PDA

View Full Version : Dedi-Servers.Net may no longer be hosting 22 Halo Servers!!!

lance1
January 2nd, 2009, 06:27 PM
if you guys havent read:

www.dedi-servers.net (http://www.dedi-servers.net)

they are about to stop hosting for free!
i guess they cant pay the server bill for this month because of some issues, so they are asking for YOUR HELP!

if you could donate to:

brandon.mm@techster.co.uk any money you can to help save the servers!!

Dedi-Servers.Net hosts about 22 Servers which is 352 players for Halo CE!

so they ask to please either donate some money, or you can purchase some!
for CHEAP! its UK Based -- 10.50 USD a Server!!! (16 players)

FTP - 24/7 Support --
*soon a remote rcon** ** soon something better than sapp!**

If they sell 16 servers @ 10.50 $ -- they get to keep the server!!! meaning 352 players will have somewhere to play!

they have NO LAG what so ever, a HaloCEDedi Patch -- patched by BrandiniMP. & More!

check them out :)

www.dedi-servers.net (http://www.dedi-servers.net) [they jus wanna help out the PC / CE community :) ]

ramis92
January 2nd, 2009, 06:55 PM
Dam, I play on [NP]'s 1.00 servers all the time. No lag, but I hate the Plasma Pistol FFA. 1.00 was never meant to be supported though, so I guess imma have to find a new South American server to play on. :awesome:

Phopojijo
January 2nd, 2009, 07:20 PM
Or update.

ramis92
January 2nd, 2009, 09:04 PM
Or update.
Why do you think I use 1.00? :cop:

n00b1n8R
January 2nd, 2009, 09:15 PM
Because you don't want to support a great game? :downs:

StankBacon
January 2nd, 2009, 09:16 PM
because your a pirate.

also, i never heard of this company, nor do i care about 1.00, so gtfo. :)

stankpot
January 2nd, 2009, 09:21 PM
because your a pirate.

also, i never heard of this company, nor do i care about 1.00, so gtfo. :)
thats where the majority of ce players are fyi

ramis92
January 2nd, 2009, 09:23 PM
Because you're a pirate.

Also, I never heard of this company, nor do I care about 1.00, so gtfo. :)

ftfy :awesome:

DarkHalo003
January 2nd, 2009, 09:25 PM
If you have 1.08, there's no need for this. I simply use 1.00 because it allows me to use dev and other 3rd party apps.

ShadowSpartan
January 2nd, 2009, 09:27 PM
ftfy :awesome:
Don't be an ass, especially since your initial post in this thread has errors.

Damn, I play on [NP]'s 1.00 servers all the time. There is no lag, but I hate the Plasma Pistol FFA. 1.00 was never meant to be supported though, so I guess I'm going to have to find a new South American server to play on. :awesome:
Please leave this forum, no need for people like you.

Sever
January 2nd, 2009, 09:55 PM
How did you guys not blatantly see this as advertising the moment it was posted? He made three duplicate threads (one of which has been deleted), all asking for money for an outside company. I say just quit childishly bickering between yourselves and ignore this thread, and this user, unless there is an unforeseen and drastic change in their posting habits.

ODX
January 2nd, 2009, 10:13 PM
Honestly, the site only has one page, clicking on the other links either goes to the home page again, or is blank. No way would a site only host free servers for an unsupported game, with only about 1,000 players (both versions of CE). Sever is also right though. If it were anything important, I think an already existing member of the forum would have posted it.

Cortexian
January 3rd, 2009, 02:31 AM
There's no reason for anyone to play on any version besides the latest one unless they're using a pirated version of the game. In which case they can :gtfo:.

Phopojijo
January 3rd, 2009, 03:04 AM
There's no reason for anyone to play on any version besides the latest one unless they're using a pirated version of the game. In which case they can :gtfo:.Or the patch is for Battlefield and the game fails to boot with it.

As for the advertising... since some people appeared to have used the servers I assumed they were real... in which case it would just be the server owner getting swamped with bills which is understandable to ask for donations.

Now if the servers don't exist, or they are not owned by the people asking for money {{wouldn't know, hadn't played Halo in over a year}} then we'll take a different course of action.

StankBacon
January 3rd, 2009, 04:01 AM
what? its blatant advertising... are you not seeing this somehow?

NullZero
January 3rd, 2009, 08:20 AM
ban

ramis92
January 3rd, 2009, 10:20 AM
There's no reason for anyone to play on any version besides the latest one unless they're using a pirated version of the game. In which case they can :gtfo:.
Not exactly. I bought Halo PC in 05. My hard drive failed sometime in 07, and I couldn't find the CD-key after I got my computer up and running again. I didn't see any point in buying a game I paid for once in the first place so...

EDIT- On topic, it probably is advertising. No point in asking for donations to a forum where nearly all players don't even use the server.

jcap
January 3rd, 2009, 11:30 AM
There is no reason for any version of Halo to be supported other than the latest - version 1.08. Everything that has worked in prior versions works in this latest version, especially with help of the version changer.

The only outstanding reason for playing 1.00 would be to use a cracked exe. If you don't have the original disc, then use Daemon tools and a mini disc image.

Unless they change their act to something that will actually benefit the community, there's no reason to be asking for our support here.

End of discussion.