PDA

View Full Version : FunnyArticleQuotesW/Pictures&YoutubeStuffWhileTakingPicturesOfCarsYouT hinkRCool#56

Kornman00
February 11th, 2009, 10:41 AM
AKA Hot Topics (since a thread title can only be like 85 characters long...)

Hot Topics in Off Topics...

*gasp* could it be an idea for a subforum to place all these useless look-at-my-post threads???

Discuss.

http://kornnersoftware.com/trillian/mono.gif

e: also,

If your posts in there don't add to your post count then sure..

CN3089
February 11th, 2009, 10:51 AM
only if it's a honeypot

TeeKup
February 11th, 2009, 10:58 AM
Sure why not.

LlamaMaster
February 11th, 2009, 11:02 AM
I'd rather shift through a few main threads of bullshit (post your quotes, Funny articles...) than a whole subform.

Kornman00
February 11th, 2009, 11:19 AM
But the bullshit threads would be in their own OT subforum, leaving you able to shift bullshit free...

InnerGoat
February 11th, 2009, 11:28 AM
Only if you be the section mod for it :D

Llama Juice
February 11th, 2009, 11:58 AM
I think it's funny how we bitch and whine about using the offtopic forum for... offtopic stuff.

That's just me though.

Kornman00
February 11th, 2009, 12:02 PM
well this "off topic stuff" clutters the OT channel. IMO, the main OT should be for "hey, news flash!", short term memory if you will. Then "Hot Topics" represent the threads which go on....and on....and on....and on, long term memory because people can't stop posting every song that comes on in their playlist every 3 to 4 minutes or every quote that goes thru their ears and out the other

Only if you be the section mod for it :D
k

Rob Oplawar
February 11th, 2009, 12:42 PM
leaving you able to shift bullshit free... On Modacity? Unlikely.

the main OT should be for "hey, news flash!", short term memory
Then "Hot Topics" represent the threads which go on....and on....and on....and on, long term memory
Sounds like a good idea to me.

PlasbianX
February 11th, 2009, 01:06 PM
If your posts in there don't add to your post count then sure.

Bodzilla
February 11th, 2009, 02:06 PM
i honestly dont care.

the reason alot of these where started in the first place was to slow down and centralize the amount of bullshit :confused:

thehoodedsmack
February 11th, 2009, 02:12 PM
Yes, so long as the topics in there don't show up when I click "New Posts".

ICEE
February 11th, 2009, 02:58 PM
I don't like this idea and here is why: I like to be able to read the articles without worrying about any nsfw pictures, or anything particularly eye catching, at school. The seperate threads make it convenient for me.

flibitijibibo
February 11th, 2009, 03:03 PM
I feel like the stuff that's lived as long as it has (i.e. Pictures Funny Random) may as well be stickied. That way, those who usually only go for those topics don't have to sift through all the other stuff they don't care about.

Another idea: Have a serious off topic and a funny off topic. I think what's made this subforum so messed up lately is that those looking for that quick laugh are meshing too much with those who are looking for serious/less obnoxious replies, leading to flamewars and stuff like that. IMO, it'd just be a good idea to separate "Pictures Funny Random" from "Victoria Burns".

Heathen
February 11th, 2009, 03:55 PM
I like the not adding to your post count thing so no belly aching over "Grr this is a +1 post thread"

But I don't really like the idea in its own.

Syuusuke
February 11th, 2009, 04:14 PM
If your posts in there don't add to your post count then sure.

n00b1n8R
February 11th, 2009, 04:35 PM
Only if we can have Post your Clipboard back.

itszutak
February 11th, 2009, 06:02 PM
Agreed.

Also: Haven't we tried this before? Or was that GBX?

Syuusuke
February 11th, 2009, 06:27 PM
We definitely had it in H2Vista, probably in GBX too, I don't remember.

Timo
February 11th, 2009, 09:18 PM
This would be good as long as the entire community doesn't take up residence in the forum leaving the rest to die ;)

It was good at first, then it became a "hey lets go out and find stuff on the internet and paste it into this thread" thread. The only thing I can remember from it were emmzees long ass comics, slackers?

Rob Oplawar
February 11th, 2009, 09:56 PM
I like the idea of "Serious Off-Topic" vs "Goofy Off-Topic". I do want a serious OT forum where I can see stuff that doesn't fall into the categories of the other forums, but I don't want to see the goofy fun stuff disappear completely. But yeah, I share the concern that making an entire forum for the goofy stuff will just encourage it to explode.
Perhaps a goofy OT forum where only mods can create new threads, and people have to stay within those rules... but if you're going to do that, there's liable to be only a few threads, so you might just sticky the goofy ones in OT and then tell people to start only serious threads thereafter.

Well, those are my two cents. I dunno, as it turns out, I may not be good at this moderation stuff, even when I do it from the back seat.
Look what's in my clipboard!

If the rest of the schedule works out with you guys, I'm willing to take those as my 3 interviews (but for convenience with your schedules I'll probably end up doing a couple of different ones).

That's odd, I never c/p'd that. It would appear gMail plays with your clipboard contents when you're not looking.
I've always thought there should be an [ot] tag that works like spoiler but is labeled as ot and smaller and unobtrusive. Then again, that may have the same problem as the dedicated goofy ot forum, just encouraging people to go off-topic. Hm...

Con
February 11th, 2009, 11:34 PM
We don't need this

Xetsuei
February 11th, 2009, 11:40 PM
We don't need this

We need this

Kornman00
February 12th, 2009, 12:36 AM
I don't like this idea and here is why: I like to be able to read the articles without worrying about any nsfw pictures, or anything particularly eye catching, at school. The seperate threads make it convenient for me.
...:eyesroll:

how does moving bullshit into a subforum have anything to do with NSFW pictures being posted? Where did I say there wouldn't be separate threads?

paladin
February 12th, 2009, 01:15 AM
do it. DO IT.