PDA

View Full Version : Ello thur :)

KiLLa
December 8th, 2008, 01:02 PM
So I've been gone for ages, and I have a few questions about whats gone on since I left the scene...

First, does anyone actually PLAY anymore, or is it basically a mod community now?
What kind of neato utils have the community made since I've been gone?
What happened to Yelo, and Prometheus, and all those other cool stuffs that was in devolpment before?
Anyone do anything like new? or just the same stuff in different ways?
Any innovations, or anything like that?
anyone making thing BESIDES h2/h3 mods?
and what's the deal with all these damn accronyms floating around!! H3MT H3T H3CE R2D2 C3PO....
anywhoo, just hadta ask a few questions to get me up to date :)

ShadowSpartan
December 8th, 2008, 01:09 PM
First, does anyone actually PLAY anymore, or is it basically a mod community now?
I hardly play myself, only when we beta stuff. As for the modding community...nothing has really happened that is exciting.

What kind of neato utils have the community made since I've been gone?
Open Sauce was released by Kornman, allows multi-team vehicles, and developers can use it to edit stuff in the engine.

What happened to Yelo, and Prometheus, and all those other cool stuffs that was in devolpment before?
Haha, Prometheus. You really think that is ever going to come out?

Anyone do anything like new? or just the same stuff in different ways?
Any innovations, or anything like that?
anyone making thing BESIDES h2/h3 mods?
Rob's mod, Bridge CE. I think that was put on hold though.

and what's the deal with all these damn accronyms floating around!! H3MT H3T H3CE R2D2 C3PO....
C3PO and R2D2...interesting acronyms. Wonder if they are making a Star Wars mod :p.

LlamaMaster
December 8th, 2008, 01:12 PM
Holy hell it's Killa.

Ki11a_FTW
December 8th, 2008, 01:49 PM
good to see you again

KiLLa
December 8th, 2008, 02:11 PM
haha, I figured that about prometheus...
But I'mma have to check out Open Sauce..Indeedly
And I guess 1.08 has caused quiet the split in the player base eh?
And what happened to all the "old timers"
is rec0 alive, what happened to Steelix, and where's Mr.Ghosty?
Have all the cool kids vacated HCE since I left?

Syuusuke
December 8th, 2008, 03:40 PM
Ghost is here and alive, hovering over you in your sleep.

Steelix, damn I haven't heard from that guy.

rec0 = rosco, find him.

basically, yea.
---
There's a huge amount of 1.00 players compared to 1.08 D:

StankBacon
December 8th, 2008, 03:44 PM
sup killa :D

LlamaMaster
December 8th, 2008, 04:06 PM
Most of the "cool kids" are still here, but nothing ever gets finished and they mainly just dick around in the off topic forums.

Rosco
December 8th, 2008, 04:12 PM
Ghost is here and alive, hovering over you in your sleep.

Steelix, damn I haven't heard from that guy.

rec0 = rosco, find him.

basically, yea.
---
There's a huge amount of 1.00 players compared to 1.08 D:

god damn conspiracies

they got around quick :embarrassed:

How ya doin bro, my aim has been left in the dust from 06 :(

Rob Oplawar
December 8th, 2008, 04:14 PM
hm, for some strange reason I assumed kiLLa was the same person as ki11a. silly me for making such an unjustified assumption.

ODX
December 8th, 2008, 04:15 PM
Anyone do anything like new? or just the same stuff in different ways?DMT has some cool stuff. They've made an overhead Halo. So far there's a sort of Hang 'Em High floor one, and the middle of Timberland. The camera is locked on an overhead view. It's innovative :P
Edit: Oh, and Sciophobia, if you haven't already checked that out.

Inferno
December 8th, 2008, 04:20 PM
Since were on the subject of my maps.....

These are my Gimmicky/Innovative maps
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=4114 <-recent, like 2 months ago
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=3820 <-released half way through last summer
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=3297 <-my 3rd(?) map ever

Yeah I know I'm a whore.

edit-
Also Ive got Project Thor (which I'm pimping in my sig) and the 2 year old project IMP (Infernal Map Pack) both reaching the final stages of development.

