PDA

View Full Version : Apple Sucks [iPod 5.5Gen]

RobertGraham
March 5th, 2009, 03:11 PM
How much do you think these parts are worth?
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee107/dotkito/err013.jpg

Story:
Me and my friends were on top of the bleachers and I had the iPod in my hand. My friend swung his hand around and it fell off of a 150 Bleacher set and smashed all over the place on the floor.

The 30GB HDD works fine.
Screen is good.
The battery is complete shit, lasts like an hour then it dies. Even if it says full battery.

Cortexian
March 5th, 2009, 03:20 PM
$0

Pyong Kawaguchi
March 5th, 2009, 03:59 PM
I lol'd

itszutak
March 5th, 2009, 05:58 PM
The parts are useless. If you have some kind of warranty on it, it is void. The best you can do is

A) Look for ipod batteries, see if you can buy one

B) Buy a new ipod.

Huero
March 5th, 2009, 05:59 PM
apple sucks because i dropped my ipod off a set of bleachers.

RobertGraham
March 5th, 2009, 06:09 PM
None of the parts are seriously damaged, or damaged at all for that matter. The hard drive is intact, and the screen works, except the side is a little fubar.

NuggetWarmer
March 5th, 2009, 06:31 PM
Zune is clearly a better option when and if you buy another MP3 player.

Amit
March 5th, 2009, 06:32 PM
None of the parts are seriously damaged, or damaged at all for that matter. The hard drive is intact, and the screen works, except the side is a little fubar.

Buy a new battery and put it back together. Keep a firm grip on it at all times.

DrunkenSamus
March 5th, 2009, 06:36 PM
apple sucks because i dropped my ipod off a set of bleachers.

Your logic at this point has been reduced to dust.

RobertGraham
March 5th, 2009, 06:37 PM
Zune is clearly a better option when and if you buy another MP3 player.
I was talking to my parents about that. I am going to buy one with the Birthday money I get in May.

I can't put it back together. There are 2 parts on there that you really need to listen to an iPod. The jack for the earphones cord ripped out of the socket, and the lock so you dont press any buttons while in class and then your music is blasting, the cord ripped off that too since the motherboard was attached to the white part that flew off.

Amit
March 5th, 2009, 06:42 PM
Your logic at this point has been reduced to dust.

See thread title.

I was talking to my parents about that. I am going to buy one with the Birthday money I get in May.

I can't put it back together. There are 2 parts on there that you really need to listen to an iPod. The jack for the earphones cord ripped out of the socket, and the lock so you dont press any buttons while in class and then your music is blasting, the cord ripped off that too since the motherboard was attached to the white part that flew off.

Build your own music player.

RobertGraham
March 5th, 2009, 07:00 PM
Amit told me to build this (http://blog.makezine.com/archive/2006/02/build_your_own_wireless_music.html)

Now I just have to find a way to fit it in my pocket...

SilentChaos
March 5th, 2009, 07:07 PM

I've had a Zune for a little over a year now and the thing still amazes me.

legionaire45
March 5th, 2009, 11:14 PM
Yeah, if you bought anything off the iTunes store and want to play it on your Zune...well, enjoy burning Audio CDs for the next ten years.

Cortexian
March 5th, 2009, 11:21 PM
Psh, get a smart phone.... Mobile devices that do EVERYTHING ftw.

Mr Buckshot
March 5th, 2009, 11:30 PM
Psh, get a smart phone.... Mobile devices that do EVERYTHING ftw.

I had an old black and white iPod mini which I sold three years ago.

My music player is either my Motorola RAZR V3X or my O2 XDA Zinc. Yeah, smartphones > standalone MP3s for the most part.

Cortexian
March 6th, 2009, 12:49 AM
I love my Storm for this reason, I have like 10-15 feature films on it and my current "Fav Songs" playlist at all times.