PDA

View Full Version : Most memorable CE moments

blind
January 24th, 2009, 12:00 PM
With this game going to all shit, I figured it was due time for one of these threads.

I have a few:

One of my absolute favourites was this one game on Yoyorast with Bok. We were on opposite teams. We were on the ramp pretty much the whole game. It was always me and him fighting over it, neither of us survived 2 or 3 rounds with eachother so it was always switching who was up there.

Another time was the first time I met Katana and Lobo, they were dicking around in some WTC3 server and I joined, and we chilled out and shot shit, lol.

Another time was on W4rtorn with I think Beavis and Masters, we got outside the barrier (I think) onto the Pelican and Beavis was just chilling out there lmao.

When we were betaing No_remorse, I remember it was me and Faomz alone in the server and we took that map to shitttt, we got on the very top of everything. It was so fun hahaha.

wut r urs

klange
January 24th, 2009, 12:05 PM
I remember beta'ing Coldsnap as the dedicated "shit graphics tester". Was rarely ever on. Good times, though.

There was also building the Draco... Perfect example of how bad my modeling "skills" are.

Higuy
January 24th, 2009, 12:07 PM
Heh, I think the funnest times is when me and my two friends, Cass and Elmo just mess around on the cia and zgaming server. Fun times :awesome:
Oh and MMT LOL

Rook
January 24th, 2009, 12:07 PM
My first clan was memorable, NBK... and really just being around with anyone worthwhile and playing more customs than what goes on now.

Alwin Roth
January 24th, 2009, 12:41 PM
I remember when i played all those Ai BG mods, and i actually enjoyed them, then i figured out Ai dont synch online after playing grunt attack 1 with a friend -_-

"omfg! alwin watch out for that grunt behind you!"
"wtf... there isnt one behind me..."

Dr Pepper
January 24th, 2009, 12:42 PM
I remember my first clan, I think it was SH or Secret Hunters, we gound secret stuff on maps.
Then there was BH (shortly after) which was Bounty Hunters, a RP clan. We always played rpg_beta4 and messed around.
I was a n00b

Sel
January 24th, 2009, 12:45 PM
Oh and MMT LOL

LOL YES

Jelly
January 24th, 2009, 12:54 PM
My first clan was memorable, NBK...
Dohohohohoho

I remember when SVC was caught botting and he totally went DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA.

And also destroying blind in every game ever.

t3h m00kz
January 24th, 2009, 01:47 PM
Coming home and playing No Remorse, Hyrule Field, and the H2_ levels. While listening to Coburn's We Interrupt this Program and Hybrid's Finished Symphony. Plus remixes.

Ahh, those were the days... I miss those old H2 level servers.

Rook
January 24th, 2009, 01:55 PM
Here was a memory, first map ever played...

The Pillar of Autumn Space (http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=1055)

StankBacon
January 24th, 2009, 01:57 PM
hive obviously.

this game ...

http://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/large/3406d25e3e4fadde864d025cfbbf84e49da5b08a.jpg

also, whenhootersfly.

Syuusuke
January 24th, 2009, 02:45 PM
Stunts with {KAS}Conscars...

.Wolf™
January 24th, 2009, 05:02 PM
If it includes things that happened on the forums too?Then that time when IlleagalCheatsman and Hogdriver117 went rampant on the topic buttom..Demanding tags and what not...Cwazy kids=)In Ce?hmm first time i saw the ghost in a server O.o(not)

klange
January 24th, 2009, 05:04 PM
I didn't spend much time actually playing online. Mostly working on my horrible little maps, most of which I never finished. There was that one group of role players who continually used my Draco, though...

Needles
January 24th, 2009, 07:05 PM
Throwing a nade on a warthog on snowgrove, having it flip on enemies and kill 4 of them.

And, my qualifying match thing for a special part of the [E4] clan. Beat the leader and another guy (on the same team) going against me.

TeeKup
January 24th, 2009, 07:55 PM
My matches with The Butcher. Also the =EP clan.

dark57
January 24th, 2009, 08:04 PM
Getting into AoO.

Needles
January 24th, 2009, 08:07 PM
My matches with The Butcher. Also the =EP clan.

I think I remember the butcher from some BG games...was he extremely good?

TeeKup
January 24th, 2009, 08:10 PM
His plasma grenade skills were FRICKING insane.

