PDA

View Full Version : The Circus

Bodzilla
February 7th, 2009, 04:31 AM
The Great Moscow circus has been in town for about a week now and it's their second last day before they go for another couple of years.
The last time they where here was probably a decade ago and the last circus i went too i was that young i can barely remember it.

so i thought, hell why not. it's only like $35 bucks.

best money i've spent in ages.
had lots of really cool stuff their with dancers and people being hurled into the air doing acrobatics and what not as well as heaps of other cool things.
they had a few contortionists and these 2 chicky babes the "mongolian Angels" where doing the most insane stuff.
at one point they held their entire body weight with nothing but their teeth.
arms legs, chest off the ground.
insane.

But they had a Globe of death.
you know those big dirt bike globes that they ride around in doing loops and laps and all sorts of cool amazing things.
Yeah one of them.
only they had 3 bikes in it and it only had a 4m diameter.
insane.

but it didnt stop there, apparently 3 dirt bikes in in a small globe doing back flips wasnt enough, they decided to SPLIT THE GLOBE IN HALF horizontally while the bikers where in it and they had 3 dirt bikes in the top half of the globe riding often with only 1 hand on the handle bars.

And after seeing this show i've realized something, i'll never be that awesome.
That and i need to get me some Mongolian contortionist twins. Dammm son i could have one of them...... or two..... holly fucking shit people, where talking skin tight hot suits contorting all over the place and on top of each other.......
My question is this, when was the last time you went to the circus? Was it good, what was there and did ya have a good time :D

~zilla

ultama121
February 7th, 2009, 04:51 AM
Sadly, I've never been to a circus. Ever. :(
I get the feeling they're pretty rare around here in California, but we still get the loonies and coolies over in Venice Beach. :-3

n00b1n8R
February 7th, 2009, 05:23 AM
Never been to one. :v:

SnaFuBAR
February 7th, 2009, 10:51 AM
It's been ages since I've been to the circus, but the last time I went, I was a kid, and some mobsters took my whole family in a limo. It was pretty awesome. The mobsters even brought a woman to carry me around on her shoulders.

Limited
February 7th, 2009, 11:26 AM
The Great Moscow circus comes to my hometown every year, saw it last 2 years running (2007 and 2008), probably going to see it in 2009 too.

My thoughts are same as you, it was an amazing marvel to see. Did they show you the stunt where they drive that 4x4 over that guys chest? That was epic

Did they do that metal contraption that spins around, its basically

( ) ========o=========( )

It spins on the "o" and 4 guys hop on and run around the tops/insides of the loops. They do it proper high up with no safety net :)

Jean-Luc
February 7th, 2009, 11:29 AM
I went to Cirque Du Soleil a couple years ago, and while it doesn't sound quite as exciting as what you saw Bod, some of the shit they could do was just incredible :D

LlamaMaster
February 7th, 2009, 11:59 AM
Never been to one. :(

Hotrod
February 7th, 2009, 12:07 PM
I, like many others, haven't had the chance to go see a circus either. Many of my friends have been to Cirque du Soleil though, and they loved it.

Mr Buckshot
February 7th, 2009, 01:10 PM
Stayed at a hotel called Circus Circus in Vegas, that's about it, saw some clowns too. The clowns performed some free stage show outside the hotel, basically doing some pretty old but fun tricks.

It's from Moscow?

Bodzilla
February 7th, 2009, 04:10 PM
Did they do that metal contraption that spins around, its basically

( ) ========o=========( )

It spins on the "o" and 4 guys hop on and run around the tops/insides of the loops. They do it proper high up with no safety net :)
yeah the Brazilian brothers!
there where 2 of them though and they where jumping and what not was fucking awesome!

only question is, why did they have hair :raise:

tha magic show ownd as well :D, no tigers or anything this time, but limited go again this year because they had the mongolian angels D:
so awesome.

Limited
February 7th, 2009, 04:29 PM
Did you see the guy on a unicycle, on the tight rope balancing a pole with the two flexible women on? I was stunned.

One of the guys fell off when he was doing the tight rope backflips, he hit the floor well hard and whole audience went dead quiet, he got up dusted himself off and retried it. Must have hurt like a bitch but he carried on.

A few years back I saw the Chinese/Japanese I cant remember circus and that was interesting, alot of quick moves and lots of knifes/swords.

Bodzilla
February 7th, 2009, 05:24 PM
nah the act changes everytime they come round. the didnt do much aerial shit this time.

Limited
February 7th, 2009, 06:45 PM
nah the act changes everytime they come round. the didnt do much aerial shit this time.
I suppose they've started 2009 tour so when it hits me it will be same.