PDA

View Full Version : Internal HD Video Capture Card.

Cortexian
March 11th, 2009, 04:07 AM
Looking for an internal HD (720p minimum) video capture card for my PC. I'd like to be able to hook my Xbox 360 up to it and record certain bits of footage while playing it on my monitor without any input lag whatsoever.

Suggestions?

Right now I have my Xbox 360 hooked up to my monitor via VGA and my speakers via Optical, works great for gaming, but not so much for capturing (not at all).

Cojafoji
March 11th, 2009, 10:02 PM
Anything produced by Hauppage is a solid safe investment.

InnerGoat
March 12th, 2009, 09:58 AM
There's a nice HDMI capture card that does 720p for about $250. Can't remember it's name right now though sorry.

paladin
March 12th, 2009, 03:04 PM
Anything produced by Hauppage is a solid safe investment.

QFT, get the hauppauge HD PVR

leorimolo
March 12th, 2009, 05:54 PM
Looking for an internal HD (720p minimum) video capture card for my PC. I'd like to be able to hook my Xbox 360 up to it and record certain bits of footage while playing it on my monitor without any input lag whatsoever.

Suggestions?

Right now I have my Xbox 360 hooked up to my monitor via VGA and my speakers via Optical, works great for gaming, but not so much for capturing (not at all).
Get the black magic intensity. MUCH better quality than the haupague. The only down side is that you might need raid in order to capture uncompressed 720p

InnerGoat
March 12th, 2009, 06:09 PM
Ah yes that's the name, thanks leorimolo :)

Cortexian
March 12th, 2009, 11:58 PM
Oh yesh! The Intensity Pro looks to be exactly what I'm looking for, and when I get my two Western Digital 300GB VelociRaptors (in RAID 0 of course) I'll be all set!

Bookmarking for future reference!