PDA

View Full Version : Cmt FAQ

Masterz1337
March 25th, 2007, 07:47 PM
Ask your questions, We answer them :)

Limited
March 25th, 2007, 07:49 PM
Fantastic a lil FAQ :)

Now, I cant remember what thread I posted the question "does the BR thingy have one shot when zoomed and burst when not?" so I have no idea if you replied, could you answer it now?

Hurrvish
March 25th, 2007, 07:50 PM
i thought the title said 'Cmt fag'...

anyways, is cmt going to work on something super secret, that will blow our minds away from leet-ness?, or are they just going to make mod more maps with their own weapons? (question meant for multiplayer)

Pred1ator
March 25th, 2007, 07:51 PM
Will the AR in spv2 have its original skin (the shiny one)

Limited
March 25th, 2007, 07:51 PM
i thought the title said 'Cmt fag'...

anyways, is cmt going to work on something super secret, that will blow our minds away from leet-ness?, or are they just going to make mod more maps with their own weapons? (question meant for multiplayer)Even I can answer that one.

No to the secret-ness

Yes to the leetness, its called SPv2 :)

Masterz1337
March 25th, 2007, 08:06 PM
Now, I cant remember what thread I posted the question "does the BR thingy have one shot when zoomed and burst when not?" so I have no idea if you replied, could you answer it now?
In H1, our br only does 3 round burst. However, when zoomed in, it fires all 3 bullets with 100% acuracy. Whether it will do single shot zoomed in H2V is yet to be decided, as the new Ma5K behaves very similar.

Will the AR in spv2 have its original skin (the shiny one)
As in the one from Fragment and the other 3 MP maps released? The answer is Yes.

anyways, is cmt going to work on something super secret, that will blow our minds away from leet-ness?, or are they just going to make mod more maps with their own weapons? (question meant for multiplayer)
The only new thing in the MP maps that are comming out (and sooner than you think) is the Ma5K, and the new HUD. The backpack weapons might be added by someone outside the team, but for now, we are focused on Single Player V2 (which has a few new cool things we have not shown yet.)

Hotrod
March 25th, 2007, 08:27 PM
What happened to the apparition in the MP maps? Will it appear in SPv2? And why did you take my idea?:)

Masterz1337
March 25th, 2007, 08:30 PM
What happened to the apparition in the MP maps? Will it appear in SPv2? And why did you take my idea?:)
Apparation was removed because of the fact no one liked it. It might be replaced by the new brute vehicle we had in concept art, but due to time constraints, there might just be a red ghost that spews spiker shots instead. And to the 3rd question... Damn rippers -_-

Hotrod
March 25th, 2007, 08:32 PM
I mean the CMT Faq idea, I don't know what you could mean by damn rippers...

Pooky
March 25th, 2007, 08:43 PM
Apparation was removed because of the fact no one liked it. It might be replaced by the new brute vehicle we had in concept art, but due to time constraints, there might just be a red ghost that spews spiker shots instead. And to the 3rd question... Damn rippers -_-

I liked the way the apparition worked, just not the way it looked. I still think upping the BR burst damage is a horrible idea, but will the grenades do more damage in singleplayer version 2, but not so much as in SPv1? Cause I tried some grenade jumping with it, and it just killed me outright.

4RT1LL3RY
March 25th, 2007, 08:46 PM
I want to know if there will still be hunters in weird spots, like on the Pillar of Autumn or will they be brutes instead?

I_Am_Error117
March 25th, 2007, 08:47 PM
Could you make the apperation in one of the Maps?

Will nedleer turrets be back?

HOw are you?
WHat is w/ the 8x scope BR?

Pooky
March 25th, 2007, 08:49 PM
Upping the BR damage finaly makes it usefull in mp, as well as makes it better than the pistol in SP. Grenades are just as strong as they were in Spv1, a hit to most elites will destroy their shield, and a shot to a brute will make him go beserk.

Just make it so I can grenade jump with them and get to secret areas, and I'm happy.

Masterz1337
March 25th, 2007, 08:51 PM
I still think upping the BR burst damage is a horrible idea, but will the grenades do more damage in singleplayer version 2, but not so much as in SPv1? Cause I tried some grenade jumping with it, and it just killed me outright. Upping the BR damage finaly makes it usefull in mp, as well as makes it better than the pistol in SP. Grenades are just as strong as they were in Spv1, a hit to most elites will destroy their shield, and a shot to a brute will make him go beserk.

I want to know if there will still be hunters in weird spots, like on the Pillar of Autumn or will they be brutes instead?
Both. There is also a new type of hunter, that should be quite the challange to defeat.

Could you make the apperation in one of the Maps?

Will nedleer turrets be back?

HOw are you?
WHat is w/ the 8x scope BR?
1. No, but we will be releasing the tags for it.
2. Needle turrets shade turets? who needs those when we have [censored]
3. I am fine
4. It was a concept to make the BRG more usefull in MP, it's still up in the air if it will be part of the maps.

Just make it so I can grenade jump with them and get to secret areas, and I'm happy.
I live to make you unhappy.

Pooky
March 25th, 2007, 08:52 PM
:( h8 u

4RT1LL3RY
March 25th, 2007, 08:55 PM
Do dual wielding elites have a different melee animation then a single wielding elite?
Which style is the hunters Fuel Rod Gun, beam or blast?
Will brute spiker rounds reflect of walls now?
Do brutes have a brute shot or just spikers?
Is the flood AI better and do are there any new skins or models for them>
How effect is the Jackal Plasma Rifle against elites and is it more effective against shielded enemies then the regular Plasma Rifle? How long can it fire in automatic before over heating?

Ok, I think thats all of mine for now.