Syuusuke
January 24th, 2009, 08:36 PM
I think I remember the butcher from some BG games...was he extremely good?

Ah yess =EP_!!!!

And I remember The Butcher, friggin clever sticky bastard that guy.

Trinx
January 25th, 2009, 04:14 AM
CAF. PL, the GBX League, all that jazz.

Arteen
January 25th, 2009, 10:01 AM
Anything Hive or Beavis's server was great. The {} clan was pretty awesome, too.

I remember one game on W4rtorn where just about our entire team, with dsacasa driving, got in the transport hog and we ended up capturing the flag with it. I also remember another time on W4rtorn where everyone was playing leapfrog at one of the bases, only for some random teammate to run over all of us. That was hilarious.

FRain
January 25th, 2009, 10:19 AM
TK fest '05 and '06

Also: Beavis' Server with W4rtorn.

Inferno
January 25th, 2009, 10:37 AM
First time I ever heard "Killtacular" on Hangemhigh Team Slayer.

sdavis117
January 25th, 2009, 11:41 AM
Order's zombie server when all the Order Admins were on. Epic -server message and ban- fest.

First time in Yoyo when I got to the top tower without someone killing me before I got there. Epic convo was made, and epic dance-party was started.

Limited
January 25th, 2009, 12:46 PM
Testing hugeass, we all just played around with vehicles instead of actually checkking it works :P

BUnghole server was amazing :)

Halo_HQ map, even though theres only 1 teleporter (to the track) omg the fun lasted hours.

blind
January 25th, 2009, 12:47 PM
Ohhhhh CAF :(

remember when i used to pub their old server, was playing around with Chi on... Sidewinder I think and got invited to join :)
good times <3

mech
January 25th, 2009, 01:24 PM
hat castle2castle with 16 players :awesome:

p0lar_bear
January 25th, 2009, 01:25 PM
The Bunghole.

So many fun maps. So many great people. I even remember when Beavis gave me rcon, and then when I nearly lost it by flipping out at him and banning him while he was aliasing and spamming grenades everywhere during a Zanzibar swords match. %-)

I've said it before, it makes me sad that we can never have that back, no matter how much we try. :(

hat castle2castle with 16 players :awesome:

OH GOD, THIS^

Rook
January 25th, 2009, 01:43 PM
Oh my god, castle2castle. :haw:

dark57
January 25th, 2009, 05:28 PM
When CE came out :O

shookon3
January 25th, 2009, 07:50 PM
double kill with 1 snipe bullet. idk how though..

Rook
January 25th, 2009, 08:10 PM
double kill with 1 snipe bullet. idk how though..
Try that sitting in the passenger seat of a hog on danger canyon, looking over at another hog and killing the driver and passenger.

sdavis117
January 25th, 2009, 08:15 PM
You can do that in CE!?!?

*Prepares sniper and Fraps*

Boba
January 25th, 2009, 10:12 PM
Conscars' stunt server; I got to ban everybody I hated. :(

El Lobo
January 25th, 2009, 11:36 PM
Another time was the first time I met Katana and Lobo, they were dicking around in some WTC3 server and I joined, and we chilled out and shot shit, lol.
I don't remember this, obviously false.

My favorite was when I accidentally said original Hive's rcon in gamechat.

Bad Waffle
January 25th, 2009, 11:41 PM
I used to be pretty good with stickies back in my PC days. It was CTF on dangercanyon, i was just coming out of the tunnel leading to the bridges when i saw a ghost running with the flag, so i tossed a stick waaaay ahead into the air. pistoled him a bit as he drove right under it--the grenade got stuck on a wing and he died, both me and him were like "wtf mayt"

good times

FRain
January 25th, 2009, 11:45 PM
Yeah, Connor's server, too.

(conscars, btw)

Also: in an old october 2007 H3T test Doan had me pinned inside of the coagulation base with a sniper rifle. We were able to make the sniper rounds ricochet 1000342390 times or none. So we chose 1092308 times. I see two shots come extremely close to hitting me. I walk about 5 feet and then this happens:

BANG

BOM

BONK

PEW

POW

PING

THUNK

THWACK.

HEADSHOT.

legionaire45
January 26th, 2009, 01:08 AM
All the cool-ish (eg. original) projects in development around the time that Jahrain was working on his Zelda stuff.

