PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know any good WWII Games?

RobertGraham
February 21st, 2009, 10:08 AM
Does anyone know any good WWII Games? I would like to download one, but I dont know any that are good

Pyong Kawaguchi
February 21st, 2009, 10:39 AM
Assuming your looking for free ones, I don't know of any, but if your looking for demo's or ones to buy, Call of Duty 2 is good, and Call of Duty 5 is okay.

ODX
February 21st, 2009, 11:16 AM
Assuming your looking for free ones, I don't know of any, but if your looking for demo's or ones to buy, Call of Duty 2 is good, and Call of Duty 5 is okay.CoD2 is played more online than CoD5, but I'd prefer CoD5 if I didn't already have CoD4. I will, however, get CoD5 anyway because I finally got the Golden-AK and there's not else for me to do in 4 really.

Only other WWII games I know are Medal of Honor games, and Battlefield 1943 coming out um...near the end of the year I think. I'm not sure if it's free or not.

Bastinka
February 21st, 2009, 11:25 AM
If you're thinking an FPS then CoD2 would be a pretty nice one.
Theres always Company of Heroes if you're more of the RTS type gamer.

NuggetWarmer
February 21st, 2009, 12:03 PM
Battlefield 1942 and the expansion packs are fun, if you don't mind old graphics.

Oh, and Medal Of Honor: Pacific Assault is a good one.

Warsaw
February 21st, 2009, 12:09 PM
Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45

Best WWII game out there in my opinion; you can get it through Steam.

Limited
February 21st, 2009, 01:39 PM
Battlestations:Midway (and soon Pacific :)) - Strategy game
Medal of Honor Airborne - FPS
Brothers in arms - strategy
Blazing angels - Fighting plane game
Red Orchestra - FPS
COD's - FPS
Company of Heroes - Strategy
DoD: Source - FPS

Tons more too.

Mr Buckshot
February 21st, 2009, 02:40 PM
He has a crappy Intel integrated card, COD2 and newer are out of the question until he upgrades.

COD1 and its expansion are excellent choices, along with Day of Defeat (HL1 engine version, not Source) for his video card. BF1942 may run playably too.

Once you upgrade though, COD2 and Brothers in Arms are ownage.

A FREE one, btw is Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory. Loved it.

Abdurahman
February 21st, 2009, 02:44 PM
Red Orchestra is the most realistic. It is really fun.

Amit
February 21st, 2009, 03:07 PM
Pacific Fighters is pretty good. It's a WWII aircraft simulator.
The Brothers in Arms series are FPS strategy games. Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway is a squad-based tactical shooter where you issue orders and commands to your squad.

RobertGraham
February 21st, 2009, 05:02 PM
My PC Blows, so I can only play games that range from the stone age to 2004.

Warsaw
February 21st, 2009, 06:26 PM
If you can run UT2k3/2k4, Red Orchestra will run.

RobertGraham
February 21st, 2009, 06:29 PM
Alright, I just got to ask my mom for it, since she has the credit card -.-'

Mr Buckshot
February 21st, 2009, 06:31 PM
I'd only recommend those games that use the Quake 3 engine - BF1942, RTCW, Enemy Territory, and of course Call of Duty 1 and its United Offensive expansion. Day of Defeat 1.6 (using the Half-Life 1 engine) is still a great game. After all he only has a 1.6Ghz Celeron and an Intel video card.

Red Orchestra uses the Unreal Tournament 2004 engine right...I know if you set the game to render in DX7 mode, it is playable, but just barely. Bring in a shitload of on-screen action and the framerate dives. IIRC a lot of those tech articles that review those Intel GMA video cards do so in combination with vastly more powerful CPUs, even when they use Celerons they use 2.0Ghz CPUs and above.

Warsaw
February 21st, 2009, 06:35 PM
Red Orchestra is no more demanding than UT 2004. Unreal Engine 2 and 3 are better optimized than Source is (as long as it's an Epic game), and that's saying a lot. If I can max out any Epic UE3 game on my old rig, he can at least run RO. He will just have to turn his settings to low.

Also, why did you bring up the Quake engine? And Enemy Territory is Quake 4 (AKA, modified Doom 3).

Mr Buckshot
February 21st, 2009, 06:37 PM
I'm talking about the 100% free expansion to RTCW, not ETQW which uses the doom 3 engine (which won't run playably on an Intel card).

http://www.planetwolfenstein.com/enemyterritory/

RobertGraham
February 21st, 2009, 06:37 PM
Unless he's talking about Wolfenstien Enemy Territory

EDIT: I just downloaded HL2:CTF, and that crashed my PC o.o

legionaire45
February 21st, 2009, 07:21 PM
Company of Heroes.

DrunkenSamus
February 21st, 2009, 09:40 PM
Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45

Best WWII game out there in my opinion; you can get it through Steam.

I don't know about best, but most realistic, FUCK YES.

Amit
February 21st, 2009, 11:20 PM
Company of Heroes.

That's mean. Btw, I just checked out the trailer to the next Expansion. It's called Tales of Valour and seems to be focusing on the Germans.