Pred1ator
March 25th, 2007, 08:56 PM
Q: will there be a totally new SP level (as shown in the last screen shot in the cmt single player thread) because the old SP is kinda getting boring now

Q: will there be a hunter fuel rod, if so, will it have a FP?

Q: will the Danos Jaugernaut be in it?

edit:

One last Question
Will this be for Vista? or All PCs?

Hotrod
March 25th, 2007, 09:00 PM
Will all the Spirits (Covenant Dropships) be replaced by Phantoms, or will there still be a few. How far (in percentage) is SPv2? How much bigger will the map files be? And what weapons will you be removing that were in Spv1? Are you still planning to make SPv2 for Xbox?

P.S : I forgive you Masterz, it gives the same result.

HDoan
March 25th, 2007, 09:03 PM
1) is the mini gun going to be in spv2?
2) Will the phantoms shoot?
3) Did you eat my cat or was it someone else
4) Will there be magic nuke launchers that wont damage users and you spawn with them and it has unlimited ammo, fully automatic

Pred1ator
March 25th, 2007, 09:05 PM
3) Did you eat my cat or was it someone else
4) Will there be magic nuke launchers that wont damage users and you spawn with them and it has unlimited ammo, fully automatic

...what do you think?

Pred1ator
March 25th, 2007, 09:15 PM
kk thz for answering man

Masterz1337
March 25th, 2007, 09:15 PM
Do dual wielding elites have a different melee animation then a single wielding elite?
Which style is the hunters Fuel Rod Gun, beam or blast?
Will brute spiker rounds reflect of walls now?
Do brutes have a brute shot or just spikers?
Is the flood AI better and do are there any new skins or models for them>
How effect is the Jackal Plasma Rifle against elites and is it more effective against shielded enemies then the regular Plasma Rifle? How long can it fire in automatic before over heating?

Ok, I think thats all of mine for now.
1. They don't melee.
2. Both are featured throughout the mod. You will fight the new hunters on the POA
3. Yes.
4. They have brute shots, Spikers, Brute Plasma Pistols and Brute plasma Rifles.
5. Flood AI is well, flood AI. They will drive vehicles this time around, and they had new skins in SPv1.
6. Jackal PR is incredibly weak against flesh, but it is quite effective when used against an elite shields. On harder difficulties, it's not worth picking up.

Q: will there be a totally new SP level (as shown in the last screen shot in the cmt single player thread) because the old SP is kinda getting boring now

Q: will there be a hunter fuel rod, if so, will it have a FP?

Q: will the Danos Jaugernaut be in it?

edit:

One last Question
Will this be for Vista? or All PCs?
1. The new SP level will be continued on vista. While H2V doesn't support SP maps, we will definatly be trying to make it work.

2. Hunter fuel rod might be left as an egg weapon like last time.

3. Probably not, we don't have the time nor tag space for it.

4. Once h2v comes out, we will jump ship and open source most of our stuff. We might leave the CMT tagset to a few individuals, to keep the pilot light on.

Will all the Spirits (Covenant Dropships) be replaced by Phantoms, or will there still be a few. How far (in percentage) is SPv2? How much bigger will the map files be? And what weapons will you be removing that were in Spv1? Are you still planning to make SPv2 for Xbox?

P.S : I forgive you Masterz, it gives the same result.
1. We cut the Phantoms due to time and tag space. The Spirits have gotten an upgrade however. Whether they will be destroyable has yet to be decided, although it is unlikely they will return.

2. What percent? hmmmm I would say 60% of the revisions are done.

3. Map sizes are around the same, 250mb.

4. The AARL, and chaingun have been removed.

5. SPv2 will be on xbox once Prom. (www.halodev.org (http://www.halodev.org)) is out.

Pooky
March 25th, 2007, 09:41 PM
Will the Spiker be powered up? It's not too useful at the moment and oddly, overshadowed by the SMG.

Will the silenced SMG make a comeback? I still prefer it over the new SMG

Different animations for the Brute PP and Jackal PR, as compared to the originals, or too little time/space/sex?

Do you use a gamepad to play Halo CE?

Masterz1337
March 25th, 2007, 09:47 PM
Will the Spiker be powered up? It's not too useful at the moment and oddly, overshadowed by the SMG.

Will the silenced SMG make a comeback? I still prefer it over the new SMG

Different animations for the Brute PP and Jackal PR, as compared to the originals, or too little time/space/sex?

Do you use a gamepad to play Halo CE?
1. Spiker is more acurate when the fist shots are fired, then its back to being like it currently is. It does a high amount of damage to flesh through, making it a great weapon to use against the brutes. It also deflcts off surfaces, so a smart user can use it to stop an enemy that is hidden from advancing or shields recharching.

2. Silenced SMG is right now, only planned to be on T&R.

3. Brute PP and PR are only in the mod, because we can use color change options in the weapon tag to make them use the same model and anims as the normal PR and PP. The particles are borrowed off of other tags, so there is minimal tag space used for the 3 new weapons that are added.

4. I use mouse and keyboard.

Mr Buckshot
March 25th, 2007, 10:44 PM
Do the members of CMT have hot moms?

I'll post something on topic after I read the previous posts.

m13120
March 25th, 2007, 10:45 PM
Do the members of CMT have milfs?

Fixed

Pooky
March 25th, 2007, 10:45 PM
1. Spiker is more acurate when the fist shots are fired, then its back to being like it currently is. It does a high amount of damage to flesh through, making it a great weapon to use against the brutes. It also deflcts off surfaces, so a smart user can use it to stop an enemy that is hidden from advancing or shields recharching.

Fires giant spikes, so needs more unshielded headshots. Cool though ^_^

m13120
March 25th, 2007, 11:19 PM
When will the next map pack be out? It's been awhile since the first release, especially since it was way back in January when you said

More maps will be released, expect one more map pack, and possibly weekly releases or Bi-weekly releases.

