PDA

View Full Version : XBox brings the best of Halo only to Europe.

Heathen
March 13th, 2009, 05:17 PM
Here >:U (http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/18716/Best-of-Halo-Xbox-360-Bundle-Officially-Announced/)

XBOX BRINGS BEST OF HALO TO EUROPE

Xbox today announced a new retail offer for Europe only that brings the best of Halo together in one great-value package. Available from 27 February, the “Best of Halo” bundle contains “Halo Wars”, the latest in the Halo franchise which redefines the real-time strategy (RTS) genre within the Halo universe; the pop culture phenomenon that is “Halo 3”; and an Xbox 360 Pro video game system plus wireless controller, all for an estimated retail price of €269.

http://media.teamxbox.com/games/ss/1572/1233184683.jpg
The “Halo” franchise has become a global phenomenon, with Halo 3 garnering more than $300 million in world-wide sales in its first week of release. The critically acclaimed Xbox 360 exclusive (which racked up an impressive number of perfect review scores in leading games journals across Europe), set new records as the fastest-selling video game ever when it launched in 2007, and the franchise is one of the most successful entertainment properties in history.

The bundle will be available for a limited time in the following countries: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Greece, Slovakia, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Republic of Hungary, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland.

Kinda bunk ms....kinda bunk.

paladin
March 13th, 2009, 05:27 PM
Well, the title is kind of misleading since Halo: Combat Evolved was the best....

Heathen
March 13th, 2009, 05:56 PM
still, even though I dont need a new xbox, it would be nice for the US to be presented with this offer...

sdavis117
March 13th, 2009, 06:10 PM
Well, the title is kind of misleading since Halo: Combat Evolved was the best....
Fucking truth. Halo 3 doesn't even compare to HaloCE.

Heathen
March 13th, 2009, 06:42 PM
I think, and in all honesty, that that is a rediculous statement.

While its a great game and still played, its silly to say that halo CE is better than halo 3.

Dont get me wrong, I love and still play CE from time to time, but be realistic...

sdavis117
March 13th, 2009, 06:46 PM
Sure, if you have Xbox Live, and you are only considering the Xbox version of Halo CE, and are ignoring Xbox-Connect, then yes, Halo 3 is better.

Anton
March 13th, 2009, 07:11 PM
I wish this package was available in the U.S. I need to buy a 360 here soon so I can play with you silly people and I don't want to buy the games separately.

Also,
The only thing I think CE had going for it that was better than three was the story-line (only because it kept me wanting more) and the sounds.

I was also younger so the story was more..captivating than it would be to me now.

I wish CE would be remade for X360 with Live and revamped models/textures.

L0d3x
March 13th, 2009, 07:34 PM
Man, I'd consider getting an extra xbox for such a cheap price + those games.
Am I glad I live in Belgium!

Pooky
March 13th, 2009, 08:08 PM

^

Though personally I think calling anything 'best of Halo' is asinine. There have only been 4 games for fucks sake.

Phopojijo
March 13th, 2009, 08:50 PM
Yeah and I still prefer Halo 1's single-player component. Halo 3's was kinda balls... Halo 2 was great but just wasn't Halo's calibur.

That being said...

I played Halo 1 on the PC.

Heathen
March 13th, 2009, 09:33 PM
^

Though personally I think calling anything 'best of Halo' is asinine. There have only been 4 games for fucks sake.
I just named it what the damn article was called >:U

lol.

LinkandKvel
March 14th, 2009, 12:47 AM
Fucking truth. Halo 3 doesn't even compare to HaloCE.
QFT

Don't we all?

Lateksi
March 14th, 2009, 05:08 AM
QFT

Don't we all?

I'd like it a PC game where you can actually choose the server you play in! But its not like a remake is going to be made in at least 5 years.

Heathen
March 14th, 2009, 12:22 PM
I do agree with this.

Inferno
March 14th, 2009, 01:18 PM
When Halo 3 gets a EK and mouse and keyboard support it will be good.
Until then I see it as a time waster for when I'm running light maps. Sure it's fun but how can you ACTUALLY play a shooter on a controller.

Heathen
March 14th, 2009, 01:43 PM
When Halo 3 gets a EK and mouse and keyboard support it will be good.
Until then I see it as a time waster for when I'm running light maps. Sure it's fun but how can you ACTUALLY play a shooter on a controller.
Because I am one of those normal people who can deal with change. Thats like saying how can you play a racing game without pedals.

Limited
March 14th, 2009, 02:45 PM
Um. No United Kingdom?...What the hell.

Inferno
March 14th, 2009, 03:48 PM
Because I am one of those normal people who can deal with change. Thats like saying how can you play a racing game without pedals.

Why make a million people change to controller when you could have 5 people make a mouse and keyboard support update for the xbox.

I can play decently with a controller. Highest skill 32 isn't shabby for a PC gamer but it still bothers to me to no end how I can't twitch aim and quick turn etc...

Also I play racing and flying games with a controller. Playing those with a mouse is impossible.

Gamerkd16
March 14th, 2009, 03:56 PM

While its a great game and still played, its silly to say that halo CE is better than halo 3.

Dont get me wrong, I love and still play CE from time to time, but be realistic...
What other game has kept us playing for 6 years after it was released? Halo 3 was released in '07 and I don't really even play it anymore. I moved on to COD4.

