PDA

View Full Version : HELP

DrunkenSamus
February 10th, 2009, 06:54 PM
I got a virus an hour ago and when I pick a date to restore back to, it doesn't work. I click "Next" and nothing happens. It's as if fucking spyware is stopping me from fixing my computer the easy way. :mad: Any other options? Oh, and I always uninstall Norton after a system restore because its a POS. Any suggestions for a free antivirus that can fix this BESIDES AVG?

Heathen
February 10th, 2009, 06:59 PM
Reformat?

Stop surfing the internet one handed?

Honestly...I am shocked that system restore doesn't work.

DrunkenSamus
February 10th, 2009, 07:00 PM
Like it's preventing me from restoring WTF. Antivirus suggestions maybe?

Limited
February 10th, 2009, 07:03 PM
Viruses purposely attack the system restore. Its pretty much Virus 101 knowledge...

You're going to have to turn it off and then on again, you will lose your restore points, but at least the system restore wont be infected.

Before you turn system restore back on make sure you scan and delete the virus fully.

DrunkenSamus
February 10th, 2009, 07:09 PM
Viruses purposely attack the system restore. Its pretty much Virus 101 knowledge...

You're going to have to turn it off and then on again, you will lose your restore points, but at least the system restore wont be infected.

Before you turn system restore back on make sure you scan and delete the virus fully.

Not for me, I've gotten at least 4 other viruses not so long ago and I eliminated them with system restore without problems. -_-

Limited
February 10th, 2009, 07:16 PM
Are you sure the system restore points werent infected?

Also, inb4 Phopojo posts to say reformat.

DrunkenSamus
February 10th, 2009, 08:33 PM
Fuck it. Locked.