SMASH
March 25th, 2007, 11:29 PM
Why is Whiplashes mother so ugly ^_^.

I'm just kidding with ya Whip. I'm sure your mom is very hott.

Xegrot
March 26th, 2007, 12:23 AM
Will the Brute Spiker be redesigned (model wise) to give it the look it has as seen in Halo 3, or will it remain the same for originality? (even though it isn't an original weapon >_>)

Will the Marines have new skins, or will they just be... well, Marines? And has their AI been improved? (if AI improvment is even possible on Halo's engine...)

What kinds of bugs and glitches will be fixed in V2? Are there any specific kinds of bugs that disrupted gameplay, or will the entire thing just run better?

That's all I have to ask for now.

Mr Buckshot
March 26th, 2007, 01:21 AM
Will you put female AI teammates in the campaign?

AeonSlayer
March 26th, 2007, 02:38 AM
- Will CMT work on Halo:CE at all after H2V is out? coz i don't think i'm gonna be getting that for a while... :(

- Will the new SP level be for H2V exclusively, or is it possible to have a CE version?

- is there actaully gonna be a player usable energy sword in SPv2??

so far the game looks awesome!!

FRain
March 26th, 2007, 08:20 AM

2. Silenced SMG is right now, only planned to be on T&R.

3. Brute PP and PR are only in the mod, because we can use color change options in the weapon tag to make them use the same model and anims as the normal PR and PP. The particles are borrowed off of other tags, so there is minimal tag space used for the 3 new weapons that are added.

4. I use mouse and keyboard.

If you plan on using the unsilenced SMG, PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, CHANGE THE SOUND!

Oh, and the brute spiker doesn't deal too much damage FTW. Are you going to power it up and make something happen when they stick into something? Besides just stick there and dissapear?

nooBBooze
March 26th, 2007, 11:21 AM
Q: new taunts mb?
Q: will you need to actually have "skills" to beat spv2 on legendary?
Q:so aotcr will be a sandy desert this time around... y?

AAA
March 26th, 2007, 11:24 AM
Have you fixed the jaw problem on Keye's in Pillar of Autumn?

if not, Will you?

teh lag
March 26th, 2007, 01:32 PM
Will you put female AI teammates in the campaign?

Not unless we get a full dialogue set of female voices.

Have you fixed the jaw problem on Keye's in Pillar of Autumn?

if not, Will you?

As far as I know, we can't fix that. It's an animation problem.

Will CMT work on Halo:CE at all after H2V is out? coz i don't think i'm gonna be getting that for a while...
Not likely, once h2v is out we'll almost cerainly devote most of our efforts to it.

is there actaully gonna be a player usable energy sword in SPv2??
This isn't decided yet, but don't put any money on it as swords in the Halo 1 engine don't function very reliably.

AAA
March 26th, 2007, 02:51 PM
you guys gonna atleast make Keye's mouth move up and down more?

I_Am_Error117
March 26th, 2007, 03:01 PM
Which MP maps are left to be released?

Pred1ator
March 26th, 2007, 03:25 PM
Which MP maps are left to be released?
i hope its a map that CMt ACTUALLY made........ not another arteen map re-edited

Masterz1337
March 26th, 2007, 03:51 PM
We're far to busy to focus on new unique MP maps. Abandonded should be ready sometime soon.

Sunray
March 26th, 2007, 05:31 PM
And Delta ruins? Are we looking at anything as far as that is concerned?

Hotrod
March 26th, 2007, 05:57 PM
What happens when a elite that's dual wielding PRs gets killed? Will it drop two of them or a dual combo that you can't (or can) use? Will there still be the half destroyed warthogs at the end of The Maw?

Pred1ator
March 26th, 2007, 06:22 PM
masterz said we wont be able to pick them up, itll just lay on the ground like scenery

Mr Buckshot
March 26th, 2007, 06:43 PM
Are you still trying to implement any features that are or were thought impossible or too difficult to do in CE? E.g. full-on vehicle boarding with animations and such, a real-time score counter on the bottom right, a secondary weapon icon, seeing through the scope when unzoomed, etc?

Pooky
March 26th, 2007, 07:18 PM
i hope its a map that CMt ACTUALLY made........ not another arteen map re-edited

Um, Arteen is IN (was in) CMT... why can't they use his maps? They kick ass.

[MT]Slayer
March 26th, 2007, 11:06 PM
whats the brute plasma pistol? i thought brutes only carried brute plasma rifles, but that doesn't matter now, as long as what CMT wants to put in the SP V2, although if i were playing as a brute, i would probably choose shotgun, MA5C AR, SL, RL, Spiker, or Bruteshot, since in halo 2, the brutes also carried rockets and shotguns.

AAA
March 27th, 2007, 12:06 PM
2 questions

Why would you put un-interactive duel weilding?

Wouldn't it make more sense if you used Kenny's Duel Weilding script in the future and we could have loads more fun on a campaign WITH duel weilding the CMT weapons? >_>

teh lag
March 27th, 2007, 12:27 PM
2 questions

Wouldn't it make more sense if you used Kenny's Duel Weilding script in the future and we could have loads more fun on a campaign WITH duel weilding the CMT weapons? >_>

Because (right now at least) we don't have acess to the original campaign scripts. We can't make any changes to the SP level scripts without them.

Love De Lux
March 27th, 2007, 01:35 PM
Because (right now at least) we don't have acess to the original campaign scripts. We can't make any changes to the SP level scripts without them.

And the guy that know how to extract them want to keep this as a uber-leet-secret, that is ? :p

Q : Will the marines have dual-weapons ?

teh lag
March 27th, 2007, 01:56 PM
And Delta ruins? Are we looking at anything as far as that is concerned?

Delta ruins had some major FPS issues in our closed betas, but we're working on fixing them.