Pope
January 26th, 2009, 03:48 AM
The {} clan was pretty awesome, too.
THIS.
"The Fall of [HIV]" in the first CE league. Probably some of the most intense games of my life.

Of those matches it had to be the schwinnz battle. [HIV]'s favourite map. We knew we weren't going to win, so we made the idea of stalemating it. We set up our hog defense in the flag room. We held off most of the 40:00, except once somehow the flag got out. I think it was King or Katana who was booking it on a hog. They reached the middle. I'm out of grenades but Camper has a few. He throws them perfectly as the hog goes by. Bam, we got them. We grab the flag, and one of the greatest clutch saves I've personally seen was done. {} Forever.

Though my best overall was just the great times was back in the original Hive days. The best community I have ever been and was proud to be apart of. Great times. The next best was Bunghole. Great times sniping ontop of the garage and pulling out my FRG when a hog came after me.

I raise my glass to those who are here and those who have left us. You all made these memories great to me.

Rosco
January 26th, 2009, 10:49 AM
sticking blind like 5 times in a 1v1

Also [HIV]

Pooky
January 26th, 2009, 11:07 AM
Going into servers with some friends and trolling the super serious types, getting them banned by suiciding. That was great.

Also wiping the floor with everyone during the CMT public betas much later.

Reaper Man
January 26th, 2009, 11:21 AM
Ah, I remember when I came up with the idea of dropping C4 and changing teams on coldsnap, ross and I were the first few to do it, and back then it was still funny. After all the idiots figured it out and overdid it, it became a pain.

Good times playing CE with ross and the =EP clan on various maps, especially Yoyorast.

Pooky
January 26th, 2009, 12:07 PM
Ah, I remember when I came up with the idea of dropping C4 and changing teams on coldsnap, ross and I were the first few to do it, and back then it was still funny. After all the idiots figured it out and overdid it, it became a pain.

Good times playing CE with ross and the =EP clan on various maps, especially Yoyorast.

Oh, you weren't the only ones to figure it out on your own ;)

Huero
January 26th, 2009, 12:21 PM
usually nothing on snowgrove is all that eventful
but one time a guy and i went for their flag
it was p. much empty but right as he got the flag they started spawning
so i got the flamethrower and killed like 8 people.
also running over CV and frain with the hog ;o

klange
January 26th, 2009, 12:30 PM
I once built a vehicular version of my extremely large ship, the Asis.

Needless to say, I failed at getting a number of physics-related items to work.

The ship didn't turn. I crashed into the skybox. Fun times.

Apoc4lypse
January 26th, 2009, 01:18 PM
My most memorable time was when Dominator, Cow, Gun, (basically was the first one to drop off the net) and me were all working together on a few maps. Cow figured out mainly HEK related stuff mostly with compilation before he began modeling, Dominator was always just models, and I knew some of both back then, Gun just helped beta and come up with ideas, he had tagged along from an old clan Dom and Cow were in.

So yeah, Cows first map (Wasteland? mb forget the name) was probably right when together with everything the 4 of us knew we could make anything if we had the motivation. Like we fully understood how to make a multiplayer map finally. From the lightning, the bsp, the texturing (actually none of us made much custom textures), effects, population, I even had experimented with some animating and physics related stuff so I could learn vehicles. Shortly after that I learned how to make skies and made a sky for Doms next map Paradise Lost the last project we all worked on together.

My most memorable moments in CE all have to do with working together with friends on maps, and having fun being able to use something we created together.

I forget who but I remember one of them asked me this question because none of us had ever met in person inspite talking to each other like every day, I think it was Dom. What happens after were all done? I remember I was like what the map? No what happens when we all move on and stop modding this game?

I didn't have an answer at the time, but its a good question you should think about sometime, how will people remember you or will they remember you at all.

Its a long story how I'd claim that modding halo probably helped saved my life or helped save me from making stupid decisions. Before CE I really had nothing, my mom had passed away and I became a recluse and went on the computer all the time. I played videogames, it was a way to escape reality for me. I had no real talents I was good at some games big deal, I even had suicidal thoughts at one point during my life basically I had decided I wasn't good at anything not good at school, not good at sports, I'd join the army and just go die, what else am I going to do.

