PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 Networking Issue

hobojoe
February 3rd, 2009, 12:18 PM
Ok plain and simple heres the problem.
Windows 7 runs fine on my laptop and have had no issues up until now.
Fire fox is the only program that will detect an internet connection. IE8, itunes and other programs say there is no connection. So I have an internet connection because fire fox works. But the rest are giving me different answers.
I was wondering if there is a simple solution to fix this problem, Or if someone has had a similar issue and resolved it.
I tried M$ for help but have still gotten no direct answer. And I couldn't find anything on Google either.

E: I also updated all drivers so i don't think thats the issue

Please help.

BobtheGreatII
February 3rd, 2009, 01:40 PM
Weird... when I installed it, I didn't have any problems like this.

But there's also the fact that it's still in the early beta stages, so I wouldn't expect everything to work for everyone.

RickYng
February 3rd, 2009, 03:44 PM
Complaining about Windows 7 Beta is like buying an old car with the remark that the engine might be broken and expecting it to run like a Lamborghini.

It's pointless; send feedback. Fix it yourself or leave it...the beta is not for the inexperienced general public.

Terin
February 3rd, 2009, 04:00 PM
Uh, he's not complaining. He's asking for possible help. Even if it's in the beta, it's not like it's taboo to ask for any assistance.

What does the network and sharing center say about your internet? And are you on wired or wireless internet?

hobojoe
February 3rd, 2009, 04:32 PM
Complaining about Windows 7 Beta is like buying an old car with the remark that the engine might be broken and expecting it to run like a Lamborghini.

It's pointless; send feedback. Fix it yourself or leave it...the beta is not for the inexperienced general public.

Well thank you for the very unconsructive post. that really help me out alot.

What does the network and sharing center say about your internet? And are you on wired or wireless internet?

It's a wireless connection. And it says its connected. But programs including the IE8 that came with the beta still don't pick it up. It's really kinda weird.

EX:
http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh245/hobojoe42/Untitled.png

Roostervier
February 3rd, 2009, 04:59 PM
Hmm, just try rebooting a few times. Sometimes my internet connection randomly cuts out, and no matter what I do it won't reconnect. So I just reboot until it works again, and that usually works. <_<

hobojoe
February 3rd, 2009, 05:08 PM
Hmm, just try rebooting a few times. Sometimes my internet connection randomly cuts out, and no matter what I do it won't reconnect. So I just reboot until it works again, and that usually works. <_<

That was my first idea, But after several reboots it did nothing.

Donut
February 3rd, 2009, 08:50 PM
maybe the firewall is blocking the applications? i dont know a thing about windows 7, but if i had this issue, the "allowed applications" list in the firewall settings is where i would look first

RickYng
February 4th, 2009, 06:33 AM
Turn off the Ethernet adapter or make sure only one adapter is running.

hobojoe
February 4th, 2009, 03:10 PM
Turn off the Ethernet adapter or make sure only one adapter is running.

Did that but still nothing

Cojafoji
February 5th, 2009, 02:31 PM
Hey man, I read about something similar, and I hope that this helps. Windows 7 comes inundated with a number of software drivers; however, some of them aren't exactly a perfect fit. It's kind of like shoes in the 1850's, mix and match, and pray your feet aren't size 12.5". Try reinstalling the wireless/wired drivers for your network card, with the CD that came with your laptop. When you installed Windows it might have said "eh, this shit is good enough, fuck it." I hope this helps. :D