http://www.hivclan.net/stuff/lolgta4.wmv

20mb

:(

Heathen
December 8th, 2008, 04:26 PM
look how well it ruins gta4.

Amit
December 8th, 2008, 04:30 PM
why did you have to torture me with that?

StankBacon
December 8th, 2008, 04:31 PM
lewl

p0lar_bear
December 8th, 2008, 04:31 PM
look how well it ruins gta4.

Game doesn't need Bacon's computer to run it to be ruined. :haw:

Higuy
December 8th, 2008, 04:32 PM
:saddowns:

JunkfoodMan
December 8th, 2008, 04:43 PM
WOW. I'm starting to think, how many games look better than this AND run better on PC? I've heard alot of complaints about how Un-optimized the game is.

cheezdue
December 8th, 2008, 04:49 PM
That is a bad frame rate...D:

Syuusuke
December 8th, 2008, 05:02 PM
What settings were you playing on?

LlamaMaster
December 8th, 2008, 05:18 PM
Quit your whining, I play TF2 with less then 20fps...

:(

StankBacon
December 8th, 2008, 05:55 PM
WOW. I'm starting to think, how many games look better than this AND run better on PC? I've heard alot of complaints about how Un-optimized the game is.

yah you need like 1 gig of vram at least to run the game well.

What settings were you playing on?

1024 x 768 all low.

Syuusuke
December 8th, 2008, 06:23 PM
Low...LOW?

What the git.

Limited
December 8th, 2008, 06:32 PM
Bloody hell my ears nearly exploded. Man thats pretty rough stuff, and your pc is incredibly faster than mine, GTA 4 would be impossible on my pc.

Also, $20? you loaded :cool:

StankBacon
December 8th, 2008, 06:34 PM
20$?

the shitty sound is from xfire video, ingame the sound sounds fine.

Limited
December 8th, 2008, 06:36 PM
$20, your ingame balance :)
Yeah thought it was something to do with video capturing.

cheezdue
December 8th, 2008, 06:39 PM
1024 x 768 all low.
Is that the lowest resolution?!:gonk:

StankBacon
December 8th, 2008, 06:54 PM
$20, your ingame balance :)

oh haha, yah i just started and haven't done any missions yet, just driving around.

InnerGoat
December 9th, 2008, 01:08 PM
Wow nice computer :awesome:

Pooky
December 10th, 2008, 12:05 PM
Reminds me of when I tried to play Oblivion on my friends shitty PC >_<

StankBacon
December 10th, 2008, 12:06 PM
>.>

cheezdue
December 10th, 2008, 02:12 PM
Reminds me of when I tried to play Oblivion on my friends shitty PC >_<
Thats how I used to play GTA 3 on my old PC.

flibitijibibo
December 10th, 2008, 02:37 PM
I heard most of the problems have to do with the CPU. When someone benchmarked an 8800GT and a GTX280 on the same CPU, they got almost the same framerate.

I can't imagine graphics being that hard to match when comparing a PC to a 360, but I can totally understand the CPU power this game most likely needs. I mean, how many AI/non-graphic object instances do you think this game runs at once to emulate a city (to avoid loading)? Probably around a metric fuckton or two.

I suppose if the processor only had to deal with GTA rather than an OS/all that crap, it would scale much better.

Hotrod
December 10th, 2008, 02:55 PM
I wouldn't quite call that running, maybe...struggling? Hoping? Dreaming?

What are your specs anyway?

ultama121
December 10th, 2008, 03:20 PM
GOOD GRAPHICS.

SnaFuBAR
December 10th, 2008, 03:30 PM
gross, bro

InnerGoat
December 10th, 2008, 03:47 PM
Sorry about your game,

Bossniak
December 10th, 2008, 07:16 PM
Sucks. I run it well.

343guiltymc
December 10th, 2008, 08:04 PM
Drivers for ATI for GTA IV are already released I think.

StankBacon
December 11th, 2008, 02:39 AM
and they don't do shit.

Wakeboy1337
December 11th, 2008, 09:10 AM
Runs better than mine

jcap
December 11th, 2008, 02:16 PM
You should have heard me talking on AIM to Dr about this. I was exploding because of how much of a bullshit port this game was. And we thought there couldn't have been a worse port than H2V...

All on low, with even a low resolution, the game stutters unbelievably. The graphics blow dick because of how blurry and "noisy" everything looks, especially when it comes to the shadows.

It's a fucking joke that you need to run the Rockstar app, run the game, wait for the Social Club screen to load, and then wait another minute after clicking the play button for the actual game to load. This is absolutely hideous.

To me what is most sad is how I can play Crysis with better settings and a better framerate than this piece of shit game.

Wakeboy1337
December 11th, 2008, 02:48 PM
I sure hope they release some kind of update quick, This game would rape if it was a decent port.

Varmint260
December 13th, 2008, 01:30 AM
I had heard that the PC version runs absolutely horrible on anything other than a built-in-the-last-couple-of-months gaming rig. Dang! I bet my computer could run GTA IV worse than yours, though! Wait, no it wouldn't. It wouldn't even start I bet. At least the console versions work.

p0lar_bear
December 13th, 2008, 03:43 AM
I had heard that the PC version runs absolutely horrible on anything other than a built-in-the-last-couple-of-months gaming rig. Dang! I bet my computer could run GTA IV worse than yours, though! Wait, no it wouldn't. It wouldn't even start I bet. At least the console versions work.

On top of that, I've heard just how BLOATED the game is and what you need to have to play it.

If you purchase it through Steam, of course you need your STEAM ID. Then, since the game is a G4WL title, you need a LIVE account. Then lastly, you need a membership with Rockstar Social Club. In order to play, you need to be logged into all three networks, which means you need to be running three different processes in addition to the game.

Jesus Christ, Rockstar, pick one fucking network. Perhaps they should have made just the retail version use R* Social and LIVE, and the Steam version just use Steam.

Also, don't forget the fact that all version need SecuROM.

Pooky
December 13th, 2008, 03:46 AM
On top of that, I've heard just how BLOATED the game is and what you need to have to play it.

If you purchase it through Steam, of course you need your STEAM ID. Then, since the game is a G4WL title, you need a LIVE account. Then lastly, you need a membership with Rockstar Social Club. In order to play, you need to be logged into all three networks, which means you need to be running three different processes in addition to the game.

Jesus Christ, Rockstar, pick one fucking network. Perhaps they should have made just the retail version use R* Social and LIVE, and the Steam version just use Steam.

Also, don't forget the fact that all version need SecuROM.

Remember, PC gamers are criminals.