When I stumbled upon the halomodding community I had finally found something to do. I discovered I could model, and eventually that I could draw. Of course its not even restricted to that, I discovered I could at times be a good problem solver too. The combination of realizing I have some artistic talents and crtical thinking talents along with just making random things all the time made me realize I can do something and hopefully will do something with my life.

Modding halo dragged me out of the bottomless hole I was falling into, and halomods is the first site (actually the second one the first one probably doesnt exist anymore and I can't remember where it was cuz i was only there for a short time before going to halomods). If I could thank anyone besides the people I mentioned above it would probably have to be Grendiac for starting a community and giving me something to do, and who ever came up with the idea for making a game called halo.

Thats how I feel, I also feel like a lot more was accomplished back when all our friends who we used to play pc with were around and we modded with them, it made things more fun and alot more got accomplished.

blind
January 26th, 2009, 05:30 PM
Fuck you Lobo. I still fucking remember that.
I miss Dominator's server. I remember MURDERING everyone in the no shield team sniper games to 250 he had on there <3

mech
January 26th, 2009, 06:01 PM

I did this too, but I didn't switch teams.

shookon3
January 28th, 2009, 10:01 AM
Yeah, Connor's server, too.

(conscars, btw)

Also: in an old october 2007 H3T test Doan had me pinned inside of the coagulation base with a sniper rifle. We were able to make the sniper rounds ricochet 1000342390 times or none. So we chose 1092308 times. I see two shots come extremely close to hitting me. I walk about 5 feet and then this happens:

BANG

BOM

BONK

PEW

POW

PING

THUNK

THWACK.

HEADSHOT.
LOLOLOL i played that beta, got it from halomaps. The ricochet is fucking crazy.

MALadjusted
January 28th, 2009, 09:46 PM
this,
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t158/maladjusted_photos/the7000.jpg
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t158/maladjusted_photos/race.jpg
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t158/maladjusted_photos/lmfaokilledbyvehicle.jpg
Miss playin the HIV server with app, killer, mech, Rosco..and the rest.....good times.

Syuusuke
January 28th, 2009, 10:13 PM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y176/ryujin356/10000ping_Layer1.jpg
Just found this...no edits, period, except rescaling the image, but thats it.

Mr Buckshot
January 28th, 2009, 10:32 PM
LOL Syuusuke, you posted that at =EP a few years back.

Memorable multiplayer moment for me:

I killed someone using the single-shot fire of the plasma pistol (that's all I spawned with >.>) he must've been a noob not to be able to avoid that.

Memorable singleplayer moment (CMT mod):

Using the Hunters' own gun on them :P

OmegaDragon
January 28th, 2009, 11:58 PM
Stunts with {KAS}Conscars...
Deffinetly this.

The ES Clan days, back when there were only kenshin, me, sypher, buddha, and the commies. Back when sypher was a complete tank whore ontop of the BG hill. Back when Kenshin was a god with the sniper. Back when I actually played everyday and was good. Back when all we did was fuck around with other people and own the shit out of other noob clans that thought we were a stunt clan. Back when Kenshin still had his "Stunts with (ES)Kenshin." Waaay back when we actually had fun. I miss the times we had in BG, listening to sypher's screams on TS when he was sniped out of the tank, making fun of abyss for being russian.

Now however, sypher only plays EVE online, and the occational H3 with Kenshin. Kenshin plays 360 all the time. Commies is the only one that still plays alot of PC games.

I also miss the HIV server, the times when the HCE modding community was like a soap opera, when Gearbox was still our home, when everyone flipped out when someone ripped something, the CMT tag ransom thread when h2v.net started, when nobody had to worry about anyone aimbotting, when we actually took the time to see if a person was aimbotting with rec0's app, when everybody who was good was an aimbotter to the eyes of the noobs, the flaming flamingoes, messing around with dev commands, 1 hit killing jets with the sniper in coldsnap, seeing every stunt server that was hosting hugeass was about finding the switches, everything that I made that was never seen by the public eye, all the cool projects going on, bacon's race track, and many more memories.

Realizing how good it was back then makes me wonder why I stopped playing. It kinda makes me want to cry ;_:

Beavis
January 29th, 2009, 01:02 AM
I miss the good ole days where i'd come home to my server already full and not being able to get in. Good times playing with you people on my server. And I loved my poorly made Bunghole map that only a few of you might have. NMC!!!! And abusing the reputation system on GBX forums.