Heathen
March 14th, 2009, 03:58 PM
I personally like the controller. Not more but about equally.

They both have their positives and negatives.

Mostly the reason consoles use controllers is because they are trying to attract a broader audience.
When they were thinking of the less tech-savvy audience they thought "simplicity will make it less intimidating."

Now as far as simplicity goes, which one do you think they should have chosen?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41141000/jpg/_41141351_360_controller02.jpg
11 Buttons, 2 Joysitcks, and a D-Pad.

OR

http://trace.wisc.edu/docs/browser/exemplars/keyboard.jpg
104 Keys

And gamerkid, Unfortunately Halo CE is dieing. Its been evident for a while...

Inferno
March 14th, 2009, 04:00 PM
I'm not saying Microsoft should make that a mainstream thing but you should have the OPTION to plug in a mouse and keyboard and play with that.

Then I would actually play Halo 3 more regularly.

Heathen
March 14th, 2009, 04:08 PM
but we all know Mice have an advantage against the controllers.

Gamerkd16
March 14th, 2009, 04:31 PM
Actually I'm for the controller with Halo CE too. I'd hook up my 360 one but it's wireless....I need a wired one.

Yeah, I haven't played CE in a while too.

LinkandKvel
March 14th, 2009, 04:55 PM
I never understood why you would prefer to (scroll, pick up mouse, scroll...repeat) Rather than just turning a thumbstick. Only advantage is sensitivity. 10 sensitivity on halo 3 is pretty fucking fast.

Sever
March 14th, 2009, 05:20 PM
Accuracy. You can point and click very accurately with a mouse.

Heathen
March 14th, 2009, 05:26 PM
Accuracy. You can point and click very accurately with a mouse.

n00b1n8R
March 14th, 2009, 06:18 PM

I tried the H3 campaign for the first time a few weeks ago.
I played that level with the scarab.
Shit was boring and I wanted to start up CE again.

Pooky
March 14th, 2009, 07:52 PM
I tried the H3 campaign for the first time a few weeks ago.
I played that level with the scarab.
Shit was boring and I wanted to start up CE again.
P.S. there are 3 levels with Scarabs in them :ssh:

Inferno
March 14th, 2009, 11:03 PM
I never understood why you would prefer to (scroll, pick up mouse, scroll...repeat) Rather than just turning a thumbstick. Only advantage is sensitivity. 10 sensitivity on halo 3 is pretty fucking fast.

I have my sensitivity high enough so I can twitch a 180 degree turn with a movement of like 1 or 2 inches.
I never have to pick up my mouse.

t3h m00kz
March 15th, 2009, 06:01 AM
but we all know Mice have an advantage against the controllers.

*coughH2VSNIPERScough*

Heathen
March 15th, 2009, 11:43 AM
*coughH2VSNIPERScough*
The reason autoaim is on almost every console shooter is because it makes it easier to follow your target with the lack of reflexive movements and all, as I am sure you all know.

Anyways, they implemented the autoaim into the controller, which can be used to gain an unfair advantage by using the controller to get autoaim on the mouse right? Couldn't they like...hold down an unused button and make the game think they are using the joystick? Then use the mouse to aim?

Warsaw
March 15th, 2009, 06:37 PM
I think for Halo 2 Vista, what you do is tape down one side of the D-pad (which serves no function in Halo 2), which triggers the Controller detection (and hence autoaim), and then proceed to use the mouse with this advantage.

t3h m00kz
March 15th, 2009, 09:08 PM
precisely.

ultama121
March 15th, 2009, 10:15 PM
Uhh I really don't care at all about this bundle tbh. It's just H3 and HW with a Pro Console. :v:

But the most fun I ever had with Halo multiplayer was easily H1X. (CE as well)

Warsaw
March 15th, 2009, 10:21 PM
True statement. Halo 2 and 3 have a lot of options, but none of them actually make it any more fun because the mechanics are not the same as the original. If I could have the mutliplayer options of Halo 3 with the mechanics of Halo 1, that would be amazing.

Heathen
March 16th, 2009, 07:13 AM
True statement. Halo 2 and 3 have a lot of options, but none of them actually make it any more fun because the mechanics are not the same as the original. If I could have the mutliplayer options of Halo 3 with the mechanics of Halo 1, that would be amazing.
So...let me get this straight.
Halo 1 was the best because of its inflexibility and great default mechanics. I can understand that. But the others were bad because of their flexibility which made it deviate from the original mechanics...I get that.

Here's where I get lost...your saying what you would like is to have Halo 1's mechanics with the flexibility of Halo 3? Doesn't that defeat the "deviating from the original mechanics" purpose?

Warsaw
March 16th, 2009, 02:07 PM
By options I mean the game types, gravity level sets, etc. The mechanics of Halos 2 and 3 are whack because the hitboxes are huge, the autoaim is too high, the melees have a lunge, and the health recharges.

Heathen
March 16th, 2009, 03:18 PM
By options I mean the game types, gravity level sets, etc. The mechanics of Halos 2 and 3 are whack because the hitboxes are huge, the autoaim is too high, the melees have a lunge, and the health recharges.
Ohhhh, see I thought by mechanics you meant the gravity, speed, and gametypes.

Comprende.

ultama121
March 16th, 2009, 06:21 PM
This is my last off topic post in this thread, but if I had to say anything, I'd say that I just loved the flow of H1X's game play. Just like a river...