PDA

View Full Version : Playstation Portable 2

Warsaw
March 14th, 2009, 10:39 PM
Looks like we might just be getting dual analog sticks after all, folks:

IGN has learned from several credible sources that the PSP 2 is indeed on the horizon, and will be packing multi-touch technology. According to our sources, the PSP 2 will feature a widescreen multi-touch interface comparable to that of the iPhone for both in-game control and menu navigation. Unfortunately, we were unable to secure any additional details on the alleged new system, but this latest batch of rumors seems to fall in line with other recent claims orbiting the vast recesses of the internet.

Read Here (http://www.hardwaresphere.com/2009/01/27/rumor-sony-psp2-with-multi-touch-screen/)

TeeKup
March 14th, 2009, 10:40 PM
Interesting new design.

sdavis117
March 14th, 2009, 10:42 PM
2 nubs? Touch Screen, yet still has a full control scheme that can work well without the Touch Screen? (Hopefully) better graphics?

Do want.

paladin
March 14th, 2009, 10:44 PM
looks impressive

Warsaw
March 14th, 2009, 10:44 PM
Now we just need Microsoft to jump onto the Portables bandwagon.

Hotrod
March 14th, 2009, 10:46 PM
You guys do know that the picture probably isn't the real design, right? It is just a rumor after all.

sdavis117
March 14th, 2009, 10:49 PM
You guys do know that the picture probably isn't the real design, right? It is just a rumor after all.

If it isn't the real design I will kill a kitten.

That thing looks fucking bad-ass. That better be the real design.

Warsaw
March 14th, 2009, 10:50 PM
If it is, that would be win, and the fact that SONY is declining to comment just makes us hope more. :D

Heathen
March 14th, 2009, 10:50 PM
Will this be a new "console" or an upgraded version of the other one?

E: nvm :O

klange
March 14th, 2009, 10:57 PM
Quite nice.

Cortexian
March 14th, 2009, 11:45 PM
That picture popped up A LONG time ago on Engadget, they confirmed that it was phony by talking to Sony.

ICEE
March 14th, 2009, 11:51 PM
Oh nice one guys. Make the buttons slide BEHIND the screen. One thing nintendo did very right with the DS is positioning the screen to be protected while the system is closed. I'd sacrifice compactness for that any day.

Heathen
March 15th, 2009, 12:11 AM
Welp its fake.

Might as well lock this puppy.

Amit
March 15th, 2009, 12:12 AM
That design is ugly anyways. why the hell would I want such a bulky device?

klange
March 15th, 2009, 12:17 AM
The article is about the rumor. The rumor is highly credible. The pic is unrelated to the rumor: it's an old fan-job. Thread should not be locked.

Heathen
March 15th, 2009, 12:54 AM
Ah, ok.

I'll allow it.

But since the first one came out I was like wtf about not having dual joysticks.

It was very possible :/

Mr Buckshot
March 15th, 2009, 01:36 AM
This is old, it's nice, but I doubt it'll look like that in the end. One thing it could use is ergonomic curvy grips at the side like on the current PSP.

2 analog sticks is a must-have though, the only reason I didn't buy the PSP was the lack of a second stick (at the very least they could've put it on the right instead >.>). However I have played with my friends' PSPs at school and the games are fun, just that shooters and platformers have obvious issues.