Not likely... you there's not enough situations where they could really benefit from them.

I_Am_Error117
March 27th, 2007, 03:32 PM
Could you list the situation on all maps?

I know of:

Boarding Action Reloaded- Cancled
Snowtorn Cove
Grove- Public Beta
Ivory Tower- Cancled?
Cliff Run
Abandoned
Vestige-Canceld?
Jungle Warfare
immure
No Remorse
Turf Reloaded- HAndeld by some one beta out
Paradise
Sidewinder Post Destruction
Death Island Remake
Delta Ruins
Twist "New Covie Map"- Private Beta

Sunray
March 27th, 2007, 03:41 PM
^ Nice list. No remorse and immure are out on 30th, Delta ruins see page 5. But some of these I hadn't even heard of before. Thanks for the list!

Pred1ator
March 27th, 2007, 03:46 PM
theres a public beta of Grove?

Sunray
March 27th, 2007, 03:55 PM
There was. I don't have it any more. It's quite old, and was in the exclusive member section before the purge of all those new joiners who came for CMT public betas (including me).

Mr Buckshot
March 27th, 2007, 08:16 PM
2 questions

My god, dual and duel are two very different words. Dual wielding is one of my favorite features in many FPS games, and I hate to see its name being screwed up. Misspelling "wielding" is ok (you should see how people in 11th grade IB spell fruit as frute), but not "dual."

Dual means two of something, hence it is the correct word. Duel means a one-on-one fight.

Anyway, yes, using Kenney's script would be awesome, seeing that it appears to be a breakthrough in Halo modding. I would like to dual wield the pistol or SMG with a plasma rifle.

I don't think they can handle it. MC's arms and hands are much bigger and stronger than those of normal humans, so he can easily handle recoil and the jolt without too much trouble (e.g. in real life, trying to hold and shoot a full-sized shotgun with one hand is dangerous and difficult). Trust me, if you try to dual wield two real life 9mm pistols, it's going to be far harder than in the movies.

The marines would benefit from dual pistols though :P.

Hotrod
March 27th, 2007, 08:19 PM
Kenney's script could only work in MP because up until now, you can't add or modify any scripts in SP. It would be awesome though.

Boba
March 27th, 2007, 08:19 PM
Boarding Action Reloaded- Cancled

Is not.

Masterz1337
March 27th, 2007, 08:20 PM
But it's part of your mod, not ours.

Pooky
March 27th, 2007, 08:21 PM
Vestige is apparently not canceled either.

What was wrong with the old Needler glow and rocket explosions?

teh lag
March 27th, 2007, 08:22 PM
BAR is cancelled as far as halo 1 is concerned. It's involved in a project for h2v, which is not part of CMT.

Pooky
March 27th, 2007, 08:26 PM
What was wrong with the old Needler glow and rocket explosions?

That was infact a question

[MT]Slayer
March 27th, 2007, 08:32 PM
the rocket explosions, seem, weird. I guess CMT reused the RL explosion in the recent CMT map pack from the old H2 Coagulation map (for CE).
Change that, it looks kinda funny.

Pooky
March 27th, 2007, 08:34 PM
The old h2 coagulation has the one the current map pack #1 has

[MT]Slayer
March 27th, 2007, 08:35 PM
thats what i just said...i think they should upgrade it, its old.

Pooky
March 27th, 2007, 08:38 PM
Slayer;41087']the rocket explosions, seem, weird. I guess CMT reused the RL explosion in the recent CMT map pack from the old H2 Coagulation map (for CE).
Change that, it looks kinda funny.

No, you said they used the old one from h2 coagulation. Which isn't true

Masterz1337
March 27th, 2007, 08:38 PM
Done it, and the new frag and rockets are oh so pretty... You will throw a frag just to watch it explode, it's so pretty.

Pooky
March 27th, 2007, 08:40 PM
You will throw a fag just to watch it explode, it's so pretty.

+rep

:lol:

[MT]Slayer
March 27th, 2007, 08:43 PM
no...they used the same one, the explosions are the same if you look closer, what vid card to you have anyways?

And To Masters, can we have a picture of the new fragmentation grenade explosion and/if/or the rocket explosion?

Pred1ator
March 27th, 2007, 08:48 PM
+rep

:lol:

+Rep for masterz too :XD:

Pooky
March 27th, 2007, 08:49 PM
http://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/large/a802af90197402c2c616bd17ce337f97d5f99351.png this frag explosion?

Hotrod
March 27th, 2007, 08:52 PM
That is a very nice explosion. What map is that from?

Pooky
March 27th, 2007, 08:53 PM
The new grove... oh shit you don't have enough rep to get it do you. +rep

Pred1ator
March 27th, 2007, 08:58 PM
OMG AWSOME MAP!
can i have some rep..im at 26 rep now...

i totally really wanna try that map, i beg you to rep me to 30...so close..I can feel it....

Hotrod
March 27th, 2007, 08:58 PM
Thank you for the +rep:). I had 29 but now i have enough. I would +rep you, but I can't give out any more today. Remind me to give you some tomorrow.

Pred1ator
March 27th, 2007, 09:00 PM
+reps hotrod so he has 30*

ok get back ontopic

I_Am_Error117
March 27th, 2007, 09:04 PM
Err so is my list accurate?

Psttt. Pred, duck here comes a rep.

Pred1ator
March 27th, 2007, 09:07 PM
I cant belive it, why is everyone being so nice to me all this sudden?

one question, is the ma5k skin final?

AAA
March 27th, 2007, 09:07 PM
http://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/large/a802af90197402c2c616bd17ce337f97d5f99351.png this frag explosion?

I don't like it tbh, change back to ones you used to use? please?

Masterz1337
March 27th, 2007, 09:09 PM
No

I_Am_Error117
March 27th, 2007, 09:11 PM
I cant belive it, why is everyone being so nice to me all this sudden?

one question, is the ma5k skin final?

