PDA

View Full Version : Brain Age

Jean-Luc
January 29th, 2009, 03:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Hzf8TjbigE

Y'know, I do understand the point of the game...but I mean damn, are we really losing our ability to do simple activities like this? The commercials with older people doing this made sense, keeping the mind sharp and all that, I get it. But young women?

"I'm a little bit impressed by my math."

Are we REALLY falling this far?

If I'm wrong, by all means, point me down the enlightened road.

Sel
January 29th, 2009, 03:17 PM
tbh the game was pretty fun.

CN3089
January 29th, 2009, 04:05 PM
Y'know, I do understand the point of the game...but I mean damn, are we really losing our ability to do simple activities like this?
The point of the game is to do said simple activities as fast as possible without error ~hth~

Heathen
January 29th, 2009, 04:33 PM
Try it.

Its fanstastic.

I have brainchallenge.

Its pretty easy till you start getting into the 30%'s

nick3d
January 29th, 2009, 04:39 PM
I got brain challenge and i get around brain age of 20 per day, its too easy to be honest

Sel
January 29th, 2009, 04:43 PM
I got brain challenge and i get around brain age of 20 per day, its too easy to be honest

Guess it's not as accurate as it claims.

Rook
January 29th, 2009, 05:02 PM
That was a personal blow.

Heathen
January 29th, 2009, 05:14 PM
Too bad brainchallenge doesn't go by ages...

:fail:

Mr Buckshot
January 29th, 2009, 08:07 PM
Brain Age is fun for the first play-through but gets boring after a while.

If you mess up on the simple tasks, it's not necessarily because your mind is slow, it's a psychological thing, when we see how simple Brain Age is we automatically think "oh hey I can speed through this, no problem," and then we have a greater tendency to make errors.

itszutak
January 29th, 2009, 08:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Hzf8TjbigE

Y'know, I do understand the point of the game...but I mean damn, are we really losing our ability to do simple activities like this? The commercials with older people doing this made sense, keeping the mind sharp and all that, I get it. But young women?

"I'm a little bit impressed by my math."

Are we REALLY falling this far?

If I'm wrong, by all means, point me down the enlightened road.
dude it's a joke

It makes the advertisement comedic and therefore more appealing

thehoodedsmack
January 29th, 2009, 09:32 PM
They had a display for this game at a Futureshop in town... I got the worst possible scores, because bitches don't know 'bout my "7"s looking like "1"s... =_=

Jean-Luc
January 30th, 2009, 11:27 AM
dude it's a joke

It makes the advertisement comedic and therefore more appealing

I understand, just didn't hit me that way. Now I have been enlightened, thank you guys for helping me make sense out of this.

nick3d
January 30th, 2009, 02:44 PM
Guess it's not as accurate as it claims.

What the fuck are you talking about, you dont even fuckin know me personally so go fuck your self

CN3089
January 30th, 2009, 05:10 PM
What the fuck are you talking about, you dont even fuckin know me personally so go fuck your self
awww u mad?

Sel
January 30th, 2009, 05:14 PM
awww u mad?

look out cn hes a badass irl hell beat us up :( :( :(

Limited
January 30th, 2009, 06:03 PM
5 x 1, really? What the hell people.

I understand its good for you to keep your brain in gear, but to be honest if you have to train your brain, meaning you do fuck all with your brain at your job then its pretty damn sad.

Crosswords & Sudoko > brain training.

I do neither of them, brain training is on a DS so of course I'm not going to buy it, I dont want a kids toy.

p0lar_bear
February 1st, 2009, 09:59 PM
5 x 1, really? What the hell people.

I understand its good for you to keep your brain in gear, but to be honest if you have to train your brain, meaning you do fuck all with your brain at your job then its pretty damn sad.

Not all jobs require you to think quickly all the time. Landscaping, stocking, moving, and cleaning are all manual labor, all the time.

Plus, as others said, this game puts you on the spot. It throws simple questions at you rapid-fire and times you, also penalizing you if you get it wrong. It tests your mental reflexes, not your intelligence.

It reminds me of the "game show" effect, where people at home watch a game show, answer the questions better than the contenstant, and then call them dumb for not getting "such an easy question" right. Find a buddy who has this game, and try it. Unless you have honed mental reflexes and can think quick on your feet under pressure, I guarantee your brain age will land somewhere past the mid fifties.

paladin
February 2nd, 2009, 01:33 AM
When I was saying the colors, it couldn't understand me when I say blue, so my brain age was like 70 and 80 for like 2 weeks XO

nick3d
February 2nd, 2009, 12:07 PM
i just dont do the talking 1's

Limited
February 3rd, 2009, 03:25 AM
Well considering most of the games on it were free flash games before brain training came out, I'd rather play them...