PDA

View Full Version : ok so, in sapien.. but ang on a sec..

phantom
February 2nd, 2009, 03:31 PM
so im all like wooot got my map in sapien.. and then wtf happened to my textures and stuff?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v72/wonder_finn/interwz.png

anyone tell me how/where/why i went wrong?

teh lag
February 2nd, 2009, 03:36 PM
First, it helps us all if you keep your problems to one thread.

You did not set up your ground shader correctly. To do this :

1. Move the shader_environment that is supposed to be used on the level (it should be directly in your "tags" folder, judging from what you did in the other thread) to a folder called "shaders" located in your level directory. Ex : tags\levels\penis\shaders.

2. Recompile your BSP. This will automatically account for having moved the shader (which would otherwise cause an invalid reference in the BSP).

3. Open the shader in Guerilla and assign it the appropriate bitmap tags and values. You should look at an existing ground shader for guidance. Ex : levels\test\tutorial\shaders\example_tutorial_grou nd.shader_environment.

phantom
February 2nd, 2009, 03:51 PM
First, it helps us all if you keep your problems to one thread.

You did not set up your ground shader correctly. To do this :

1. Move the shader_environment that is supposed to be used on the level (it should be directly in your "tags" folder, judging from what you did in the other thread) to a folder called "shaders" located in your level directory. Ex : tags\levels\penis\shaders.

2. Recompile your BSP. This will automatically account for having moved the shader (which would otherwise cause an invalid reference in the BSP).

3. Open the shader in Guerilla and assign it the appropriate bitmap tags and values. You should look at an existing ground shader for guidance. Ex : levels\test\tutorial\shaders\example_tutorial_grou nd.shader_environment.

ill try that. thanks teh lag, you da man!

phantom
February 2nd, 2009, 04:05 PM
ill try that. thanks teh lag, you da man!
can i ask is the last step needed?cause i dont really know what to do with that

teh lag
February 2nd, 2009, 04:06 PM
can i ask is the last step needed?cause i dont really know what to do with that

It is if you want the bitmaps to show up. Like I said, just look at an existing ground shader and pretty much everything should be self-explanitory.

phantom
February 2nd, 2009, 04:08 PM
It is if you want the bitmaps to show up. Like I said, just look at an existing ground shader and pretty much everything should be self-explanitory.
basicly i did everything apart from the last step just now, recompiled and woahza where the crp has my map gone? i get into sapien and my model is nowhere to be seen..

teh lag
February 2nd, 2009, 04:08 PM
basicly i did everything apart from the last step just now, recompiled and woahza where the crp has my map gone? i get into sapien and my model is nowhere to be seen..

You have to re-run radiosity every time you compile a BSP. Protip : entering radiosity_step_count 1 before running it makes the window update faster, allowing you to end radiosity earlier if you don't want to wait for the whole thing to finish.

phantom
February 2nd, 2009, 04:16 PM
You have to re-run radiosity every time you compile a BSP. Protip : entering radiosity_step_count 1 before running it makes the window update faster, allowing you to end radiosity earlier if you don't want to wait for the whole thing to finish.
holy balls man i just remembered i forgot to put radiosity in at all the first time.. >.< could you run by me the commands i should use?

teh lag
February 2nd, 2009, 04:22 PM
holy balls man i just remembered i forgot to put radiosity in at all the first time.. >.< could you run by me the commands i should use?

Just look at the HEK tutorial. I'm happy to help with stuff that's not covered in it, but people here won't hold your hand on everything.

phantom
February 2nd, 2009, 04:30 PM
Just look at the HEK tutorial. I'm happy to help with stuff that's not covered in it, but people here won't hold your hand on everything.
ok well im gonna check it out tomoz, its getting late here and i have to go .

ShadowSpartan
February 2nd, 2009, 04:41 PM
Some more advice for surviving on these forums, type properly, use correct grammar, etc. Saying stuff like "tomoz" is just annoying.

Anyway, good luck with making your map. And as teh_lag said, don't rely on the community for every little thing. Put some effort into looking your questions up before you ask.

phantom
February 3rd, 2009, 04:15 AM
Some more advice for surviving on these forums, type properly, use correct grammar, etc. Saying stuff like "tomoz" is just annoying.

Anyway, good luck with making your map. And as teh_lag said, don't rely on the community for every little thing. Put some effort into looking your questions up before you ask.
hehe saying tomoz is force of habit, atleast i dont say u instead of you xD
and also my youtube has stopped working(it loads then crashes XD) so i cant find the commands, but ill keep looking :p

ok so i realize that what ive done is actually smarter than i thought, i'd ran radiosity in tool first using the lightmaps command thing.. i'll find it in a sec;
tool.exe lightmaps levels\test\snowwars\snowwars snowwars 0 0.9
i run sapien, ok my map is back but it's still all squishhed up and wierd looking..

phantom
February 3rd, 2009, 06:53 AM
sorry for double post, but after a while of noseing around i found the problem
the file "snowwars_walls.env****" had been saved by my sister to a different name, so it didnt work -.- but i put it back how it was and it's working, thanks guys youre really helpful.. i understand abit more about what i'm doing now.