Never knew you had practicly no rep. I dont lnow about the skin. Masterz Can I distribute Arteen's map? There are 2 versions also.

Edit: how much rep do you need for 2 bars?

Masterz1337
March 27th, 2007, 09:27 PM
100 for 2 bars, and if it's a version arteen released to the public, you can distribute, if it was private, don't. the Ma5k skin is final.

AeonSlayer
March 28th, 2007, 12:17 AM
wow, you people have lotsa rep! i only have like 6 lol!

Pred1ator
March 28th, 2007, 01:44 PM
post good posts=get more rep

works for me

Amit
March 28th, 2007, 03:18 PM
so ppl rep u? wow i didnt no everyone gets repped often

Pred1ator
March 28th, 2007, 03:20 PM
post soemthing they like, for example...

GET BACK ONTOPIC!

Pooky
March 28th, 2007, 03:22 PM
100 for 2 bars, and if it's a version arteen released to the public, you can distribute, if it was private, don't. the Ma5k skin is final.

I believe he was talking about emo grove, which was never public. I don't really like the MA5K skin though, it's really bland =(

Needs to be darker..

ImSpartacus
March 28th, 2007, 05:30 PM
Err so is my list accurate?

Psttt. Pred, duck here comes a rep.

i dont get it. do u get to beta or somethign when u get to 30 rep?

Pred1ator
March 28th, 2007, 05:31 PM
yes, nuff ced

ImSpartacus
March 28th, 2007, 05:33 PM
yes, nuff ced
fair enough, how much do u start with, i have like 18. no way, i dont post enough to get that much from 0.

but anyway, to get back on topic,

-if u did put a female spartan in, or any spartan ai for that amtter, wouldnt they be silent in combat? MC is silent unless talking in cut scenes.

-i heard that the br bullets are going to be a little stronger, good idea, but is anything happening to the br nades?

-i think i heard that there will be a brute pr and pp, what will the stat changes for those be? for example in halo 2, the brute pr was stronger, but overheated faster, so whats the strength and weakness of those weapons?

btw- really sry if any of these have already been answered, im a little more than a bit noobish .)

Boba
March 28th, 2007, 06:15 PM
Q: Does Masterz have a penis?
Q: If so, how large?
Q: What if some of us want to be elites in your mod (H2v version), is it still going to be S-II/S-III?

Masterz1337
March 28th, 2007, 06:18 PM
1. Yes
2. Bigger than yours
3. Elites will not be available.

teh lag
March 28th, 2007, 07:18 PM
No elites, assuming of course there is a 2 biped limit in whatever halo 2 uses as globals.

AAA
March 28th, 2007, 09:45 PM
1.What happens to the duel wielded weapons after the elites die?

2.Are there going to be any other enemies with duel wields?

3.Wouldn't it make sense, if enemies had duel wields, we should be able to duel wield aswell and equally match up to the enemy?

4.Will the backpack mod ever be included in SPv2?

5.if the backpack mod is EVER put in SPv2, will it support the duel wielded weapons?

if so...
will it drop the secondary weapon(Left Hand) and put the primary weapon(Right Hand) on back/belt, or Put both weapons of the duel wield on back/belt?

If not...
Why?

Note: To others who may already know the answer to some of these questions, I don't care. I want this to be answered by CMT. So, no flame about how everyone already knew. Stay on topic and ask your questions...

Masterz1337
March 28th, 2007, 10:23 PM
We won't be doing dual wielding until h2, as we would have to re-ballance the whole tagset. the backpack mod is not a priority for us, nor will it work in SPv2. Elites are the only enemies that dual wield, and when they drop the guns, we will have them turn into 2 separate guns.

Mr Buckshot
March 28th, 2007, 10:40 PM
If I bump possessed an Elite dual wielding PR's, what would happen?

1.What happens to the dual wielded weapons after the elites die?

2.Are there going to be any other enemies with dual wields?

3.Wouldn't it make sense, if enemies had wields, we should be able to dual wield aswell and equally match up to the enemy?

5.if the backpack mod is EVER put in SPv2, will it support the dual wielded weapons?

if so...
will it drop the secondary weapon(Left Hand) and put the primary weapon(Right Hand) on back/belt, or Put both weapons of the duel wield on back/belt?

If not...
Why?

Note: To others who may already know the answer to some of these questions, I don't care. I want this to be answered by CMT. So, no flame about how everyone already knew. Stay on topic and ask your questions...

fixed it for you. As you requested, only CMT will answer those questions.

AAA
March 28th, 2007, 11:53 PM
fixed it for you. As you requested, only CMT will answer those questions.

Thank You.

Mr Buckshot
March 28th, 2007, 11:56 PM
Oh I'm not sure about the dual wield part myself. I know that Elites will definitely dual wield, but think about the variety of enemies there. The Brutes are new here, and probably will dual wield, but that should be it. Hunters have an FRG for one arm and a shield for the other. Grunts are too puny. Jackals have to manage a shield with one hand. Flood only have one arm available for using a gun, since the other arm is too mutated to actually hold anything.

teh lag
March 29th, 2007, 05:44 AM
1.What happens to the duel wielded weapons after the elites die?

2.Are there going to be any other enemies with duel wields?

3.Wouldn't it make sense, if enemies had duel wields, we should be able to duel wield aswell and equally match up to the enemy?

5.if the backpack mod is EVER put in SPv2, will it support the duel wielded weapons?

1. They will either become useless or separate into two plasma rifles.
2. Not likely.
3. No. It's more then easey to take out any dual-weilding elite. Also, dual wielding never has and never will work correctly in h1.
4. No. It needs custom scripts, which we can't add.
5. No.

If I bump possessed an Elite dual wielding PR's, what would happen?

