PDA

View Full Version : WTF GLOBAL WARMING!!!

Terror(NO)More
January 28th, 2009, 12:20 PM
Yea so we had a huge ice storm, covering the whole state with 4+ inches of ice and snow on top of that.

Today will be the 7th day out of school for me. They had canceled tomorrow already to.

kenney001
January 28th, 2009, 12:21 PM
Look at my topic below you. I win

flibitijibibo
January 28th, 2009, 12:22 PM
On my 2nd day off today, hoping for a 3rd tomorrow.

Terror(NO)More
January 28th, 2009, 12:26 PM
I saw it Kenny my man, global warming is killing us. Its fucking with environmental phases.

NuggetWarmer
January 28th, 2009, 12:26 PM
First day off here. :( Dallas always seems to get the least.

Edit:

Global WARMING

ahahahhahahahahahahaha

kenney001
January 28th, 2009, 12:27 PM

Edit:

Global WARMING

ahahahhahahahahahahaha

where in dallas are you nugget? Im here in lewisville/flower mound and we get out.

Phopojijo
January 28th, 2009, 12:29 PM
You do realize Global Warming implies the world as a whole is getting warmer... since the solutions to Laplaces Equation are typically Sinusoids, Bessel functions, or Spherical Harmonics: you can have some oscillations... which means typically warmer places could get colder.

It's Physics : D

NuggetWarmer
January 28th, 2009, 12:31 PM
where in dallas are you nugget? Im here in lewisville/flower mound and we get out.

I'm over in the White Rock area, near Mesquite.

Terror(NO)More
January 28th, 2009, 12:37 PM
Well, I have a picture I took from my window because ATM I'm not getting my ass dressed to go out. Though when I do I will get you better pictures.

http://i42.tinypic.com/333uxx1.jpg

L0d3x
January 28th, 2009, 01:33 PM
We NEVER get that kind of snow =(

CN3089
January 28th, 2009, 01:47 PM
Well, I have a picture I took from my window because ATM I'm not getting my ass dressed to go out. Though when I do I will get you better pictures.

http://i42.tinypic.com/333uxx1.jpg

Wow, you must have no snow infrastructure at all if that is school-closing.

Apoc4lypse
January 28th, 2009, 02:00 PM

probably doesnt... where I used to live wed get out if there was like 4 inches of snow or so, now im a little more north and ive had school on days where we had like 6-8 inches.

Its not the snow ammount that gets you out its the road conditions, and different counties spend different ammounts of money and time into such things based on there location and previous weather, so places that normaly never get snow usually have hardly any snow infrastructure so when it does snow it doesnt take much to have poor road/travel conditions.

Roostervier
January 28th, 2009, 02:04 PM
It's the same here, an inch of snow can close school for a day. It's because all the country roads. Up where I used to live it'd take upwards of 9 inches to get you out of school.

Apoc4lypse
January 28th, 2009, 02:12 PM
yea... but just to comment on the thread title... one of my professors was explaining how global warming doesn't exist its just a natural climate occurance, while I believe that I also believe its very possible were speeding it up.

I believe if the weather wasnt changing or doing anything undesirable no one would even care or think twice about it, but god forbid the climate changes and we all go nuts. Climate change has been happening for thousands of years, and whats happening lately is the same thing, except were only just starting to be able to see results, this whole things probably been happening way before we even existed... glacial ice retreats and eventually advances its a cycle.

Although it is possible our effects could have unforseen consequences to such a cycle with the ammount of co2 we pump into the atmosphere the thing is co2 has always been getting pumped into the atmosphere before we were even here the question is how much of a % did we change that quanity and the answer is no one really knows for sure.

I mean I'm all for going green and such but some people act like its the end of the world. :blames the day after tomorrow: which is actually a cool movie, I always wanted to see things get supercooled on a massive scale haha, cool movie but not exactly realistic.

E: Was gonna edit this and add the southpark global warming video, but youtube sucks and removed it, stupid licensing. I can't find that video anywhere, anyone know where to find the video where there drawing on the United States, drawing the evacuation lines and the camera zooms out and theres a giant dick drawn on the US lmfao.

Pyong Kawaguchi
January 28th, 2009, 02:14 PM
I think global warming broke :(
Or, people just bought wayyy to many prius's

Sel
January 28th, 2009, 02:19 PM

Yeah really...

http://www.hivclan.net/hivshack/images/qpstc3ybxc8dgsy8o.jpg

http://www.hivclan.net/hivshack/images/g0ceqqsl1qx775owe20.jpg

We're still going to school :saddowns:

L0d3x
January 28th, 2009, 02:28 PM
Holy shit that's awesome, damnit stupid crappy belgian weather.

Apoc4lypse
January 28th, 2009, 02:29 PM
Yeah really...

[pictures]

We're still going to school :saddowns:

I want your snow... now, so I can go snowboarding.

E: where you live??? east coast? I think vermont got like a foot from the storm that just passed... us down here in new jersey got like 3 inches then some ice/rain yayyy.

Ice is what gets us out of school here tho, so I dont have class later tonight haha. If we get just snow we can get like 8 inches and if the roads are plowed in time we have school, ice on the other hand there more cautious whenever freezing/ice is involved.