KiLLa
December 10th, 2008, 02:09 PM
Some pretty neat stuff there, and I see RosCo and Baconface still are alive :)
and No..I am not the same person as that guy..I'm cooler :cool:
Anywho, Its nice to see some fimular faces still in the scene :)
maybe if I hada better video card(9200SE), I'd get back into it XD
ah well tho, at least someones doing something somewhere XD

Timo
December 10th, 2008, 02:32 PM
Oh hey, it's KiLLa. I remember Killa1 being the best map out. Needed more gun that shot swords from that other map, though :p

You'll be pretty lucky to find any older members still playing Halo CE alive and kicking.

blind
December 10th, 2008, 02:37 PM
Sup

SnaFuBAR
December 10th, 2008, 03:17 PM
oh hey sup killa.

Apoc4lypse
December 10th, 2008, 03:19 PM
Hai

FluffyDucky™
December 10th, 2008, 03:43 PM
Sup KiLLa! Lmao, where teh fook you been buddy! I used to play with you all the time! And if I remeber correclty, with Kyle aswell and Timo and the Hivers... ahhh, the good times.. :(

D:

Sadface.

There's a few of us that still play... Timo you even pop in for a game, but that's rare, lul. Otherwise, Conscars, Texrat, Cheefa, Bacon, Jelly, Elf, Warty (or [CAF]Deluxe) and I play often enough. There's more "new" kids that have pretty much taken the spot light now in CE but it's not dead just yet. :)

dg
December 10th, 2008, 04:11 PM
Hey there.

NullZero
December 10th, 2008, 05:20 PM
Hi Killa

FRain
December 10th, 2008, 05:44 PM
Sup KiLLa! Lmao, where teh fook you been buddy! I used to play with you all the time! And if I remeber correclty, with Kyle aswell and Timo and the Hivers... ahhh, the good times.. :(

D:

Sadface.

There's a few of us that still play... Timo you even pop in for a game, but that's rare, lul. Otherwise, Conscars, Texrat, Cheefa, Bacon, Jelly, Elf, Warty (or [CAF]Deluxe) and I play often enough. There's more "new" kids that have pretty much taken the spot light now in CE but it's not dead just yet. :)

And me :P. I'm old. And, where do you see Texrat? I haven't seen him in a long ass time.

Also, sup KiLLa.

KiLLa
December 10th, 2008, 05:45 PM
haha! so now all the fimular faces pop out the woodwork :)
ah I remember when them days timo..haha the good ol days, when energy swords shooting other energy swords was "amazing" haha..good times
And I've been busy jammin out on my geetar pretty much, but if I manage ta find ya ina server Ducky, I'll be sure to tk and corpse rape you like old times :)
So what version do most of the "old timers" use?
I wouldn't mind popin ina game and pwnin some newbs..haha
Are there any good dedis running?
whos mr flamingrain anywho? I don't recall you..unless you were under a diff alias.. hmm

FluffyDucky™
December 10th, 2008, 05:48 PM
Come play now! Yes there is, HCEL server, rec0's app still running!! Lets gogogo! :D

FRain
December 10th, 2008, 05:48 PM
haha! so now all the fimular faces pop out the woodwork :)
ah I remember when them days timo..haha the good ol days, when energy swords shooting other energy swords was "amazing" haha..good times
And I've been busy jammin out on my geetar pretty much, but if I manage ta find ya ina server Ducky, I'll be sure to tk and corpse rape you like old times :)
So what version do most of the "old timers" use?
I wouldn't mind popin ina game and pwnin some newbs..haha
Are there any good dedis running?
whos mr flamingrain anywho? I don't recall you..unless you were under a diff alias.. hmm

Yes. Halo2hCE and WViper, the annoying 10 year old..... :)

KiLLa
December 10th, 2008, 05:49 PM
haha ina bit..once my gf's lunch break is over maaybe I'll hop in for a bit...
1.08 I'm pressuming?

