PDA

View Full Version : Sallie Mae students loans

Cojafoji
January 30th, 2009, 04:24 PM
Any of you had the pleasure (or equally intense feeling of dread) to fill out a Sallie Mae student loan? I submitted the required paper work almost a month ago, and I have yet to see any progress on their end. It says that it is still waiting on the college to forward certain information. Is this something that I would have to facilitate on campus, or should I just wait for them to, I guess, get around to it? Any info that you guys would be a tremendous help. I don't feel like taking the bus up to school, just to get bullshit about how I don't have to do anything. Also, I would have called if they didn't put me on hold and then hang up on me. Like I said, thanks for any info...

SnaFuBAR
January 30th, 2009, 04:28 PM
Sallie May is a horrible lender. I was almost dropped from my college because of them being so damn slow about getting my money to the appropriate hands. The school actually had to put 1k in on my behalf just to keep me there.

Talk to someone at your school to see what's happening with them. Sallie May tends only to communicate when they want payments.

Limited
January 30th, 2009, 04:31 PM
Well you gotta remember theres probably a ton of applicants around the country all applying right now, so you will need to be patient.

I'm pretty sure it will sort its self out, usually when they say they need info from the college they get it themselves and the applicant doesnt need to do any thing.

It wouldnt hurt to check the status of it though if your really worried.