PDA

View Full Version : Speaker Fail

TeeKup
December 29th, 2008, 10:19 AM
So I'm at my little brothers house on his computer when I found out it cant play video sounds. System sounds are OK though. Does anyone have any idea what could cause this or how to fix it.

ramis92
December 29th, 2008, 10:22 AM
Can you try another pair of speakers to see if the same problem happens? If it does, the computer probably has bad sound drivers.

klange
December 29th, 2008, 11:10 AM
Unless they're USB speakers, it's a software problem.

Saggy
December 29th, 2008, 12:26 PM
Go to Control Panel>Performance and Maintenance>Adiministrative Tools. A list should pop-up of utilities. Double-click Component Services to open a new window. In the left hand box, select Services (Local). It may take a while to load so don't think that the program froze after you selected it. In the right hand window, scroll down until you find Windows Audio. Look beside it to make sure it's started and not disabled. Also make sure that it is set to Automatically enable on startup. If it is disabled or the word started does NOT appear beside it, right click it and hit Start.

If that doesn't work then it is a software issue.

Amit
December 29th, 2008, 12:31 PM
This happened on my sister's laptop before but that was using Logitech USB speakers and that took less than one minute to fix. That was a software issue.

If USB speakers: Plug the speakers back in open whatever program it is that you use to watch video. Then, close all programs that play music or video. Unplug the speakers and the sound should come back. That's what I did for my sister's Thinkpad.

If not USB speakers: Only thing I can think of is to open the computer sound properties and look at which input it being used. Look for the sound card's input and select that if it isn't already selected. If that doens't fix it, open the program you use to watch video and go to the sound options and look for the input that it's using on your computer and select the sound card's input. If that doesn't work...I dunno what to do.