PDA

View Full Version : New Ghost Recon/Red steel/Red Steel

343guiltymc
January 22nd, 2009, 12:15 PM
http://www.edge-online.com/news/new-ghost-recon-assassins-red-steel-confirmed
:spam:

BobtheGreatII
January 22nd, 2009, 02:20 PM
Well, Assassin's Creed 2 had been confirmed already. But good to know there's a chance of it coming out this year. Good to see that there are a lot of great games to look forward to this year.

LinkandKvel
January 22nd, 2009, 02:42 PM
GAAH not enough INFO. At least it's announced I guess.

343guiltymc
January 22nd, 2009, 02:44 PM
Seems like there are a lot of sequels to popular this year, with COD4:MW2, AC2, RE5, GRAW 3, DOW2, SC2 etc.

Hotrod
January 22nd, 2009, 04:37 PM
Assassin's Creed 2 is the game I'm looking forward to the most out of the ones mentioned there, glad to hear that it could come out this year.

Sel
January 22nd, 2009, 04:50 PM
Assassin's Creed 2 is the game I'm looking forward to the most out of the ones mentioned there, glad to hear that it could come out this year.

^

Cortexian
January 22nd, 2009, 05:05 PM

^

You're both crazy, SC2 is listed, Starcraft 2 for crying out loud! Nothing can BEAT that! However, I'm also looking forward to Assassin's Creed 2 quite a bit.

LinkandKvel
January 22nd, 2009, 05:09 PM
I'm looking forward to GRAW 3 the most.

343guiltymc
January 22nd, 2009, 06:47 PM
Urh I hate to milk the franchise more than it already has been, but I really look forward to MW2...Hope it's that at least it turns out better than COD3 and 5. I would look forward to SC2 but I suck at RTSs, got pwned in the SC1 and never touched RTS online again.

Hotrod
January 22nd, 2009, 07:57 PM
You're both crazy, SC2 is listed, Starcraft 2 for crying out loud! Nothing can BEAT that! However, I'm also looking forward to Assassin's Creed 2 quite a bit.

Ubisoft has confirmed that Assassin's Creed 2 and a new Ghost Recon title will be launching during the company's fiscal year 2009-2010, ending March 2010.
Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot said durings a Thursday earnings call that Assassin's Creed 2 could be one of 2009's biggest titles, indicating that the company intends to launch the game by the end of the calendar year.
The original Assassin's Creed, released in 2007, "greatly outstripped" Ubisoft's sales expectations, selling 2.5 million units worldwide in just one month.
Guillemot also announced a new Ghost Recon title, opting not to mention a finalized name for the game.
Asked by an analyst about Ubisoft's continuing support of the Wii, Guillemot let word slip of a rumored sequel: "We have lots of products coming for the Wii next [fiscal] year. We have Red Steel ... Sorry, I mentioned a game that I wasn't supposed to mention."
Ubisoft's fiscal 2009-2010 will see the introduction of seven new franchise titles including Assassin's Creed 2, Splinter Cell: Conviction, a new Ghost Recon, Anno and the "unofficially" announced Red Steel 2. Ubisoft will also release four movie-licensed games including James Cameron's Avatar, a new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game and the sequel to Arthur and the Invisibles. Three new brands will launch as well, including I Am Alive, which was pushed back from the current fiscal year.
The growing Ubisoft casual business will also release games in the Petz, Imagine, My Coach and PlayZone series.Where is StarCraft 2 listed? I'm also talking about Ubisoft games when I say that.

TeeKup
January 22nd, 2009, 08:07 PM
But Red Steel sucked...

343guiltymc
January 22nd, 2009, 08:08 PM
The article didn't mention SC2, I just said 2009 is going to be a year of sequels to popular games like SC2.

kenney001
January 22nd, 2009, 10:59 PM
GRAW3 FTW
GRAW 2 was awsome.

LinkandKvel
January 22nd, 2009, 11:11 PM
GRAW3 FTW
GRAW 2 was awsome.
This. Very much this.

sdavis117
January 23rd, 2009, 08:41 AM
I'm excited about both of the games coming up that can be shortened to SC2.

Supreme Commander 2 and Star Craft 2

L0d3x
January 23rd, 2009, 09:23 AM
Oh man I loved both GRAWs so far, most impressive games Ive played on 360 so far. Beats halo3 imo.

Hotrod
January 23rd, 2009, 10:58 AM

Same here :)

343guiltymc
January 23rd, 2009, 04:17 PM
What's up with Square Enix publishing Supcom 2? Are they taking intrest in the PC market?

Hotrod
January 23rd, 2009, 09:17 PM
What's up with Square Enix publishing Supcom 2? Are they taking intrest in the PC market?
Short answer : yes

Long answer : Yes.

Cortexian
January 24th, 2009, 01:05 AM

Supreme Commander is shortened into "SupCom", no one refers to it as "SC" as that is reserved for Starcraft.

Sorry.

Pooky
January 24th, 2009, 03:00 AM
Supreme Commander is shortened into "SupCom", no one refers to it as "SC" as that is reserved for Starcraft.

Sorry.

:fail:

Must take one hell of a stuck up community to start reserving acronyms for itself.

343guiltymc
January 24th, 2009, 07:28 AM
Damn totally forgot Empires: Total war, slipped off my radar. :/
http://www.actiontrip.com/rei/comments_news.phtml?id=012309_8
I wish the developers would stop putting up such unclear system requirements. Any video card these days 256 MB of VRAM or more, but can they run the game?

Hotrod
January 24th, 2009, 09:29 AM

Sorry.

:fail:

Must take one hell of a stuck up community to start reserving acronyms for itself.
Well, I find it easier to say "SupCom" rather than "SC", and it makes sense to keep SC to StarCraft, so you don't mix the two up. Just the other day, I was telling my bro (over MSN) that I was playing "SC" and he asked "SupCom or StarCraft?".

sdavis117
January 24th, 2009, 09:43 AM
I do say SupCom, but who in real life while actually saying words calls Starcraft "SC"?

Needles
January 24th, 2009, 11:58 AM
Can't wait =D.

Got a 360 last Christmas, so now I'll be able to get halo wars and assassin's creed 2.