PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Building Internal Halo Team

Saggy
March 4th, 2009, 07:20 PM
Microsoft (http://games.ign.com/objects/025/025169.html) has posted a job opening (http://members.microsoft.com/careers/search/details.aspx?JobID=541FF17B-404F-4CE6-A919-EE542B38B8C4) for a lead designer on a new Xbox 360 title. That wouldn't normally be newsworthy, but the job details list this one as a Halo project. Microsoft has confirmed to us that this hire will work on the internal Halo team that was created last year to work on new Halo projects and support existing ones. This person will join a team of industry veterans, including people who have worked at id Software, Gearbox, Bungie, and Kojima Productions.

The posting opens with the following description of the employment opportunity:
Microsoft Game Studios' Halo team is looking for a strong Lead Designer to help develop a new experience in the Halo universe. This is your chance to contribute to one of the most exciting and creative properties in the entertainment industry.No specifics are given on what type of game this new Halo experience might be, but past rumors and speculation have pegged it as everything from the Peter Jackson Halo project to a totally new Halo game that hasn't been announced yet.http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/958/958857p1.html

Who knows what this could mean. It could be Halo ODST related, but there's also the possibility of another Halo project yet to be announced. What do you guy's think?

Joshflighter
March 4th, 2009, 07:21 PM
Oh wow, this sounds awesome. Hopefully they will decide to release halo 3 on PC and then bring out a new game. :)

Phopojijo
March 4th, 2009, 07:28 PM
Well they're still waiting on Peter Jackson's game... and the last 9 months is when people hire the most apparently. Could be announced at E3 and sold in the holiday.

Huero
March 4th, 2009, 07:30 PM
Not counting Chronicles, imo they're wasting their time with Jackson.

Warsaw
March 4th, 2009, 07:39 PM
This could be interesting. The potential for dark, gritty, down to Earth (shuddup in advance) Halo shooters has my attention.

flibitijibibo
March 4th, 2009, 09:01 PM
A new project lead? Not someone with... y'know... experience in Halo's development? That seems rather risky to me. It's enough of a gamble having MS run the Halo show now, so it can only make me more nervous really.

If it weren't for "Xbox 360 title", I'd just assume it was H3PC and not think the worst. Damn details.

Rook
March 4th, 2009, 09:04 PM
Hopefully they will decide to release halo 3 on PC.
This was my hopes, something good that could replace CE and fill that gap.

HCE remakes on 3, lol.

Warsaw
March 4th, 2009, 10:41 PM
Forget that, Halo 1 campaign on a next-gen (now current gen, hurr hurr) engine...unless by "HCE" you mean Halo: Combat Evolved and not Halo: Custom Edition. :v:

Cortexian
March 5th, 2009, 12:54 AM
This was my hopes, something good that could replace CE and fill that gap.

HCE remakes on 3, lol.
They tried that with Halo 2 Vista, and we all know what failed happened there. However, a REALLY NICE Halo 3 port that included the complete Games For Windows setup that lets PC users play Xbox users over Live would be bitchin.

L0d3x
March 5th, 2009, 03:27 AM
They better have a damn good story for each and every game they make.

Darqeness
March 5th, 2009, 04:24 AM
I was a bit skeptical of a Halo project being made outside of Bungie. Halo Wars improved my confidence in the idea a little but now that I hear the new Halo team is made of vets from ID, Gearbox, Bungie, Kojima Productions(:awesome:) and not a bunch of Microsoft lackey's (after the whole H2V incident), I'm feeling a bit better.

RobertGraham
March 5th, 2009, 06:07 AM
This is pretty cool, I hope they make a better game then halowars

Limited
March 5th, 2009, 06:31 AM
If only this was in a couple of years time :(.

Sel
March 5th, 2009, 08:15 AM
They tried that

No they didnt...

Look what they released :S

Corndogman
March 5th, 2009, 06:29 PM
I'm really interested in seeing how this turns out. It's obvious that MS just wants to keep milking the franchise, and Bungie wanted to move on, which is why they've done this. Iirc, a few guys from Bungie went over there, so hopefully they'll make the game not suck. I know the whole "dirty and brown-shaded" art style is becoming a bit overused now-a-days, but I think a grittier Halo could be really awesome if done right, Ie, the arms race videos. I just hope theres a good story line to back up good gameplay, and the game will be the shit.

TeeKup
March 5th, 2009, 07:07 PM
Forget that, Halo 1 campaign on a next-gen (now current gen, hurr hurr) engine...unless by "HCE" you mean Halo: Combat Evolved and not Halo: Custom Edition. :v:

That's all that Halo: Combat Evolves need. An updated graphics and physics engine. Don't change ANY CONTENT. Just a graphics and physics upgrade. It will absolutely be the best thing since sliced bread.

However, a Halo development team outside of Bungie has me CONSIDERABLY nervous. there is great potential for this to fall through the floor. Microsoft should have worked out a contract with Bungie for any future Halo projects.

SilentChaos
March 5th, 2009, 07:16 PM
I think thats the Halo Chronicles project. I've heard that Chronicles is already in development.

MetKiller Joe
March 5th, 2009, 08:46 PM
That's all that Halo: Combat Evolves need. An updated graphics and physics engine. Don't change ANY CONTENT. Just a graphics and physics upgrade. It will absolutely be the best thing since sliced bread.

However, a Halo development team outside of Bungie has me CONSIDERABLY nervous. there is great potential for this to fall through the floor. Microsoft should have worked out a contract with Bungie for any future Halo projects.

I've been addicted to Halo for a long time. If this would fall on its face, I'd finally have an excuse to find another game or *gasp* a girlfriend.

Honestly, they'll milk this cash cow for all it's worth as long as they can. They know the fan-base is.... what's the word?
Huge.

LinkandKvel
March 7th, 2009, 04:09 PM

However, a Halo development team outside of Bungie has me CONSIDERABLY nervous. there is great potential for this to fall through the floor. Microsoft should have worked out a contract with Bungie for any future Halo projects.Only thing in physics that needs to be changed is tapping someone with a vehicle and they die. Also XBL support NEEDS to be added. DO YOU HEAR ME M$?!?!?!?!?