PDA

View Full Version : New Phone, also...

Cortexian
December 29th, 2008, 02:04 PM
So my parents were super awesome these holidays and they picked me up a BlackBerry Storm! Anyways, they told me that they'll continue to pay for my regular talk plan, but I need to pay for the browsing/data/smartphone plan stuff, I'm down with that. So I call up Telus to get a data plan added onto my phone, all is going well until the girl asks for my PIN number... It's my dads birthday, but I don't know it off hand (lol), so she puts me on hold and...

BLAM! RICKROLLED!

So I sit on hold listening to Never Gonna Give You Up while she talks with my dad...

Awesome.

FRain
December 29th, 2008, 02:07 PM
Hahaha, nice!

E: Reminds me of about a week and a half ago when I was walking around through the marketplace and the station was something stupid like old '80's hits or something. We pick up a can of tuna and...

BAM. Rick AstJew.

Me and my friend just looked up at the ceiling and we were like

"Did the store just rick roll us?"

"I think it did."

"Oh, shit."

Rentafence
December 29th, 2008, 02:25 PM
Similar to the time I went for dinner with the family out to 99, and out of nowhere Never Gonna You Up starts playing.

Xetsuei
December 29th, 2008, 03:52 PM
That's not rickrolling. It's only rickrolling if you're tricked into it.

Bodzilla
December 29th, 2008, 05:35 PM
That's not rickrolling. It's only rickrolling if you're tricked into it.

FluffyDuckyâ„¢
December 29th, 2008, 05:42 PM
Idgi, was it just the on hold music?

Cortexian
December 29th, 2008, 11:54 PM
Idgi, was it just the on hold music?
Yea, she was just like "Okay, I'm going to put you on hold now so I can call your father". Then I got into the song about half way though.

I wanted to tell her to put me back on hold so I could finish listening :(.

Corndogman
December 30th, 2008, 12:10 AM
It would have been a real rickroll if she said for example "let me put you on with my supervisor" then the song played. I don't think it really counts in this case though.

Cortexian
December 30th, 2008, 06:54 PM
It counts.

Who puts that song in their hold music play list unless its for rickrolling... You are all so technical.

Xetsuei
December 30th, 2008, 07:03 PM
It doesn't count, you weren't tricked.

thehoodedsmack
December 30th, 2008, 07:06 PM
It counts.

Who puts that song in their hold music play list unless its for rickrolling... You are all so technical.

The value of a Rick-Roll has gone downhill as of late, because people don't understand the proper scenario required to effectively perform a Rick-Roll. It's really quite simple.

1. It must be accompanied by the "Never Gonna Give You Up" music video.
2. The viewer must be under the impression that they are about to watch something other than the music video.

It is also worth noting that switching to a the music video partway through another video does not count as a Rick-Roll. However, if the video is switched during a segment where it is implied you are about to see something different, may be acceptable. An example would be during an episode of Family Guy, known for it's "remember when" segments. Switching to the music video at this point would count as a Rick-Roll, because the viewer is under the impression that they are about to witness a seperate clip within what they are already viewing. This form of Rick-Rolling, however, is still up for debate.

Cortexian
December 30th, 2008, 08:00 PM
1. It must be accompanied by the "Never Gonna Give You Up" music video.
2. The viewer must be under the impression that they are about to watch something other than the music video.

1. It was accompanied by the "Never Gonna Give You Up" song.
2. I was under the impression that I was going to go on hold, with the standard "elevator" music.

I win.

It counts.