SnaFuBAR
January 28th, 2009, 03:02 PM
Fuckin' a. Cali doesn't get shit. Our weather is the same as it has always been, and by that, I mean hot one day cold another, then windy, then raining.

DEElekgolo
January 28th, 2009, 03:03 PM
Its snowing for you? Here in cali its been pretty windy and we have been getting waves and waves of rain from the north.

dark57
January 28th, 2009, 03:06 PM
Global warming is a myth.

Syuusuke
January 28th, 2009, 03:29 PM
Global warming is a euphemism. For what, I don't know, but think about it.

It was snowing here for abit, then started to rain, now everything is like diarrehic snow. Slushy.

ICEE
January 28th, 2009, 03:56 PM
I have never had a snow day in all of my life. Fuck you southern California. We get the occasional Pollution day, but that usually doesn't cancel school altogether. Just the PE and shit.

cheezdue
January 28th, 2009, 04:32 PM

Edit:

Global WARMING

ahahahhahahahahahahaha

Dallas will always get the least part of snow, especially in the south...:smith:

Heathen
January 28th, 2009, 05:10 PM
We had less snow than this and it got closed down.

Just for shits and giggles.

Your joking again right?

Daishi
January 28th, 2009, 05:15 PM
Here in lewisville we didn't even get snow...we got slush and wet. Then it froze last night and the 1/4 inch of ice on the roads shut down all of LISD. I laughed. Second day off today.

cheezdue
January 28th, 2009, 05:25 PM
DISD will probably have school tomorrow. I need another day to catch up on homework. D:

DEElekgolo
January 28th, 2009, 08:35 PM
In b4 Ice age.

DaaxGhost
January 28th, 2009, 08:37 PM
Im here in lewisville/flower mound and we get out.

I've been out for 2 days. D:

Hoping for 1 more. Then just go to school for friday. In cali they had waves and waves of rain. skitsafrantic weather bustin us up.

ODX
January 28th, 2009, 09:20 PM
I've only had 1 snow day, and 2 cold days (negative fucking temperatures, thurs/fri before Inauguration weekend/Martin Luther King Jr. day). Yesterday we had about 2 inches of snow on the sidewalks, which melted to 1 inch and below by the time I got home. Streets were totally dry. This is 30-40 minutes west of Chicago, so it's probably because of Lake Michigan not completely cooled off yet from the warmer seasons. If I'm wrong, it's because I have almost no education in weather, I only just started it in Science on Monday. Keep in mind it's 8th grade Science also, so it's pretty damn easy stuff.
Edit: So far though, I've already had more snow that I did last year...and if global warming is supposedly getting 'worse,' well....

kid908
January 28th, 2009, 09:21 PM

global warming isn't a myth. it's hard fact that the world is warming up. the cause is the myth.

Mass
January 28th, 2009, 09:35 PM
The icecaps melting sends cold water into the gulf stream.

:/

kid908
January 28th, 2009, 09:42 PM
The icecaps melting sends cold water into the gulf stream.

:/

the down right cause. is it our falt or is it natural.

Mass
January 28th, 2009, 09:48 PM
the down right cause. is it our falt or is it natural.
I wasn't responding to you, and regardless of whether or not pollutants cause global warming (and since disagreement about this in the scientific community is little to none, I'd wager they do) they're not healthy for us.

I'm sorry so many people have been duped by partisanship and a corporate agenda into thinking there's any real reason to believe it's not a threat.

DarkHalo003
January 28th, 2009, 09:57 PM
Georgia rarely gets snow. Be glad you got it. And Global Warming is an incorrect term because it's colder in most places right now. I say GLOBAL CLIMATE CHANGE FTW! :awesome:

I believe the Earth just goes through trends and that we really don't do that much to drastically change it. The original scheme of Global Warming was actually just a hoax for this guy to raise funds for whatever. He even admitted it himself before he died. Now, however, many will debate that because we are putting quite a lot of Carbon into the atmosphere. Still, the Earth puts around 90% of Carbon into the atmosphere while we out around 10% or less into the atmosphere. We have probably changed the Earth's climate a bit, but not by as large as a margin as Hollywood emphasizes or exaggerates. This is obvious if you look at past Earth trends.

Phopojijo
January 28th, 2009, 11:16 PM
You do realize Global Warming implies the world as a whole is getting warmer... since the solutions to Laplaces Equation are typically Sinusoids, Bessel functions, or Spherical Harmonics: you can have some oscillations... which means typically warmer places could get colder.

It's Physics : DAs stated.

DrunkenSamus
January 28th, 2009, 11:52 PM
I wish SoCal would be colder. :(

DaaxGhost
January 29th, 2009, 06:51 PM
I love how al goe was preaching about global warming as snow was blanketing the ground.. :P sucker..

CN3089
January 29th, 2009, 07:05 PM
I love how al goe was preaching about global warming as snow was blanketing the ground.. :P sucker..
IT'S COLD!!! GLOBAL WARMING DEBUNKED!!!! HURRRRRRRR http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c251/CN3089/Emoticons/downsdance.gif

DaaxGhost
January 29th, 2009, 07:07 PM
IT'S COLD!!! GLOBAL WARMING DEBUNKED!!!! HURRRRRRRR http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c251/CN3089/Emoticons/downsdance.gif

^^ lmao.