PDA

View Full Version : Help.

supersniper
December 28th, 2008, 01:11 AM
Well I just reformatted my hard drive because I was sick of all the errors I got when I upgraded to vista.
Especially that random blue black screen of death, which didn't let me log on anymore...

So yeah, I installed XP back and everything is running fine but here's the question, I need to install an anti virus program, mine used to be AOL Active Virus Shielding (here's a review of it in case you don't remember it: http://www.webuser.co.uk/products/AOL_Active_Virus_Shield_review_3350-200.html) run by Kaspersky but when AOL dropped it I didn't want suckish McAfee so I went to AVG because I didn't want to pay, but I now realize that AVG things EVERYTHING is a virus so I was wondering if I should buy Kaspersky Anti virus 2009 because in my opinion they are the best or should I search for another free one.

Please help.

PS: Can someone change the thread title to Anti virus help please. For some reason Anti virus didn't show...

DrunkenSamus
December 28th, 2008, 08:55 PM
Whatever you do, don't get Norton.

BobtheGreatII
December 28th, 2008, 09:16 PM
I've never had a single problem with AVG. Don't know what your major malfunction is...

Reaper Man
December 28th, 2008, 09:39 PM
Use Avast, it's great, I haven't had any problems and it's detected and prevented me from opening a fair few dodgy files.

supersniper
December 29th, 2008, 10:41 AM
Well AVG for me always thought Haloce.exe and halo.exe were keyloggers...

But yeah I went and tried Avast thanks.