PDA

View Full Version : Call of Duty: WaW Map Pack 1 Released

Limited
March 19th, 2009, 10:44 PM
How is there no thread about this yet???

The first map pack for World at War is now out, grab it from XBL for 800 ms points or on the PSN

What does it include? 3 new MP maps and a new nazi zombie map that contains new perks and fun stuff.

http://www.callofduty.com/

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/media/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8024156081c/?of=3

Go go go!

PlasbianX
March 19th, 2009, 11:15 PM
Marketplace is down right now.

ThePlague
March 21st, 2009, 02:30 AM
Nightfire and Knee Deep weren't that great. Station was about the only one worth the points, except for the Nazi Zombie map Verruckt. That has to be the best and hardest map i've played. I like the new features, except for that damn teddy bear :/ Perks-a-cola machines are nice. Weapons are alright. But what sucks is that there's rarely any place to camp, like the first nazi zombie map. I found a pretty decent place, next to the electrical room, but it's not hella perfect.

Also, i'm back :x

Spartan094
March 21st, 2009, 07:48 AM
damn i liked the new map packs but i have to go agree with ThePlague, Nightfire and Knee Deep are ok but the new Nazi Zombie map is damn hard, but the perks help alot when you have a very fast machinegun, btw they redid alot of crap in Nazi map like new sounds which are totaly aswome! i think they should make it free thou which i hardly dout so go figure :(

sdavis117
March 21st, 2009, 07:51 AM
I sold my copy of CoD5 for a copy of Halo Wars.

I generally did not like CoD5. This map-pack does not look like it would change that opinion either.

Pyong Kawaguchi
March 21st, 2009, 10:09 AM
Sucks that pc hasn't gotten the maps yet :S

Heathen
March 21st, 2009, 10:28 AM
The only one I will play is the Zombies one. How is it?

Pyong Kawaguchi
March 21st, 2009, 10:49 AM
Its quite good imo, it has alot of new features, like the perk sodas, it has more weapons, it actually has two spawn areas, you have to turn on the power for some things, bouncing bettys, and more :)

ThePlague
March 21st, 2009, 11:17 AM
You only get one bouncing betty though, which isn't that bad. There are more weapons, but what's cool is they revamped the damage they do. Stuff like the M1a carbine packs a way bigger punch than it did in the first map. The perks go away when you die, but they sure as hell come in handy. The level is pretty enclosed, and there's a butt load of more areas you have to watch, but that just adds to the flavor. The zombies run faster, can reach through the windows when you're repairing them, they make more weird noises, and they sometimes march when they are coming towards you. The new sounds are for the things like Instakill, and it says what it is once you pick it up. It also says other things, but I don't want to say them because it's better for you to find out for yourself.

Daishi
March 21st, 2009, 11:28 AM
Is this out for PC or not? I thought it came out for PC with the 1.03 patch, but there are still people saying it isn't out yet. Which is it?

Pyong Kawaguchi
March 21st, 2009, 12:08 PM
Its not for pc, I checked the 1.03 update on the website and it had no information at all about more maps, and it is quite small in filesize compared to other updates that include more maps.
They are probably working out a few kinks, and setting it up so that people can use the new nazi zombie items in custom maps, and possibly put the new sounds and map-specific bugfixes into the old one as well.

PlasbianX
March 21st, 2009, 03:19 PM
You only get one bouncing betty though, which isn't that bad. There are more weapons, but what's cool is they revamped the damage they do. Stuff like the M1a carbine packs a way bigger punch than it did in the first map. The perks go away when you die, but they sure as hell come in handy. The level is pretty enclosed, and there's a butt load of more areas you have to watch, but that just adds to the flavor. The zombies run faster, can reach through the windows when you're repairing them, they make more weird noises, and they sometimes march when they are coming towards you. The new sounds are for the things like Instakill, and it says what it is once you pick it up. It also says other things, but I don't want to say them because it's better for you to find out for yourself.

Wrong. You get 2, and 2 more every round and deployed bettys never disappear.

Limited
March 21st, 2009, 04:04 PM
What the heck is a bouncing betty?

Also, because stupid Microsoft wont accept British debt cards I cant buy the points, to then buy the map pack. So right now, no new zombies for me :(

Pyong Kawaguchi
March 21st, 2009, 04:05 PM
Bouncing bettys are the equivilant of cod4's claymores

Limited
March 21st, 2009, 04:08 PM
So tripmines? Sick :O