PDA

View Full Version : Snow Day

Limited
February 2nd, 2009, 03:23 AM
Omg its a snow day!!!

Never had one before in my life but its finally happened. Uni is closed because theres alot of snow outside.

Cold weather from Russia made its way over here and the UK is covered in snow, airports closed, London buses have been stopped.

Cant wait to go outside and play in snow :D Pictures soon :D

Have a good day!

Bodzilla
February 2nd, 2009, 03:31 AM
sounds cool :p

only seen the snow twice, and once i was so small i couldnt remember....

KiDD
February 2nd, 2009, 07:51 AM
I had one earlier this month. My question is what do you plan on doing? Taking advantage of the snow or just chillin on the computer?

FireDragon04
February 2nd, 2009, 07:52 AM
Sucks for me, as i have a pathological fear of snow, no joke.

Chilling inside...as far as I can get away form it, Its quite bad here in East Yorkshire too, not as bad as i've seen in other places on the news though.

JunkfoodMan
February 2nd, 2009, 10:11 AM
I loved it.
Just met up with my mates and we literally walked all over town, and the woods outside it.
While having snowball fights, of course.
I love snow days.

edit: aaaannnddd my school is closed again tomorrow.
suh-weet.

paladin
February 2nd, 2009, 10:51 AM
:picsorstfu:

Mr Buckshot
February 2nd, 2009, 12:23 PM
I'm jealous of you, it snows enough that the schools close?

Over here the snow got so bad in winter 08, it was nearly impossible to drive, but schools didn't close.

Cojafoji
February 2nd, 2009, 02:15 PM
Sounds good man, I only got a two hour delay (for work [library] not school) last week when the streets were frozen over.
Pfft, snow is for pussies. I prefer molten lava.

Anton
February 2nd, 2009, 02:43 PM
My school gets out for ~1 Inch of snow. But I live near a bunch of woods, etc and salt trucks can't get to it all. Ice is common. We were out for 2 weeks last year, and we were out on and off the past two weeks this year... Tomorrow we'll probably be out too.

Apoc4lypse
February 2nd, 2009, 02:49 PM
odd... we got another one of those random ass "spring days" over here in central jersey, frikin wierd weather, well mb its mostly the sun making it feel warm out. its like 47 degrees but feels warmer, and were supposed to get snow tomorrow lol.

E: Why does NOAA.gov and Weather.com constatly have different forecasts... noaa says were going to get rain tonight, Weather.com says snow, not only that the winter weather advisory is saying accumulations 2-4 inches with higher ammounts possible in New Jersey!?!? when the hell does that ever happen, who ever wrote that must be on some crazy shit... I bet we end up just getting rain lawl, I thought Weather.com used forecasts from NOAA kind of, or at least used them as a source for information, but right now they're kind of contradicting each other.

Syuusuke
February 2nd, 2009, 03:08 PM
Heh, it's 48° F here, or 9 C for you metricusers.

Quite warm too =D All I had to wear was a sportsjacket.

Rook
February 2nd, 2009, 03:51 PM
Cool stuff.

On average I've missed 2-3 days every week because of weather since the end of December.

Hotrod
February 2nd, 2009, 04:51 PM
Nice, we haven't had a snowday here in a while, only one this year... What kind of stuff did you do to enjoy your it?

blind
February 2nd, 2009, 05:56 PM
haha I just saw this on the news.
The kids were sledding on some CUSTY looking snow though.

Limited
February 3rd, 2009, 03:07 AM
Day 2, MORE SNOW :O :O

It started to melt like crazy last night and I was getting sad no more snow, had to do the work for uni that was due in today (tuesday) but I just woke up and everything is white again, so uni is 99% likely to be shut again.

I dont know how deep it is, probably like 2 inchs but I cant tell. Apparently the uni has to legally close down, just in case any one hurts themselvbes walking to uni or walking between the buildings at the uni, some one could sue them.

Yesterday went out in snow, had a snow ball fight. Bastard housemate put a ton of snow down my neck after saying truce. Today is revenge day :D

Probably going to make a snowman as we didnt yesterday.

Heres some pictures (from inside, I'll probalhy take a few tomorrow, hands were too cold to yesterday)

Monday's Pictures
http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/1624/77068233xh6.jpg

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/492/86292069ts4.jpg

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/8841/19988775eg8.jpg

Tuesdays Pictures
http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/1329/96472852gp2.jpg
Sun is shining today, so snow wont last that long I think, as long as it lasts to 12pm I'm good for another day off.

StankBacon
February 3rd, 2009, 03:10 AM
Sucks for me, as i have a pathological fear of snow, no joke.

Chilling inside...as far as I can get away form it

lol, this is interesting... what about it scares you?

Hunter
February 3rd, 2009, 03:59 AM
Yup, we are covered in snow Lol. But the snow has frozen now. So it sucks, no more snowballs :(

I have nearly fell over twice Lol, But walking home from college last night was fun, I slid down half of the road. Pretty slippy snow :P

Limited
February 3rd, 2009, 04:11 AM
Turns out that 1% was right, uni is open for some crazy reason. Although theres the exact same amount of snow as there was yesterday. It just says dont take any risks, so I'm, obviously scared for my life and decided to stay at home and do the work..

Hotrod
February 3rd, 2009, 04:00 PM
Yeah, that happens to us here sometimes. The roads are extremely bad, there are a lot of accidents, and yet, the buses are still running...

DarkHalo003
February 3rd, 2009, 04:04 PM
Awesome dude. Here in Georgia, it snows every other year, although the weather is considered very spontaneous and not exactly predictable. We also have snow to the north of us (as in the state) and it sucks because we haven't had one snow day where I am this year. :gonk:

Hunter
February 7th, 2009, 03:32 PM
:( Snow is going. It should 3 be times as bad on sunday in the UK. My college has not closed in years Lol. It was open.

Limited
February 7th, 2009, 03:34 PM
Yeah, last two days have been pretty poor, melted and just rain, but the rest of the week has been amazing.

Sunday really bad eh? I'm hoping sunday night also, then monday off again :D