You'd jsut be able to use the dual plasma rifle weapon. It's nothing special we did, just added a single weapon that behaves like two.

TPE
March 29th, 2007, 10:11 AM
i dont know if this has been posted but what spartan are you using?

Dootuz
March 29th, 2007, 12:02 PM
Will the Spartan 3's talk? or will they be pretty much silient like the Chief? And will the Spatan 3's be in the cutseans.

teh lag
March 29th, 2007, 01:42 PM
i dont know if this has been posted but what spartan are you using?

The player will use the traditional Mjolnir mk. V armor.

Will the Spartan 3's talk? or will they be pretty much silient like the Chief? And will the Spatan 3's be in the cutseans.

Right now, S3s just use normal marine dialogue - if we get a good set of dialogue for them we'll add it into the mix. I'm not sure what you mean by them being "in cutscenes." They're present in some of them, but have no roles that marines didn't play in the original campagin.

Kirby_422
March 29th, 2007, 02:01 PM
Right now, S3s just use normal marine dialogue - if we get a good set of dialogue for them we'll add it into the mix. I'm not sure what you mean by them being "in cutscenes." They're present in some of them, but have no roles that marines didn't play in the original campagin.
I dont think cyborgs would sound like normal people, nor would they sound as imature as the mariens sometimes are lol

I_Am_Error117
March 29th, 2007, 03:09 PM

Well he said i could give it to trustworthy people, and all you had to do was not be a noob and pm hime for one beta.
The other beta I found was in the same directory on the site he was hosting it on

Pooky
March 29th, 2007, 03:19 PM
I dont think cyborgs would sound like normal people, nor would they sound as imature as the mariens sometimes are lol

The Chief sounds like a normal person.

Kirby_422
March 29th, 2007, 03:34 PM
The Chief sounds like a normal person.
not exactly, his voice seems a bit deeper than a normal person, but then again, he could just be a person with a deep voice

Pooky
March 29th, 2007, 03:37 PM
I have a deep voice, what's your point.

Kirby_422
March 29th, 2007, 03:39 PM
I have a deep voice, what's your point.
well MCs voice just doesnt sound that common to be normal, and wouldnt you expect a cyborg to talk differntly?... lol (this is more of becoming a argument.. we should just stop lol)

Hotrod
March 29th, 2007, 04:18 PM
Will Spartan-III's use the Marine Animations ,Spartan-II animations or completely new ones?

Sunray
March 29th, 2007, 04:20 PM
Are there going to be different ranks for brutes, or will there just be one type? Also, if so, what will the difference be?

teh lag
March 29th, 2007, 04:22 PM
Will Spartan-III's use the Marine Animations ,Spartan-II animations or completely new ones?
Undecided, though most likely marine.

Are there going to be different ranks for brutes, or will there just be one type? Also, if so, what will the difference be?
Yes. As their rank goes up, there will be cosmetic differences (armor color, majors getting a flag,) and increased AI intelligence.

Sunray
March 29th, 2007, 04:28 PM
Thanks. And will brutes use only spikers and brute PRs, or will they have access to other weapons?

teh lag
March 29th, 2007, 04:41 PM
Spiker, Brute pr, and Brute Shot.

Amit
March 29th, 2007, 06:35 PM
will the brutes use wraiths as well? or just the elites?

Hotrod
March 31st, 2007, 09:47 AM
How does the custom Brute model look like up until now?

teh lag
March 31st, 2007, 10:06 AM
will the brutes use wraiths as well? or just the elites?

Considering there's like, <10 wraiths in the whole game, I don't think it makes much difference.

How does the custom Brute model look like up until now?

Umm.... It looks good. Can we avoid really general questions like that?

I_Am_Error117
March 31st, 2007, 01:43 PM
I want my chain gun, please?

Will you put a picture of Gnop, bungies first game in the mod please?

Pooky
April 1st, 2007, 01:11 AM
Why would anyone care about a crappy Mac pong clone?

I_Am_Error117
April 1st, 2007, 04:31 PM
Bumpity Bump Bump................ Bump Bump

Now that tag space isa available:

Can we get:

Reaper
Flood Jugernaugt
Hog Damage
Portable Turret
Sword
Dole's Commando Elites

Sunray
April 1st, 2007, 04:34 PM
Juggernaught would be good. It would add a bit of variation to the library. Any updates or anything on that?

Hotrod
April 1st, 2007, 04:35 PM
I don't know about the sword, but I would have wanted to see the Phantom, but I know it was canceled due to the lack of time, even though CMT can take all the time they need to make SPv2. As far as I know the Portable Turret is still there.

AAA
April 1st, 2007, 09:59 PM
Bumpity Bump Bump................ Bump Bump

Now that tag space isa available:

Can we get:

Reaper
Flood Jugernaugt
Hog Damage
Portable Turret
Sword
Dole's Commando Elites

Those are all the ones I was extremely exited about!
Don't tell me they're not going to be included:(

which comes to the Question.........Which ones will be included? and which ones won't be included?

if they're done I mean...

Masterz1337
April 1st, 2007, 10:38 PM
Porta Turret and Hog damage will be in. The porta turret takes up ALOT of space, its 2 weapons and a vehicle, I think the only map you will see it in is a30. I have said many times, the stuff we are cutting is so we can have this thing done. All but like, 1 or 2 people on the team want to stay on CE when we can be modding h2v. Modding for fun is why we do this, making you guys happy is secondary. Many of us are tired of modding this game for 3 years now, and we are excited to use the h2v engine, not just for the CMT mod, but for FUN!!! Reaper and Cammando elites will not be included, nor the flood juagernaught.

Don't forget, we couldn't even compile half the maps due to tag space, and even with the new smaller coli models, it doesnt mean it will work for all maps (the maw and keys are a good example.)

