with it? I find most of X-Play's reviews crappy and vague. Sesslar and Webb will hate a game's mechanics so much that they fail to see anything else good in the game, be it story or art style/graphics, and then, they just mock it.
Happy Tree Friends USED to be on at exactly midnight EST, but it got lifted from their schedule sadly :(

Also, I've never actually watched an episode of Attack of the Show, but Happy Tree Friends used to have a segment on their as well every Monday and Friday at 7:00PM EST. Don't know if that has changed though, but I'm guessing it has seeing as none of you have seen it.

Heathen
December 7th, 2008, 11:31 PM
I miss sarah lane

Phopojijo
December 8th, 2008, 12:00 AM
Like I said, since she was fired from Revision3, she's more-than-likely going to be hired by Leo Laporte for his Twit (live/streaming)(video/audio) broadcast network. Twit.tv (live.twit.tv for the live stuff)

She's already been trained, Leo's just waiting on the Yay-or-Nay for a contract with DirecTV.

Zombie Bait
December 11th, 2008, 05:27 PM
Ah, I've only had G4 for about a year, some of its good, some of its crap. Xplay is a good show. So is ninja warrior. Oh yeah, movies that don't suck. I saw a small bit of Pee Wees big adventure, or whatever its called. Overall, its an ok station. Something I like to watch.

Heathen
December 29th, 2008, 02:28 AM
its past was great imo.