PDA

View Full Version : Stargate Worlds

Joshflighter
February 2nd, 2009, 11:39 AM
Stargate Worlds is supposed to be released in the first quarter of 2009, but my question is:

Is it worth it.

The graphics don't look like what they could be. Everything in the screen shots look dumbed down. The Characters look really low poly too. I dunno about game play, but most beta-tester reviews that got leaked.. supposedly sucked.

I dunno, do you guys think it will be a worth buying? :rolleyes:

(Imo, it looks like they are just trying to make money, but dunno)

http://community.stargateworlds.com/warehouse/gallery/1256_original.jpg

(That looks terrible imo)

I love the show, and that might be the only reason I will look forward to this. :(

Cortexian
February 2nd, 2009, 11:26 PM
I've been trying to get into the closed beta for over a year now...

Hotrod
February 3rd, 2009, 06:36 AM
It never really sounded like that good of a game to me, and those reviews don't seem to help.

Joshflighter
February 3rd, 2009, 07:31 AM
I've been trying to get into the closed beta for over a year now...

I had about 10 people get there beta's taken away, because I found them trading them for other beta key's.

I then asked the same mod for a key since I helped them, and they told me there thankful, but no.

Funny thing, is most of the beta traders, were in the moderator and other moderator guilds/factions. That's why they got one. :(

I just think that they don't really care about the fans. They are just trying to get money based off of the fans of the show. :|

:(

=sw=warlord
February 3rd, 2009, 11:43 AM
*looks at image*
Just...ew no.
Who the fuck thought cardboard looking levels and bipeds would make a good game?
At least use Doom 3 engine or the source engine that just looks horrible.
i like stargate and all but i would be more inclined to play stargate mods for crysis or halflife than have to pay for something that looks as crap as that.

BobtheGreatII
February 3rd, 2009, 01:45 PM
*looks at image*
Just...ew no.
Who the fuck thought cardboard looking levels and bipeds would make a good game?
At least use Doom 3 engine or the source engine that just looks horrible.
i like stargate and all but i would be more inclined to play stargate mods for crysis or halflife than have to pay for something that looks as crap as that.

I would be disturbed to see stargate running on id Tech4...

Edit: Also, games aren't always about looks. Gameplay is a key. I would play the first Half-Life over and over, just because it's a great game, not because it looks good.
But as a fan of the show also, that does look fairly awful, and I'm afraid that there might be some poor sound-a-like voice actors for the game. Dunno though, haven't really followed the game.