OOOHH youuu, haha you probally woulda been better off not revealing that..lawl
I kid, good to see even 10 year olds(with short attention spans) still play HCE...haha I kid I kid

FRain
December 10th, 2008, 05:54 PM
Yeah, I'm 14 now, so it doesn't matter that much, I have a much longer attention span. :P

FluffyDucky™
December 10th, 2008, 05:55 PM
Lmao, still an annoying kid though.. jokes! :)

Gwunty
December 10th, 2008, 07:33 PM
someone enlighten me on who this is, I sorta member him from gearbox.

Syuusuke
December 10th, 2008, 07:50 PM
hypothermia

KiLLa
December 10th, 2008, 07:59 PM
well if ya don't remember me, you probally weren't cool enough to know me!! I kid I kid...
All you gotta do is click the links in my sig to find out how you'd know me...

Gwunty
December 10th, 2008, 08:01 PM
I acctually just lurked way back when :V

Timo
December 10th, 2008, 08:15 PM
He's the guy that didn't release hypothermia for like 5 years.

KiLLa
December 10th, 2008, 08:19 PM
haha it wasn't 5 :|
It was like...2, maybe three?
I dunno...it's not my fault all the kiddies made a giant fuss/hype behind hypo!
I dunno how I ever did anything with halo with my vid card...no wonder I lost intrest XD
But that was all about 3 years ago too.. ohh I see a pattern!

InnerGoat
December 10th, 2008, 09:42 PM
Welcome back killa :woot:

FluffyDucky™
December 11th, 2008, 07:32 AM
Didn't end up playing with you babe. :(

Bad Waffle
December 12th, 2008, 12:45 AM
I MISSED YOU BABY.

I'm doing a halo 1 mod, basically upping the graphics to current gen...the topics kinda lost, but it don't matta, it was on purpose, and you'll like my reason why

KiLLa
December 12th, 2008, 12:49 AM
haha, do I have some homo-erotic sex apeal or somethin? :|

Anywho, I'm curious as to your current project WOL, maybe you could enlighten me sometime?

And ducky, I jumped on the HCEL server today, didn't see anyone fimular...but I got a 78:23(against people who probally just got HCE but hey, it was fun..lawl) ratio XD

Pooky
December 12th, 2008, 01:51 AM

D:

Sadface.

I still play every once in a while and I'm old D:

only thing is I never gave a shit about modding or forums and went by like 50 different aliases during most of my time with Halo :|

FluffyDucky™
December 12th, 2008, 01:58 AM
Well you don't play with me, :( ..

Pooky
December 12th, 2008, 02:01 AM
Well you don't play with me, :( ..

You're only ever on in super late Aussie times, like right now ( 2:00 AM for me :( )

KiLLa
December 12th, 2008, 02:58 AM
I should get xfire to keep in touch with the ones with homo-erotic tendencies...aka ducky...
sorry bout the other day, but vagina trumps old time fuckerfaces :)

FluffyDucky™
December 12th, 2008, 03:05 AM
LOL WTF? Go on xfire now!

Reaper Man
December 12th, 2008, 09:28 AM
Oh wow KiLLa, sup mang.

Rosco
December 15th, 2008, 05:04 AM
Killa is a lies

do i still got your msn killa, i blocked most of em to make it work mates and stuff. ;p

KiLLa
December 15th, 2008, 02:40 PM
I don't still use the same MSN, cause the list was so cluttered with people I don't even talk to...
But I should get Xfire like I said I would, lawl XD

supersniper
December 15th, 2008, 09:11 PM

D:

Sadface.

Meh I'm one of those new kids...

TeeKup
December 15th, 2008, 09:21 PM
THE KiLLa has returned? It seems no one can truley leave the community. Welcome back.

Daishi
December 15th, 2008, 09:33 PM
So, could I have the IP to the "HCEL" server?

DaneO'Roo
December 16th, 2008, 02:32 AM
I was around at gearbox when you were there, but didn't really make much of a splash there. I have a gallery in the studio whenever you wanna check it out. Still CMT'ing, as of late been unreal modding though.

Rosco
December 19th, 2008, 05:53 PM
I don't still use the same MSN, cause the list was so cluttered with people I don't even talk to...
But I should get Xfire like I said I would, lawl XD

Last time I checked we discussed guitars. I'm pretty sure you went somewhere with yours, I didn't. lol. :) Nice to see you again, pm me if you want to chat on msn some time.