TeeKup
January 29th, 2009, 09:44 AM
Holy god its Beavis.

Limited
January 29th, 2009, 11:18 AM
I miss the good ole days where i'd come home to my server already full and not being able to get in. Good times playing with you people on my server. And I loved my poorly made Bunghole map that only a few of you might have. NMC!!!! And abusing the reputation system on GBX forums.
Man that bunghole map was amazing, the model was great (It was Zechs from H2CE) then me attempting to uv it messed up. I remember when I raced you around in ghosts, lol getting stuck all the time.

I loved how the rcon was really simple and probably any one could guess it :) Good times indeed.

Trinx
January 29th, 2009, 03:21 PM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y176/ryujin356/10000ping_Layer1.jpg
Just found this...no edits, period, except rescaling the image, but thats it.
Lol, I didn't think you still had that picture. The ping range was amazing.

shookon3
January 29th, 2009, 05:53 PM
Lol, I didn't think you still had that picture. The ping range was amazing.

how was that possible?

blind
January 29th, 2009, 06:11 PM
WTF who the FUCK are you

Trinx
January 29th, 2009, 06:56 PM
how was that possible?

It was the server, dunno what the hell was going on but my ping went up to that and sometimes down to below 100.

Peterljr888
January 29th, 2009, 08:10 PM
HaloImpulse (Aer0 and dirtyJ)
The Bunghole
Yoyorast beta
HIV server, rec0 app
Various people from {HI}, [CAF] (Nic, Trinx, etc.), [KOD] (Beavis, Musty, Legend, Killer, Venom, Rams, etc.), [MFD], [HIV] (everyone except bok, rec0, and ds2o), TC, =EP, etc.
HaloMods

Actually I think I ventured into Hive once but never stayed for long.

Yeah, I've been here awhile.

blind
January 29th, 2009, 08:51 PM
why not bok, rec0 or ds? :(

Rook
January 29th, 2009, 09:00 PM
WTF who the FUCK are you
Lol, open da eyes.

DarkHalo003
January 29th, 2009, 09:08 PM
Probably running into people here when going into the HCEL server. That was funny on its own. Everyone kept betraying each other.lol.

Peterljr888
January 29th, 2009, 09:12 PM
why not bok, rec0 or ds? :(
I've seen them around HCE (rarely, except rec0 during the H2CE and =EP days) but never bothered talking to any of them. :/

Timo
January 29th, 2009, 11:02 PM
this,

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t158/maladjusted_photos/race.jpg

Heh, i'm sure I have a movie of that somewhere.

blind
January 29th, 2009, 11:20 PM
I was like, the first person to try that lmao.

Timo
January 29th, 2009, 11:41 PM
Some HI stunts from Dec '05: http://files.filefront.com/HaloImpulseStuntswmv/;4422326;/fileinfo.html
When /spd was put on the server (i think): http://files.filefront.com/lolololrar/;4493498;/fileinfo.html

A bunch of older videos have been deleted :-(

Siliconmaster
January 30th, 2009, 12:40 AM
I started at Halomaps where so many HCE n00bs did. I remember Gruntmaps, Bacon's old site, where we would test his amusing maps, including Trepidation (which I named) and Asis I guess it was. I met Bean there, and we've been friends since. I also remember the EPgamers forum before it went 18+ and then disappeared, and H2CE, and as mentioned, the soapish drama that always surrounded any projects or moderation decisions on the gbx forums.

My most memorable in-game moments involve a stunt server that always used TSC to go covenant dropship skydiving. Some of the most ridiculous stuff ever. And for a freshman in high school with a fear of heights, at the time it was pretty thrilling too. :P

StankBacon
January 30th, 2009, 04:37 AM
Some HI stunts from Dec '05: http://files.filefront.com/HaloImpulseStuntswmv/;4422326;/fileinfo.html

(

omg, i was still ~Su~bacon haha, that was a long time ago... good times.

mech
January 30th, 2009, 08:44 AM
I was like, the first person to try that lmao.

Kitsune was the first to do it, he set everything up when me, timo, foamy, king, rosco , rizwan and a couple others were in the server.

blind
January 30th, 2009, 12:24 PM
Kitsune was the first to do it, he set everything up when me, timo, foamy, king, rosco , rizwan and a couple others were in the server.
o ya?
AT WHAT DATE........