PDA

View Full Version : Want to build a Death Star? Start saving now...

flibitijibibo
February 9th, 2009, 04:29 PM
Clicky (http://www.asylum.com/2009/02/05/a-death-star-would-cost-15-septillion/)

Totally worth it.

Snowy
February 9th, 2009, 04:41 PM
$15,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 is a lot.

Disaster
February 9th, 2009, 04:41 PM
damnit, my dreams of a death star are in vain :(

thehoodedsmack
February 9th, 2009, 04:49 PM
Of course a Canadian would be responsible for this. =_= We really have nothing better to do up here...

In any case, we could probably save on cost if we didn't make it exactly to scale. Who needs a moon-sized space station anyways...

klange
February 9th, 2009, 04:51 PM
It's just for the basic parts to build a massive metal sphere, as well.

Original article is oooold

Heathen
February 9th, 2009, 04:55 PM
a Canadian
Ah, then its probably wrong.

:XD:

<3 Canada

E: Also, we would have to invest on bribing the universe on letting us break the laws of physics.

have you ever seen light converge like that with no focal point? http://i.somethingawful.com/forumsystem/emoticons/emot-science.gif (http://forums.somethingawful.com/misc.php?action=showsmilies)

cheezdue
February 9th, 2009, 05:12 PM
So can anyone of you can lend me money? :rolleyes:

MetKiller Joe
February 9th, 2009, 05:26 PM
I wonder what the poor bastards [Darth Vader] interest rate would be.

Heathen
February 9th, 2009, 05:29 PM
Not to mention all the lawsuits from all the innocent contractors hired to build the second deathstar.

+rep to whoever.

Hotrod
February 9th, 2009, 05:52 PM
Yeah, since the first one got destroyed, and I doubt that they'd want to spend all that time to build the second one without being forced, which I'm sure they were.

So, if I put my money in a high-interest bank account, it would take me maybe...a few thousand years to get enough to build this?

Limited
February 9th, 2009, 06:33 PM
I'll just grab my chequebook shall I?

Mr Buckshot
February 9th, 2009, 06:45 PM
Time to visit my local money counterfeiter.

ultama121
February 9th, 2009, 06:46 PM
As soon as he gets a donation fund, I'm donating. :awesome:

Roostervier
February 9th, 2009, 07:33 PM
Time to visit my local money counterfeiter.
I bet he lives next to the drug lord.

Heathen
February 9th, 2009, 07:55 PM
I am saddened at the fact that no one recognized that clerks reference.

Fail guys...

DarkHalo003
February 9th, 2009, 08:29 PM
LMAO. I think that wins best informative article of the year. :lmao:

We could all petition and ask Obama.

kid908
February 9th, 2009, 09:36 PM
I wonder what the poor bastards [Darth Vader] interest rate would be.

no need. he's second in command of the entire empire. he can get all the shit for free no matter how many bitches he has to choke.

bribing the universe may take a very large amount of money.

paladin
February 9th, 2009, 10:52 PM
WWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWW

Cortexian
February 11th, 2009, 03:31 AM
Unfortunately, $15 septillion is about a trillion times the current value of the entire Earth...Darn, my dreams are finished. At least until the entire earth starts globally exploring space at WARP NINE.

(Make it so)

English Mobster
February 11th, 2009, 07:39 AM
It's hyperspace, not Warp 9.
L2StarWars.

jk, jk

kid908
February 11th, 2009, 09:06 AM
Darn, my dreams are finished. At least until the entire earth starts globally exploring space at WARP NINE.

(Make it so)

or we just put bunch of metal all over the moon and dig holes in it(i mean tunnels not holes. it has enough holes and a good start for tunnels already)

TeeKup
February 11th, 2009, 11:03 AM
L2StarWars.

jk, jk

Hyperspace is impossible.

=sw=warlord
February 11th, 2009, 01:17 PM
Hyperspace is impossible.
Like Time travel?
Oh wait... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnLIxEso4rg)
Never say never these days once upon a time flying was impossible, few decades later there was a war filled with flying machines.
Bitch all you like but i dare say "hyperspace" would be more like a wormhole creating a shortcut from one destination to another.
Space/Time fabris is not universaly uniform thus the opportunity to create wormholes to be possible.

TeeKup
February 11th, 2009, 01:36 PM
lol sure kid.

p0lar_bear
February 11th, 2009, 02:11 PM
If time travel in the sense of that video was possible, then wouldn't you think a cure for AIDS would have been found already? Wouldn't 9/11 not have happened? Chernobyl? World War II?

If this concept does end up working and we do send messages to the past warning of those impending dangers, then that means the research and technology was done in vain, as the messages aren't reaching us in the past and affecting us, they're affecting an alternate timeline.

(Ugh physics)

Bodzilla
February 11th, 2009, 02:12 PM
Event Horizon ftw.

oh my god i love that movie. "you cant leave, she wont let you."

Cortexian
February 11th, 2009, 03:48 PM
L2StarWars.

jk, jk
"(Make it so)" = reference to Star Trek.

L2StarTrek.

English Mobster
February 11th, 2009, 04:40 PM
"(Make it so)" = reference to Star Trek.

L2StarTrek.
Yes, I know. I'm a geek, too, you know! =P

I'm just saying that the Death Star is from Star Wars, and since Star Wars geeks and Trekkies hate each other, it's best not to get them mixed up.

Llama Juice
February 11th, 2009, 06:13 PM
Did it ever say if that was USD or CAD?

Heathen
February 11th, 2009, 06:40 PM
If time travel in the sense of that video was possible, then wouldn't you think a cure for AIDS would have been found already? Wouldn't 9/11 not have happened? Chernobyl? World War II?

If this concept does end up working and we do send messages to the past warning of those impending dangers, then that means the research and technology was done in vain, as the messages aren't reaching us in the past and affecting us, they're affecting an alternate timeline.

(Ugh physics)
What about time law. Regulations on what can happen in time travel.

lawl