PDA

View Full Version : Yeah...so there's this essay...

ThePlague
March 11th, 2009, 11:14 PM
I have to do a seven page essay on The Lost Generation, and it's due in two days. Due on Turnitin.com in a day. Thing is, since i'm the epic procrastinator like I am, I haven't started shit on it.

So that's why I posted this, to see if anyone would like to either tell me stuff about it, give me some good references, or if anyone has done this topic before and has it still.

Requirements are:

Needs to be seven pages
no more than 30% plagiarism
I need some legit citations, to create a fairly decent Works Cited page
at least one book reference
Can't use any references from Wikipedia, because the school I go to sucks

So, anyone wanna help a comrade out?

RobertGraham
March 11th, 2009, 11:26 PM
I have to do a seven page essay on The Lost Generation, and it's due in two days. Due on Turnitin.com in a day. Thing is, since i'm the epic procrastinator like I am, I haven't started shit on it.

So that's why I posted this, to see if anyone would like to either tell me stuff about it, give me some good references, or if anyone has done this topic before and has it still.

Requirements are:

Needs to be seven pages
I need some legit citations, to create a fairly decent Works Cited page
at least one book reference
Can't use any references from Wikipedia, because the school I go to sucks

So, anyone wanna help a comrade out?Why do you keep asking people to do your homework? :|

ThePlague
March 11th, 2009, 11:32 PM
Why do you keep asking people to do your homework? :|
Why not?

But seriously, the book thing was just to see if I could find a better book than the Halo series, it wasn't really a "omg I needz srs halp guise cause, lalala"

This on the other hand is something that I need help with, because I really suck on these research essay things. If it was write 7 pages from random nothingness, i'd easily do it, because i'm good at free writing.

So, anyone have any "constructive" posts about this?

ChemicalFizz
March 11th, 2009, 11:40 PM
Instead of citing wikipedia directly, use Wikipedia, then cite the references (endnotes) of the facts in wikipedia by going to the website that's in the endnotes/references section of the article.

rossmum
March 11th, 2009, 11:48 PM
Yeah. We were told we'd lose serious marks if we used Wikipedia as a source, especially by itself; while some articles are great, it is still a freely-editable site and any idiot can slip in some bullshit either to push their own agenda or just because they think they know it all when they're actually completely wrong.

ThePlague
March 11th, 2009, 11:52 PM
Yeah. We were told we'd lose serious marks if we used Wikipedia as a source, especially by itself; while some articles are great, it is still a freely-editable site and any idiot can slip in some bullshit either to push their own agenda or just because they think they know it all when they're actually completely wrong.
That's pretty much why she said we can't use it as a source.

ChemicalFizz
March 11th, 2009, 11:52 PM
also, i'm guessing you're fucked with going to the library. Hopefully, google books will help you.

DrunkenSamus
March 11th, 2009, 11:59 PM
Dude, post this on Yahoo answers. I usually look for easy answers and information for My European History FRQs over there and the people there are like talking books who won't hesitate to answer your question.

ThePlague
March 12th, 2009, 12:06 AM
Dude, post this on Yahoo answers. I usually look for easy answers and information for My European History FRQs over there and the people there are like talking books who won't hesitate to answer your question.
Alright, just posted it on there. I'll leave this topic up for a few until I get an answer from there that works out. Thanks for the idea.

TVTyrant
March 12th, 2009, 12:20 AM
30% Plagiarism? Awesome, I wish my school let me have that.

SnaFuBAR
March 12th, 2009, 12:26 AM
Requirements are:

sounds like a quality education you're getting. :fail:

ThePlague
March 12th, 2009, 08:58 AM
So, I got the same answer of citing wiki sources, but also got some books and magazine ideas. This thread is of no use now. Locked