PDA

View Full Version : I thought i fixed it.....2 problems

PopeAK49
December 31st, 2008, 10:01 PM
Okay so i got my other computer fixed and installed a fresh new version of windows xp. I soon was happy and installed the unreal anthology onto my computer. Soon after it was done installing my computer turned off on me. I tried pushing the power button but it only turns on for exactly a second and then turns off followed by a orange blinking light around the power button. I tried flipping the switch and that seemed to not work. Dang and after all of that hardwork with my good computer that had a 3.2 ghz processor, and 2 gigs of ram. I have to now go back to my other computer that has 512 mb of ram and a 2.4 ghz processor.

The other problem is that my graphics card was working on my good computer and my monitor was showing up for awhile tell i plugged all the cords up and then my good computer and monitor seemed to not want to read it anymore, but will only read the crap nividia card. The good graphics card runs on the older computer though and shows up on the same monitor. Doesn't seem to make much sense to me. Maybe i need a new power supply for my good computer or something.

Limited
January 1st, 2009, 07:14 AM
Seems a tad weird that it can't turn back on, installing whatever it was (a game right?) shouldnt really affect the hardware side of things. It may crash the software resulting in a computer crash, but that shouldnt stop you from turning it on, the first few seconds is all hardware based, so it wouldnt matter if XP had been messed up.

I suggest you check all the cables are plugged in fully.