PDA

View Full Version : Gorgon pistol for CE?

sevlag
January 5th, 2009, 11:04 AM
well, one day after playing Gears of War 2, I decided I'd try to make a Gorgon burst pistol for CE, just like the one from gears.

my main problem is this, is there anyway to make it behave like the gears G pistol? and could the CE version be able to produce the Gears G pistol bursts?

wanna know before I do this

Masterz1337
January 5th, 2009, 11:06 AM
Spew discharge. That's how the BR works.

MetKiller Joe
January 5th, 2009, 11:42 AM
You could also make it a secondary fire option.

I'm not too too experienced with scripts but would there be anyway to recognize something like a headshot (from a previous shot) and then increase the fire rate?

I really like the idea.

Masterz1337
January 5th, 2009, 12:58 PM
Secondary triggers are for other triggers, It wouldn't be of any use fir this pistol.

sevlag
January 5th, 2009, 06:22 PM
true, but the gorgon pistol clip has FOUR slots, each trigger pull empties one clip slot. the big problem I may encounter is making a believable FP reload animation, the reason for this being difficult is since Gears is 3rd person, I'd have to make a animation of both clips reloading (since in gears, in order to reload a gorgon pistol BOTH clips must be taken out to put a fresh clip in).

Masterz has a good idea with the burst, but I've never tried to make a multi burst per clip slot thing. on a test map I have I took a modified AR I use for testin burst shots, the closest I've gotten w/o the assualt rifle fucking up is 4. the gorgon has like maybe 6 or 10, somehwere between those two rounds per clip slot.

ok, I'll make a static render and see what I can come up with, shouldn't be too hard, G pistol looks like a H3 spiker kinda, just with the blades tucked in

Con
January 5th, 2009, 08:12 PM
Are you able to use masters' idea and then make it so the slot on the HUD actually accounts for a burst? Like one HUD slot icon represents 6-10 shots. Maybe even some visual trick with the HUD...

DarkHalo003
January 5th, 2009, 08:22 PM
Are you able to use masters' idea and then make it so the slot on the HUD actually accounts for a burst? Like one HUD slot icon represents 6-10 shots. Maybe even some visual trick with the HUD...
This idea is for the ammo count issue:
I've never tried this idea before, so I have no clue if it is anything useful, very off maybe, but could something be done with the amount of projectiles and the spew discharge? Like the Shotty uses a larger amount of projectiles each cartridge, but could there be a case where the projectiles of each shot are spewed in order by the spew discharge? It probably sound crazy to a lot of you and more-than-likely way off, but I thought I'd throw out my thought before I forgot about it and never tried it.

For a HUD "trick," could you make the ammo meters vertical rows and line up each bullet counter (little dots not row) close to each other vertically. Like:
|||||
|||||
|||||
|||||
But in vertical columns? Not sure if this is possible.

ICEE
January 5th, 2009, 09:12 PM
true, but the gorgon pistol clip has FOUR slots, each trigger pull empties one clip slot. the big problem I may encounter is making a believable FP reload animation, the reason for this being difficult is since Gears is 3rd person, I'd have to make a animation of both clips reloading (since in gears, in order to reload a gorgon pistol BOTH clips must be taken out to put a fresh clip in).

Masterz has a good idea with the burst, but I've never tried to make a multi burst per clip slot thing. on a test map I have I took a modified AR I use for testin burst shots, the closest I've gotten w/o the assualt rifle fucking up is 4. the gorgon has like maybe 6 or 10, somehwere between those two rounds per clip slot.

ok, I'll make a static render and see what I can come up with, shouldn't be too hard, G pistol looks like a H3 spiker kinda, just with the blades tucked in

If you've got a good model of it, I'll animate it for you.

sevlag
January 6th, 2009, 07:06 AM
If you've got a good model of it, I'll animate it for you.the model looks like shit ATM. also, the clip slots are HORIZONTAL, not vertical. also, in between bursts you can't fire the second slot directly after the first slot has been discharged.

I switched to usin' a spiker model I snagged from a friend of mine (he gave to me actually, its OK looking, but not perfect). since the spiker and G pistol look similar I applied masterz's burst idea and got a G pistol burst some what.

what I'm now trying to do is make a period of time in which the pistol CANNOT fire after discharging one clip slot, remember each slot empties out COMPLETLY with each trigger pull.

thanks for the offer on the animations, once I get a decent model down, I'll let ya know

Con
January 6th, 2009, 10:04 AM
what I'm now trying to do is make a period of time in which the pistol CANNOT fire after discharging one clip slot, remember each slot empties out COMPLETLY with each trigger pull.

use overheating if you're not already

Pyong Kawaguchi
January 6th, 2009, 08:26 PM
In gears 2, the gorgon pistol shoots 7 shots I believe, good luck!

DarkHalo003
January 7th, 2009, 04:13 PM
I thought it shot bursts of five?

Con
January 7th, 2009, 07:09 PM
http://www.giantbomb.com/gorgon-pistol/93-1788/

DarkHalo003
January 7th, 2009, 08:48 PM
http://www.giantbomb.com/gorgon-pistol/93-1788/
So we were both wrong. Eight shots. Sounds fair enough.lol.

sevlag
January 9th, 2009, 11:05 AM
8 actually, and how could I use the overheating method WITHOUT the noise?

...nvm, conscars beat me to it, but yeah, got it duin 8 shot bursts, FTM I shortened the spiker's clip to 8 rounds to get it to spew the 8, once I try the overheat trick, I'll redo the clip size and whatnot.

gah this thing is annoying, IF and when I get it to work, I'll make a demo video of it, chances are i'll use the alpha5 test map I was having trouble with, so if you see a marine wieldin the damn thing, then you know ts me testin it (I prefer the marine biped over a SPARTAN biped)

ICEE
January 9th, 2009, 11:12 AM
You should probably get a good model of it before making the video or people will be confused.

Hunter
January 9th, 2009, 12:10 PM
You should probably get a good model of it before making the video or people will be confused.

You want a model of it?

ICEE
January 9th, 2009, 02:45 PM
If you modeled it for sevlag and I animated it it could be a pretty nice collaborative project

Hunter
January 9th, 2009, 05:39 PM
Mint, I like that gun. Tomorow :)

Hunter
January 10th, 2009, 08:50 AM
Does it matter if it isnt 100% accurate? Because there are parts I cannot see in it, well can't see them very good. Plus in-game this weapon is made up on shapes just put together, none of it is sealed Lol. So it will be harder to make sealed.

I have take some pictures though, good job I have got GoW2.

Edit: I am affraid it is going have the be delayed a bit.

sevlag
January 13th, 2009, 09:01 AM
Does it matter if it isnt 100% accurate? Because there are parts I cannot see in it, well can't see them very good. Plus in-game this weapon is made up on shapes just put together, none of it is sealed Lol. So it will be harder to make sealed.

I have take some pictures though, good job I have got GoW2.

Edit: I am affraid it is going have the be delayed a bit.nope, as long as people can tell what it is, I'm not a perfectionist hunter, so photo realistic isn't a problem with me.

I may put this into a map I'm working on.

problem 2) bullet spread

the gorgon pistol rounds from each burst have a margin of error when fired from a distance away, any ideas for doing this?

EDIT:
about that map I'm working on, obviously you'll play as a SPARTAN as they can strafe diagonally and marines can't (if I could I would), the map is a sort of, you guessed it...a forerunner-esque structure with LIMITED natural areas. no screens of it yet, but it is ok looking, if you look past a few errors here and there