Hotrod
April 2nd, 2007, 05:16 PM
Do you know if they will ever be in H2 Vista? And what did the Commando Elite look like?

ImSpartacus
April 2nd, 2007, 05:24 PM
Porta Turret and Hog damage will be in. The porta turret takes up ALOT of space, its 2 weapons and a vehicle, I think the only map you will see it in is a30. I have said many times, the stuff we are cutting is so we can have this thing done. All but like, 1 or 2 people on the team want to stay on CE when we can be modding h2v. Modding for fun is why we do this, making you guys happy is secondary. Many of us are tired of modding this game for 3 years now, and we are excited to use the h2v engine, not just for the CMT mod, but for FUN!!! Reaper and Cammando elites will not be included, nor the flood juagernaught.

Don't forget, we couldn't even compile half the maps due to tag space, and even with the new smaller coli models, it doesnt mean it will work for all maps (the maw and keys are a good example.)

cool, i wanted to use the porta turret, it shounds neat.

will h2v have a low tag space limit, or a limit at all?

i hope u move onto h2v when its out and release all your tags and betas, and life's work for this one. i think it could kind of be cool to see all the betas and various versions for all your projects.

after all, once u move off halo ce, it doesnt really matter, does it?

sangheili
April 4th, 2007, 07:02 AM
Why are you guys running CMT_rc1_Snow_Grove on the Multiplayer Server? I havent played CMT maps in days.

ImSpartacus
April 4th, 2007, 09:42 AM
yeah, i noticed that. i usually hook up with that server just to start ce quicker. cus i kno i cant play that map. need more rep!

Q- what do the commando elites look like?

u should put them in PoA, i heard that map wasnt really close to filling up and i think it would kinda fit into the story that the covie's would be sending commandos onto an enemy ship to take it over.

Hotrod
April 4th, 2007, 08:17 PM
I agree with the commando elite on the POA idea, it does make sense because the covenant wouldn't send commandos on to the ring to do a normal mission.

ImSpartacus
April 4th, 2007, 09:25 PM
I agree with the commando elite on the POA idea, it does make sense because the covenant wouldn't send commandos on to the ring to do a normal mission.

yeah, and i think PoA has a lot fo tag space so the extra models and such could fit. maybe u could make them dual wield pr's.

teh lag
April 5th, 2007, 07:36 AM
We can only put them in if one of us can get off our lazy ass and re-rig the elite. Ghost's gbxmodel importer imports model regions as separated model parts - so the head, arms, legs, torso, etc of the Elite, which are all regions, are separated. We need regions, at the very least one for the body and one for the arm sheild, for the commando elite to work. Ghost's jms exporter can't handle regions, and the only other way to export a rigged model requires that all of the model be in one part - it can't be separated like when ghost's gbxmodel importer imports. So, we have to attach all parts of the model, and re-rig it to the elite's bones. Also, tag space on a10 is an issue.

ImSpartacus
April 5th, 2007, 08:10 AM
We can only put them in if one of us can get off our lazy ass and re-rig the elite. Ghost's gbxmodel importer imports model regions as separated model parts - so the head, arms, legs, torso, etc of the Elite, which are all regions, are separated. We need regions, at the very least one for the body and one for the arm sheild, for the commando elite to work. Ghost's jms exporter can't handle regions, and the only other way to export a rigged model requires that all of the model be in one part - it can't be separated like when ghost's gbxmodel importer imports. So, we have to attach all parts of the model, and re-rig it to the elite's bones. Also, tag space on a10 is an issue.

ok the, nvm. i guess with unters, 8 different kinds of assualt rifles and all the marines it could fill up fast.

what would the commando elites look like, i finally found a pic of jug flood, but i still dont get the commando elites.

also, will u guys have brute flood forms?

teh lag
April 5th, 2007, 08:19 AM
http://www.h2vista.net/forums/showpost.php?p=31496&postcount=13

Note that it's a render using the h2 elite model.

And no, we will not have brute flood.

ImSpartacus
April 5th, 2007, 09:17 AM
wow, that thing is cool, i hope ill be able to see them in some campaign eventually.

Pred1ator
April 5th, 2007, 01:42 PM
http://www.h2vista.net/forums/showpost.php?p=31496&postcount=13

Note that it's a render using the h2 elite model.

And no, we will not have brute flood.

er...i dont like the idea and sheild but its up to you and its just my opinion

ImSpartacus
April 5th, 2007, 01:59 PM
w8, r 'wave of lag' and 'teh lag' the same people? they have two different accounts, wtf?

Masterz1337
April 5th, 2007, 02:01 PM
wave of lag is ex-cmt, Teh lag is on CMT.

ImSpartacus
April 5th, 2007, 02:07 PM
wave of lag is ex-cmt, Teh lag is on CMT.
so theyre different people? i figured, cus i saw Wol on the evo forums with an evo sig and everything so i figured he wasnt on cmt anymore.

Hotrod
April 5th, 2007, 05:25 PM
What SP map has the most available tag space?

ImSpartacus
April 5th, 2007, 05:28 PM
yeah, give a loadout for all the map's full-ness using a 10 point scale, 10 being full and 0 being empty.

Masterz1337
April 5th, 2007, 05:56 PM
What SP map has the most available tag space?
a30 I believe

teh lag
April 5th, 2007, 06:10 PM
If not a30, the c20 or b30; both are over 1.5 megs free.

AeonSlayer
April 5th, 2007, 06:56 PM
i rekken that those commando elites in the pic looked mad!! hope you can put them in... :)

Hotrod
April 5th, 2007, 07:21 PM
Would you be able to put something that was mentioned above in one of those maps?

