PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Signal Types... Halp.

Cortexian
January 1st, 2009, 02:22 AM
I'd like to know a little bit more about the different signal types there are for mobile devices. I'm talking about the little icons you get on your phones that tell you "3G", "1XEV", "1xev", etc... If anyone has a really good guide (can't find a good one to read on Google) or would care to explain, I'll be all eyes (reading, computer, haha).

StankBacon
January 1st, 2009, 02:36 AM
your manual most likely has a picture in it, detailing what all of those stand for.

Cortexian
January 1st, 2009, 04:16 AM
It does, but I'm looking for some more detailed reading... What each signal provides is good information obviously, but I'm looking for more in depth information... Anyone have anything?

LinkandKvel
January 1st, 2009, 09:23 AM
Actually I have verizon which is basically the same thing you have. I'll briefly break it down.

3G: Obviously I'm sure you know this.
1X: Call reception
EV: Text/premium reception such as app downloads, pic/video texts, etc.

Cortexian
January 1st, 2009, 03:34 PM
Actually I have verizon which is basically the same thing you have. I'll briefly break it down.

3G: Obviously I'm sure you know this.
1X: Call reception
EV: Text/premium reception such as app downloads, pic/video texts, etc.
Yea, I know that "1XEV" is basically "3.5G" when it comes to features and speed. But it's named differently because it's a different network type. My manual shows the difference between "1X" and "EV" as well, but it also says that "1XEV" is the same as "EV" and "1xev" is the same as "1X"... If that makes sense.