PDA

View Full Version : Decision time...

Corndogman
December 11th, 2008, 07:27 PM
So Christmas is rolling around, and I've gotta make a decision on which game I should ask for. I already know I'm asking for Mirrors edge and Far cry 2, but there will be a third. Right now I'm trying to decide between Prince of Persia, and Left 4 Dead.

Left 4 Dead:
The reviews are saying that left for dead only has about 2 hours of campaign, but its very good and can be played through many times. I really like a good campaign but I'm not sure if It would be worth getting it because I'm not sure how much I would wanna play it again.

Prince of Persia:
I've always been a Prince of Persia fan, but I'm not sure I'll like this new story/gameplay/art style. I've heard good and bad, but I want your opinions on if its worth playing or not.

Other, specify in post.

So what do you think? Does Left for have enough replay value to be worth the money? Is the new Prince of Persia style fun and worth playing?

CN3089
December 11th, 2008, 07:39 PM
Left 4 Dead:
The reviews are saying that left for dead only has about 2 hours of campaign,

The reviews are wrong. Get L4D.

343guiltymc
December 11th, 2008, 08:07 PM
It's more like 6 hours from what I've heard.

Corndogman
December 11th, 2008, 08:12 PM
one of the reviews I saw said there were four different "levels" that only took like 30 min each. But each time you play the level it plays out differently, so you get a lot of replay out of it.

ultama121
December 11th, 2008, 08:22 PM
Left 4 Dead. Easily. Seriously, don't get Prince of Persia. Don't... don't.

paladin
December 11th, 2008, 09:00 PM
Left 4 Dead... Did you really have to ask? I have never been a real fan of the Prince of Persia. I saw a demo of the new one at PAX and wans't too impressed. I have Left 4 Dead on the xbox and love it. It's pretty short but the replayablility of it is good. Also, expert is some-what challenging on some chapters.

Corndogman
December 11th, 2008, 09:16 PM
The Sands of Time Trilogy of PoP was awesome. Buuut I guess I'll have to go with L4d here. I figured that would win, but I just wanted to find out what people think.

paladin
December 12th, 2008, 12:22 AM
Seriously, good choice. You won't regret it.

Amit
December 12th, 2008, 12:23 AM
The person who chose PoP probably feels like an idiot.

Cortexian
December 12th, 2008, 03:16 AM
It was jngrow.

(what an idiot).

(Left 4 Dead is awesome).

Anton
December 12th, 2008, 04:58 AM
Left 4 Dead is awesome, but I don't like it for the 360. Only on steam shall I slay thy zombies.

Zombie Bait
December 12th, 2008, 04:02 PM
Left 4 Dead=Super Fun Game!
Trust me, I have the demo, its amazing. The game should be better than the demo.

Pooky
December 12th, 2008, 04:18 PM
Left 4 Dead=Super Fun Game!
Trust me, I have the demo, its amazing. The game should be better than the demo.

Well actually everything other than the demo bits is a single endless white hallway with no enemies.

Limited
December 12th, 2008, 06:07 PM
Is the demo on XBL?

=sw=warlord
December 12th, 2008, 06:48 PM
Is the demo on XBL?
Not anymore unfortunitly.

Corndogman
December 13th, 2008, 11:19 AM
Wish I had known there was a demo :(

Well to each his own, if he likes the game then that's his preference.

Left 4 Dead is awesome, but I don't like it for the 360. Only on steam shall I slay thy zombies.

I wish I could get it for PC, unfortunately my specs aren't good enough.

blind
December 13th, 2008, 02:05 PM
So Christmas is rolling around, and I've gotta make a decision on which game I should ask for. I already know I'm asking for Mirrors edge and Far cry 2, but there will be a third. Right now I'm trying to decide between Prince of Persia, and Left 4 Dead.

Left 4 Dead:
The reviews are saying that left for dead only has about 2 hours of campaign, but its very good and can be played through many times. I really like a good campaign but I'm not sure if It would be worth getting it because I'm not sure how much I would wanna play it again.

Prince of Persia:
I've always been a Prince of Persia fan, but I'm not sure I'll like this new story/gameplay/art style. I've heard good and bad, but I want your opinions on if its worth playing or not.

Other, specify in post.

So what do you think? Does Left for have enough replay value to be worth the money? Is the new Prince of Persia style fun and worth playing?Christmas is meant for giving, not receiving.

paladin
December 13th, 2008, 03:51 PM
Christmas is meant for giving, not receiving.

Lol, no.