Amit
April 5th, 2007, 07:41 PM
I would suggest putting those Commando Elites in levels that actually require them. I don't think the Pillar of Autumn needs these elites since the covenant don''t try to take over a ship, but to destroy it most of the time. So they would just send in the regular field unit.(i'm sure somebody has an argument to this) I don't think that Halo would need them either.(IF you can't figure it out ask me for an explanation) Silent cartographer may be suitable at the very end of the Silent Cartographer when you come out of the structure where the invisible elites are.(Sent in as shock troopers of some kind) Assault on the control room seems nice. Keyes and the Maw certainly require these Elites since the Covenant dropped in Spec Ops Grunt/Elite teams to help restore the Truth and Reconciliation and we saw them in the Maw.

ImSpartacus
April 5th, 2007, 07:46 PM
I would suggest putting those Commando Elites in levels that actually require them. I don't think the Pillar of Autumn needs these elites since the covenant don''t try to take over a ship, but to destroy it most of the time. So they would just send in the regular field unit.(i'm sure somebody has an argument to this) I don't think that Halo would need them either.(IF you can't figure it out ask me for an explanation) Silent cartographer may be suitable at the very end of the Silent Cartographer when you come out of the structure where the invisible elites are.(Sent in as shock troopers of some kind) Assault on the control room seems nice. Keyes and the Maw certainly require these Elites since the Covenant dropped in Spec Ops Grunt/Elite teams to help restore the Truth and Reconciliation and we saw them in the Maw.

yeah, i dont think that u could fit them into those maps unless u totally swapped them with the current spec ops elites, even then, idk.

they kind of change the whole theme of the elite and i think it would be bad to mix them in the same maps, so i dotn thnik they could be fit in, maybe in an spv3.

Amit
April 5th, 2007, 07:49 PM
Actually what I was think of is replacing all of the Spec Ops Elites with the Commandos

Hotrod
April 5th, 2007, 11:39 PM
Actually what I was think of is replacing all of the Spec Ops Elites with the Commandos

That would be cool, but it wouldn't be in all of the levels.

ImSpartacus
April 6th, 2007, 10:43 AM
yeah, i figure that they would take up another model, since now they only change the color of the elite model and other small things. maybe if they replaced a model in a level like the maw, but it still would look wierd wit hthese badass elites and the little white grunts.

Pooky
April 8th, 2007, 12:01 AM
When's the release? Also add in all my ideas because I'm cool and my ideas are better than other people's ideas. Also Masterz1337 is an asshole because the Campaign isn't out yet. When's the release? Can I beta?

Amit
April 8th, 2007, 12:18 AM
thats all sarcasm, right?

ImSpartacus
April 8th, 2007, 04:08 PM
metroid's pms'ing, so everything he says is sarcasm.

Hotrod
April 8th, 2007, 07:16 PM
The Spartan-IIIs are still going to have SPI armor and not CMT's custom armor, right?

Masterz1337
April 8th, 2007, 07:23 PM
Correct, we use the old model as a placeholder while we wait for the new one to be ready.

Hotrod
April 8th, 2007, 07:46 PM
Also, is there going to be a Flood Juggernaut in The Library or not? If not then why? I really like how it and the Brute turned out.

Amit
April 8th, 2007, 07:49 PM
i doubt the juggernaut will be used.

CabooseJr
April 12th, 2007, 02:13 PM
That would be kinda hard to kill the flood juggernaut.

TIA Gangsta
April 12th, 2007, 02:17 PM
This ain't really an FAQ anymore is it...?

[MT]Slayer
April 12th, 2007, 02:19 PM
how does the Spartan III's armor camouflage work?

Dole
April 12th, 2007, 02:49 PM
Oh for the love of god... the Commando Elites I was talking about were nothing more than the big, buff, Lou Ferrigno-esque Elites from the Halo Wars trailer; not the ninja guys with an arm shield.

I had already suggested *cough*Amit*cough* the Commandos (buff Elites) as an all-out replacement for the SpecOps Elites, but I had suggested the Janissaries (shield Elites) as a replacement for the Zealots (gold Elites w/ an Energy Sword on AotCR).

Now to get the FAQ going again... we've already heard what isn't going into the mod, the real question at this point remains: what CMT content won't be left on the cutting room floor?

What has already been scrapped, and what will be exclusive to either MP or SP? What will separate this campaign from the original campaign (SPv1 and Halo PC), and what will can I expect to attract me to playing this mod when I could just buy H2V?

[MT]Slayer
April 12th, 2007, 02:55 PM
well its CMT. What do u want with them? They are already working hard, sorry guy, i don't think your buff elites or elites with arm shields are gonna work seeing to some new updates CMT has given us, its not going to happen.

Dole
April 12th, 2007, 02:58 PM
I already know it's not going to happen, I put that one together on my own.
However, I'm just not sure what you were trying to say in the second half of your sentence. Translate?

[MT]Slayer
April 12th, 2007, 03:04 PM
CMT gave us some new updates and some pics, i viewed them, then posted that.

bleach
April 12th, 2007, 04:44 PM
the juggernaut won't be in Spv2 because of tag space i think. Its too big. Imagine five of those things charging towards you on legendary.

Dole
April 12th, 2007, 05:02 PM
It's not the amount of a particular biped in a map, it's having any at all: the tag space is consumed by having a biped reference for the game to process off of.

Last I heard, the Library wasn't stuffed to the brim. It's just CMT preference to leave it out.

AAA
April 12th, 2007, 05:08 PM
the juggernaut won't be in Spv2 because of tag space i think. Its too big. Imagine five of those things charging towards you on legendary.

Awesome:rolleyes:

So, it's official, Juggernaut isn't going to be in SPv2? Alright...

Q1. Will the sword be included?
Q2. If so, can you show a teaser picture?
Q3. How far is the CMT backpack mod going??

Sunray
April 12th, 2007, 05:19 PM
For 3, see this thread:
http://www.h2vista.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1790