PDA

View Full Version : China and "e-waste"

StankBacon
January 11th, 2009, 07:25 AM
http://www.time.com/time/photogallery/0,29307,1870162_1822148,00.html

check out those pictures, pretty crazy shit.

Limited
January 11th, 2009, 09:06 AM
They got any decent CPU's they wanna send to me? :P

Thats crazy, the black water one was the worst.

flibitijibibo
January 11th, 2009, 09:17 AM
Yeah, the water was just plain gross.

But that town makes $75 million a year. You'd think they could afford ways to either purify their water or transport their waste to a better place than their own water.

CabooseJr
January 11th, 2009, 10:10 AM
The would kinda suck to fall in the black water.

Bodzilla
January 11th, 2009, 06:06 PM
Yeah, the water was just plain gross.

But that town makes $75 million a year. You'd think they could afford ways to either purify their water or transport their waste to a better place than their own water.
of course they can, they just prefer to shaft the workers and allow them to have high rates of lead poisoning, cancer and miscarriages because it's cheaper.

Xetsuei
January 11th, 2009, 06:10 PM
Tons of PC components contain arsenic, I cannot believe all those people might be getting exposed to it.

Bodzilla
January 11th, 2009, 06:12 PM
This is why i hate China, see not the Chinese people.

because to them the human is just another exploitable expendable resource. Which is why any post buckshot makes in regards to china should be taken with a grain of salt.

cheezdue
January 11th, 2009, 06:19 PM
This would be a miserable town to live in mainly because of the black water.

armoman92
January 11th, 2009, 06:42 PM
i kinda need a usb keyboard right now...

Mr Buckshot
January 13th, 2009, 10:09 PM
This is why i hate China, see not the Chinese people.

because to them the human is just another exploitable expendable resource.

just FYI, I was born in Singapore and lived most of my life there. It's very different from China although most of the population are Chinese immigrants and their descendants.

If that were totally true, we'd be pre-emptively invading more countries than America has because human troops are exploitable and expendable. And if the West really cared, why aren't they pulling all their branch manufacturing plants out of China and "saving" all the workers there? Not so noble eh?

If the humans were truly "expendable," why did the damned military go in to save the asses of all the Szechuan earthquake victims? Just let them rot and clear up some of the surplus population right? This ain't Mao Zedong no more (I hate him too).

This is pretty wrong, polluting the water like this. It's a pity this is one of the smaller, less major cities because the municipal governments in those regions are bloody corrupt. Someone needs to clean it up and it needs the attention of the federal government.

The Chinese government is taking steps to clean up the environment, but it's starting with the major, less corrupt economic centres like Beijing. This is a country that only recently transformed from being a hateful human-right-violating wasteland after its worst dictator died and a democratic government was born. If Afghanistan suddenly had a major overhaul in its infrastructure it would have similar problems to clean up.

Most economical solution: Send it all to Taiwan (which I hate, it has no business calling itself Republic of China). They have their computer companies who would love spare parts to make ASUS products.

This would be a miserable town to live in mainly because of the black water.

Very true, if this is to be cleaned up it has to be brought to federal government's attention. Furthermore, we should encouraging e-waste recycling within the source country so that it doesn't all get shipped to Asia.

Fortunately, most people in the mainland don't use water wells any more, so we won't have anyone drinking the black water. Piped water is clean because the federal government got off its ass and actually organized health inspection teams to check things up.

Bodzilla
January 14th, 2009, 07:50 AM
your delusional buckshot.

sorry mate but it's just not the way it is, how you see it.
it's gunna take a long, long long time before they get any credibility from me, starting with freedom of information.